Shez - "I need five or six players"

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, OL9erlatic said:

Not sure why I am reading so much support for our strikers, im not confident that any of them would bag 10 in a league season as i have said earlier, even if we had a decent midfield nevermind a good one.

What worries me, as others have said is the wasted wages. Im going to hazard a guess to our highest earners.

1. Clarke (understandable after last season, even though he has been shaky to say the least so far this)

2. Holloway 

3. Flynn

4. Gerrard

5. Davies

For a team without a pot to piss in, 3/4 of them are a complete waste

That leaves us with 1.25 decent players. Clarke and .25 of Gerrard.

17 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Hiram Boateng on trial at the club, defensive midfielder. Don't know whether he's signing or what but definitely on trial.

Would he be any better or offer anything different than Fane?

They've made a similar number of professional appearances but Fane's are all at this level while Boateng's were mainly on loan in League 2. 

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Would he be any better or offer anything different than Fane?

They've made a similar number of professional appearances but Fane's are all at this level while Boateng's were mainly on loan in League 2. 

20 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see us sign Jack Byrne from Wigan...

Wigan are looking to ship him out, don't know if on loan or permanent. He signed a 3 and a half year deal in Jan though so would imagine on loan. Supposed to be a quality player, just a bit of a knob apparently.

7 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Wigan are looking to ship him out, don't know if on loan or permanent. He signed a 3 and a half year deal in Jan though so would imagine on loan. Supposed to be a quality player, just a bit of a knob apparently.

He's been training with us this morning...

7 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

They've already released him apparently 

8 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Little edit there mate, why change from saying who it was ? 

I've answered a question above saying who it is.

This Asian guy has brought a load of trialists over with him. One of them is Placide. Sheridan had nothing to do with the signing. It's Corney and the Asian fella...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I've answered a question above saying who it is.

This Asian guy has brought a load of trialists over with him. One of them is Placide. Sheridan had nothing to do with the signing. It's Corney and the Asian fella...

Do you think all this is unsettling the players and staff?