Shez - "I need five or six players"

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

There is always a possibility that this chancer is taking on for a minimal fee the loss making football team whilst Corney and Co retain all there other business interests, that's probably the ideal for them as it's the part of the business losing money. 

That was my initial thought, the worst of all worlds.

Shez has said he wants 5 or 6 players, it could be SC is trying to help by drafting trialists in for the manager to look at before buying ahead of the transfer deadline. 

I've recommended one myself, but dont know if he's been involved yet.

4 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Hypothetically.....

1. You buy a club for £9m

2. You sign a load of your players and field them in the team despite them being rubbish

3. Said players look and play rubbish thus devaluing their resale value further and club suffers as a result 

4. No profits on player resales and no additional income arising from league or cup success 

5. Your original investment of £9m is much less as a result of points 2 to 4

For such a commercial-astute and football agent "aficionado", the above isn't really logical or makes no sound business sense whatsoever.

Even if he's simply an investor with Corney/Blitz holding the reins then (and I pause here as I expect flack from snipers) give Corney some respect that he would spot this a mile off especially if Shez criticises the calibre of said influx of players.  Corney has swam with the sharks for long enough to warrant a six-figure annual injection (guesstimate) not being worthwhile as it would jeopardise the overall success....and their own financial investment.

Skimming a few grand from player resales, which wouldn't even materialise if players proved to be rubbish on the pitch, isn't financially worthwhile.  We're talking a moderate goalkeeper here not the buying and reselling of Buffon.

Shez's pride might be dented if he's having players forced upon him but if those players enhance the team and we succeed from a position without those players then he'd be happy as it makes him look better.  That said, I haven't read or heard anything that may suggest this.  He's commented that Placide is a number 2 and still aiming for a number 1.  If Placide proves to be better than Wilson than what's the issue?!

Lets take the positives from this until we experience any negatives first hand.

At last a voice of reason on here. Well argued points that are already being ignored. And now we have a potential investor labelled as 'a chancer' by somebody who cannot say a good word about Corney. Incredible.

Need to see something concrete ASAP for mine..the team has made a dreadful start to the season and needs strengthening NOW...im concerned this is going to drag on behind the scenes while the team struggles..

Ps why does it say -228 next to my name?

Edited by rigsby