Oldham v Wigan

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Shez clearly trying to make a point by playing Hunt in central midfield - there really can't be any other explanation. A bizarre decision.

Brian Wilson at left back was as big a flop.

7 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Haha knew that was coming. How did we look without him? From listening to wigans commentary and snippets of radio manc fane was what we missed. Wigan comms said banks was the reason our midfield was working as we needed a grafter. 

He was missed out of desperation more than anything. However, him and Fawns or Gardner, or them as a three, looks to me our most promising midfield combination out of the available options.

Let's not be funny though, Powell and co would've still run rings around him, he would've just give us the slim satisfaction of seeing a player who tries.

Gardner a big positive but would serve us better further up the pitch. The young winger did OK. Other than that we were shocking.

This team playing that formation and those tactics will score even less than last season!

We need a couple of quality players because this team will not stay up!

13 minutes ago, Laticfanatic1 said:

Sheridan has got to go. I'm not arsed. Something has gone on. That team today weren't interested one little bit. No fight or passion, looked like they've just been dragged off Clayton 5 mins before kick off.

You'll probably get slated for that, but there does seem something a bit post-night-at-the-dogs about all this...

3 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

It's our best result. I mean we lost modestly to a team who will likely be challenging for promotion this season and if we're as terrible as everyone is worried about, then we ought to have got trounced today. 

I think that's more Wigan took the foot off the gas to save fuel after going 2-0 up early doors more than anything. 

3 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

It's our best result. I mean we lost modestly to a team who will likely be challenging for promotion this season and if we're as terrible as everyone is worried about, then we ought to have got trounced today. 

We got trounced. They declared after 20 mins

We have to ignore today's game as Wigan will be at the top come May and their budget dwarves ours significantly.

However, questions need to be asked regarding Corney's comments around two or three surprises incoming AFTER we had signed the current squad apart from Wilson on loan.

Also, what is the board's position regarding Shez's request that 5-6 new players needed.

We've got 11 days in this window and I do expect comings and goings but it's obvious that some seriously injection is needed in the middle of the park, between the sticks, one at the back and another up front.  

If we have to be choosy then I think our midfield needs overhauling - two creative at least - so we stick with our strikers as is.  Baxter would be cheap and despite his issues would improve the middle immediately.  However I think we need a central defender though.

Corney can't magic the funds obviously but the first three games is showing that it'll be one long and painful season fighting safety without strengthening.  Does he want that or progress in the league to maintain and build on attendances?!

Edited by Midsblue

5 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Anyone who went will tell you that this is a dysfunctional team and more than anything that needs to be sorted quickly.

The sadist in me actually thinks we were a slight improvement from our last home game...I know...slight.

i was expecting us to get thumped and a 2-0 down I thought we were as they beat Bury 4-1 last week. They were bloody tall weren't they yet seem to fall on the floor a lot, think they took their foot off the gas in the second half As we had little to offer.

was our only shot on target in the last 5 mins?....

bloody tanoy in the RRE was not working again, so lots of people were unsure when to clap at the 56th minute. I believe, yes believe the scoreboard part of the perimeter wasn't on today as allegedly the only person who can reset it/work it was on holiday and there does not seem to be any instructions/handover for anyone else.

And the officials? I am at a loss...

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

We have to ignore today's game as Wigan will be at the top come May and their budget dwarves ours significantly.

However, questions need to be asked regarding Corney's comments around two or three surprises incoming AFTER we had signed the current squad apart from Wilson on loan.

Also, what is the board's position regarding Shez's request that 5-6 new players needed.

We've got 11 days in this window and I do expect comings and goings but it's obvious that some seriously injection is needed in the middle of the park, between the sticks, one at the back and another up front.  

If we have to be choosy then I think our midfield needs overhauling - two creative at least - so we stick with our strikers as is.  However I think we need a central defender though.

Corney can't magic the funds obviously but the first three games is showing that it'll be one long and painful season fighting safety without strengthening.  Does he want that or progress in the league to maintain and build on attendances?!

We always seem to find ourselves back in this position but corney always tends to be able to give a shot of morphine to enough fans just as the end seems near. But every season it goes on, a few more fans can't stay the course and fall by the wayside. 

We cant and won't sustain anything other than a bottom of the table fight under his ownership. I have come to accept that and that's way I don't invest much of my money into the club along with many others. My fear is he has also now made the club unsaleable through the years of asset stripping.

1 minute ago, LaticsLegend said:

Agree with the first bit however I think he's changing his approach after blowing his top last week.

Too late I'm afraid it smacks of a cross between a desperate Dunn and the bullshit of Robinson and we know how all that panned out.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Good luck with picking the positives out of that then.

Who cant help them self!? Gardner was a big positive, doesn't suprise me that you missed that!

Find someone with a bit of nouce/ guile who can organise alongside him and we'll be ok. Unfortunately no such person exists at the club and we have no cash. I think well have someone in before the window but at the moment there is a huge disconnect between the midfield and the rest of the team!

Other than that it was shite!

Now as much as I'd love to tell you and all the Wigan fans abusing me in Twitter how wrong you all are. I'm off out with the wife for her birthday!

We move on to Blackpool where we WILL be better!

p.s Ollie Banks can fuck the fuck off! 

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If that was Robinson giving that interview he'd get crucified on here, deluded at best is how I'd describe that.

It'll be as much to do with him realising his last interview was probably a bit too honest. He was always going to go the other way. I'm pretty sure he knows we're shit.