Shez - "I need five or six players"

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gardner and a first choice keeper make might make a noticeable difference.

Clarke and Gerrard don't suddently become crap in 2 months.
And a no nonsense midfielder was already on th elsit and seemingly advanced stages so there is 3 of the 5/6. And a quarter of the team.

I am sure most of his interview was just frustration and coming straight out of the dressing room.

It normally feels like Shez gets more out of his team after the break, so maybe he kept calm for once and it backfired.

I do expect Shez to get a reaction from the players on Saturday, and if we don;t then that will be a better indicator.

Reportedly Corney was seen to react furiously after Oxford defeat (IIRC) so may indeed be amenable to more signings.

4 minutes ago, singe said:

Gardner and a first choice keeper make might make a noticeable difference.

Clarke and Gerrard don't suddently become crap in 2 months.
And a no nonsense midfielder was already on th elsit and seemingly advanced stages so there is 3 of the 5/6. And a quarter of the team.

I am sure most of his interview was just frustration and coming straight out of the dressing room.

It normally feels like Shez gets more out of his team after the break, so maybe he kept calm for once and it backfired.

I do expect Shez to get a reaction from the players on Saturday, and if we don;t then that will be a better indicator.

Reportedly Corney was seen to react furiously after Oxford defeat (IIRC) so may indeed be amenable to more signings.

have to agree, after only 3 games Saturday is a big one for Shez. Not one we HAVE to win yet but an improvement all round has to be seen.

35 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Bluddy Hell......nobody has said he can't........

Other than you... 

58 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Whereas, Banks, who is there as playmaker, has yet to to deliver a killer pass in just over one season and escapes your direct criticism.

In relation to the midfield, if we got Welsh/A N other, I'd play him in a three with Banks and Green (I've never seen Gardner play, but he may well be ahead of Banks), with McLaughlin and Tope/Kyeremeh wide, and probably Davies through the middle, since Holloway's about as lethal as a papercut anyway, and his first touch has deserted him, and not seen much of Duffus other than chasing shadows against Burton.

2 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Other than you... 

In relation to the midfield, if we got Welsh/A N other, I'd play him in a three with Banks and Green (I've never seen Gardner play, but he may well be ahead of Banks), with McLaughlin and Tope/Kyeremeh wide, and probably Davies through the middle, since Holloway's about as lethal as a papercut anyway, and his first touch has deserted him, and not seen much of Duffus other than chasing shadows against Burton.

Good point about Kyeremeh too, he'll be like another signing, and seemed to be the stand out player from the reports of matched and unanimously agreed we should sign.

With Flynn, who may now get a chance, that is like 4 new players, but a couple of additions would be good.,

43 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Bluddy Hell......nobody has said he can't.........but he's a master at "FLOATING" the ball in which invariably is a defenders dream. Mike Jones used "ping" the ball which usually causes a bit of trouble.

You must have thought long and hard to find those two examples!!!

So, I'll ask you the same question.........midfield general comes in.....who partners him, Fane or Banks?

Glad it's not just me that's noticed the 'floating' technique ever set piece and corner is the same.

5 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Other than you... 

Not sure you've quite grasped the concept of a killer pass which Banks is incapable of as opposed to a floated pass which is pretty to look at in training but ultimately useless!!!

Edited by mikejh45

22 hours ago, NewBlue said:

We've tried the same conversion with Banks and it's not worked so I hope we don't try the same with Gardner. He needs to go behind the strikers for me, and compete with Flynn for a place.

Anyone who can't compete with Flynn for a place should probably consider a career change.

48 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Bluddy Hell......nobody has said he can't.........but he's a master at "FLOATING" the ball in which invariably is a defenders dream. Mike Jones used "ping" the ball which usually causes a bit of trouble.

You must have thought long and hard to find those two examples!!!

So, I'll ask you the same question.........midfield general comes in.....who partners him, Fane or Banks?

He has literally quoted you there, saying he can’t...

4 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Not sure you've quite grasped the concept of a killer pass which Banks is incapable of as opposed to a floated pass which is pretty to look at in training but ultimately useless!!!

Killer passes and floated passes are not mutually exclusive! The goal that Deyres has quoted earlier is a killer pass, and is floated. 

Just now, josh_latics said:

Killer passes and floated passes are not mutually exclusive! The goal that Deyres has quoted earlier is a killer pass, and is floated. 

But that is the sum total of Banks's passing ability..........no point in nitpicking the one pass in a thousand that worked.

Every corner or free kick that Banks takes is a defenders dream.

6 minutes ago, dec666 said:

He has literally quoted you there, saying he can’t...

Jesus wept.....OK, I'll make it clear..............Banks, our main central f*cking playmaker, is f*cking incapable of putting in a cross like the one that Clarke scored against Chesterfield away.........a cross that his sent in at pace doesn't give the defence much time to get organised.

2 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Jesus wept.....OK, I'll make it clear..............Banks, our main central f*cking playmaker, is f*cking incapable of putting in a cross like the one that Clarke scored against Chesterfield away.........a cross that his sent in at pace doesn't give the defence much time to get organised.

He isn't the main anything, probably won't be in the team come the end of the month