Oldham v Wigan

If we play both Banks and Gardner in our midfield I fear we'll get battered. Shez alludes to Gardner not being one to tackle and win headers so Fane will have his work cut out to protect the defence and 'doin the ugly' on his own.

Shez says....."We have to be braver on the ball. Our possession is just not good enough."

We as fans all know that, I don't think that can be coached as most of our team are experienced players and at this stage of their careers they either have that in their locker or not.

History tells us we usually win these games when least expected, however tomorrow I fear a rout!!

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If we play both Banks and Gardner in our midfield I fear we'll get battered. Shez alludes to Gardner not being one to tackle and win headers so Fane will have his work cut out to protect the defence and 'doin the ugly' on his own.

Shez says....."We have to be braver on the ball. Our possession is just not good enough."

We as fans all know that, I don't think that can be coached as most of our team are experienced players and at this stage of their careers they either have that in their locker or not.

History tells us we usually win these games when least expected, however tomorrow I fear a rout!!

My concern is an early Fane yellow card, which would leave us on tenterhooks 

4-5-1 for me

wilson

wilson Clarke Gerrard hunt

mclaughlin fane banks Gardner tope

davies

fane and Gardner just in front of back 4 with fane the ball winner and Gardner set to take the ball off him and the back 4 to set a counter. 

AAH to come on for Davies if 0-0 or winning Duffuss to come on for banks if chasing 

Edited by Blue_Guru

49 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

My concern is an early Fane yellow card, which would leave us on tenterhooks 

Play him in goal. Actually I am genuinely interested in who are nominated emergency keeper is.

Edited by Dave_Og

8 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We're more likely to get a result with him off the pitch. Absolutely shite. Get to Barnet...

? only player Shez seems to guarantee a start to most games since he came back. 

Edited by adamoafc

5 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

? only player Shez seems to guarantee a start to most games since he came back. 

Also reckon Sheridan's comment in the Chron about Otzhumer winning all the headers in the middle on Saturday was a direct dig at Fane.

Get a few pints down Shez (and Wellens for that matter) and ask them about Fane. He isn't in the team because he's any good. He's in the team cos there's nobody else...

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Also reckon Sheridan's comment in the Chron about Otzhumer winning all the headers in the middle on Saturday was a direct dig at Banks.

Get a few pints down Shez (and Wellens for that matter) and ask them about Banks. He isn't in the team because he's any good. He's in the team cos there's nobody else...

Same applies.