Shez - "I need five or six players"

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

I was just about to ask if you were 'in the know' then realised that Abu Dabi and Dubai are quite obviously the same place

One has a fuckload of oil, the other is fur coat and no knickers. I do feel rather cautious not knowing where the money is coming from. There have been random players spotted all week including today, if we can get a really good signing in then great but we do have a game tomorrow to prepare for 

Heard a few things today which haven't surprised me, With the way Sheridan has been in interviews the last week. 

Sheridan not happy as this 'investor' has been getting involved with training all week putting his mark on the team which isn't laying well with shez or the coaching team. The guy apparently Brought in more trialists today which were bad quality, Didn't go down well as friday is the main prep day for games. 

Players aren't impressed either. 

Im not a fan of corney at all but for me I would prefer corney all day long with what I've heard. I'm not one to come out with 'in the know stuff' but my last thing I heard was that we got put under an embargo last season which I posted on here. So not one for making things up. 

17 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Heard a few things today which haven't surprised me, With the way Sheridan has been in interviews the last week. 

Sheridan not happy as this 'investor' has been getting involved with training all week putting his mark on the team which isn't laying well with shez or the coaching team. The guy apparently Brought in more trialists today which were bad quality, Didn't go down well as friday is the main prep day for games. 

Im not a fan of corney at all but for me I would prefer corney all day long with what I've heard. I'm not one to come out with 'in the know stuff' but my last thing I heard was that we got put under an embargo last season which I posted on here. So not one for making things up. 

The fact Corney is allowing this carry on is the most worrying aspect for me.

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Corney has said on numerous occasions over the years that he would only sell to the right person and to someone who could take the club forwards.  He's even said that he's rebuffed interest from interested parties as they've not seemed a good fit.  If there is any truth in this then it's a concern.  I thought 'due diligence' from an investor was combing through the books, not holding training sessions with the players.

Does this make sense to anyone? A Possible owner /investor getting involved with training/bringing in players alledgedly?, no matter what their credentials are?. The manager is in place until deemed 

otherwise, we support the club, manager and players. 

We need stability at this moment in time on the pitch at least

The guy is an agent, i said i was against this and people downboated me for it, if he is linked with a takeover, the people who think he isnt going to use that as a way of getting his foot in the door with people he is involved with are deluded as fuck......we are going to end up with a load of no hopers getting signed who may even be as shit as the no hopers we've got now.......if he takes over or is involved with a takeover we will somehow be worse off then where we are now if thats even possible......in a nutshell were fucked 

1 hour ago, OL9erlatic said:

The guy is an agent, i said i was against this and people downboated me for it, if he is linked with a takeover, the people who think he isnt going to use that as a way of getting his foot in the door with people he is involved with are deluded as fuck......we are going to end up with a load of no hopers getting signed who may even be as shit as the no hopers we've got now.......if he takes over or is involved with a takeover we will somehow be worse off then where we are now if thats even possible......in a nutshell were fucked 

It just seems a bit strange to me. Oddly enough, in another thread a few days before Corney made this announcement the consensus was that Corney and his friends behind the scenes were demanding too much for the club and other assets.  Why would this guy come in and make to them an acceptable offer just to potentially turn the club into a car boot for crappy foreign players? There must be cheaper clubs out there to buy if that's the intention. Just seems really odd but I'm sure it'll all come out eventually.

I would love it to be a billionaire oil baron who is behind the scenes and this abdullah the football agent is just a red herring but this is Latics after all.

Edited by johnafoafc

Hypothetically.....

1. You buy a club for £9m

2. You sign a load of your players and field them in the team despite them being rubbish

3. Said players look and play rubbish thus devaluing their resale value further and club suffers as a result 

4. No profits on player resales and no additional income arising from league or cup success 

5. Your original investment of £9m is much less as a result of points 2 to 4

For such a commercial-astute and football agent "aficionado", the above isn't really logical or makes no sound business sense whatsoever.

Even if he's simply an investor with Corney/Blitz holding the reins then (and I pause here as I expect flack from snipers) give Corney some respect that he would spot this a mile off especially if Shez criticises the calibre of said influx of players.  Corney has swam with the sharks for long enough to warrant a six-figure annual injection (guesstimate) not being worthwhile as it would jeopardise the overall success....and their own financial investment.

Skimming a few grand from player resales, which wouldn't even materialise if players proved to be rubbish on the pitch, isn't financially worthwhile.  We're talking a moderate goalkeeper here not the buying and reselling of Buffon.

Shez's pride might be dented if he's having players forced upon him but if those players enhance the team and we succeed from a position without those players then he'd be happy as it makes him look better.  That said, I haven't read or heard anything that may suggest this.  He's commented that Placide is a number 2 and still aiming for a number 1.  If Placide proves to be better than Wilson than what's the issue?!

Lets take the positives from this until we experience any negatives first hand.

Edited by Midsblue

There is always a possibility that this chancer is taking on for a minimal fee the loss making football team whilst Corney and Co retain all there other business interests, that's probably the ideal for them as it's the part of the business losing money.