Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

24 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Ashton, Stalybridge, Mossley and Middleton are good areas to target.

World has changed, the idea that there are thousands of potential supporters just waiting to be seduced by us is fanciful.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

What is there to do for a parent and his child in the build up to the game? Only thing that will bring back fans is results. We have no other attraction. 

Throw some suggestions in the ring, it's okay being critical of every tiny step the club tries to make but at least balance your argument with some constructive feedback. 

Without being a parent to a young child I do know they have a free matchday club, bench buddies and as far as I'm aware Boundary Blues is still going strong with plenty of activities going on in the family section of the RRE on match days. Many people work hard sometimes for free in these areas and rather than shoot down their efforts it's only fair that you give a balanced view of what your actually trying to say.

Just now, deyres42 said:

World has changed, the idea that there are thousands of potential supporters just waiting to be seduced by us is fanciful.

With the right facilities and prices, there is plenty of scope to attract families for a day out..... it requires the owner to devise a business plan and then invest to deliver it.

2 hours ago, dec666 said:

£4 increase on the day still. I just don't see the benefit of this? All it does is potentially deter fans from turning up on the day. Some fans can't commit beforehand due to work commitments etc...

I don't begrudge the club from making a couple of quid out of Johhny-come-lately's. You can purchase online and print at home so you can still do that on the morning of the match if you so desire (assuming that option is not whipped away at midnight the day before). I'll be doing that anyway as it's often on the morning of the match when I can be arsed / be allowed to go anyway. I can't imagine that many go "fuck it. £4 more? Nah, thanks!" anyway.

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

With the right facilities and prices, there is plenty of scope to attract families for a day out..... it requires the owner to devise a business plan and then invest to deliver it.

Those family stand ticket prices are canny.

Last season, say you had a family of two parents, a 14yo and a 9yo, it would cost £55 to go to a game, this season that's £42. Hopefully as you say we get the word out. But we can do our part too.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Said someone on the Lincoln forum a few years ago when they averaged 3000 odd a week, last season they had gates over 10,000 and averaged around 8,500. 

Believe it or not we could acheive similar given a decent level of success.

The best way to get fans in is a winning team which is playing good football.

As for attracting new fans....set up Saturday clubs were kids and their families can spend time at the club, 5/7 a side leagues for various age groups all run in the name of the club were the kids and families can feel a part of it. All this done Sat morning and then off to the club to have food and have some sort of incentives, meet players, some entertainment, win prizes ( kits, tickets etc ). You never know this could even find new players of the future.

There is a market to hit as BP said.

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Unless you have an owner with bottomless pockets they will find it difficult to cut prices to a level that attracts fans back game after game.

Quickest way to get better is to spend more money I suppose.

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Said someone on the Lincoln forum a few years ago when they averaged 3000 odd a week, last season they had gates over 10,000 and averaged around 8,500. 

Believe it or not we could acheive similar given a decent level of success.

They've done really well to be fair but they haven't got two of the world's biggest on the doorstep either.

Think it shows that a lot are only interested in a winning team.

28 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Unless you have an owner with bottomless pockets they will find it difficult to cut prices to a level that attracts fans back game after game.

Quickest way to get better is to spend more money I suppose.

There is completely empty unused space on the top floor of the North Stand. If I owned the l club, I'd be doing everything I could to re-purpose it into a quality space for families to enjoy and subsequently targeting marketing to the community around us. This requires a Business Plan. Cap Ex to increase revenues firstly to cover cost, then to make a profit from it.....

42 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I don't begrudge the club from making a couple of quid out of Johhny-come-lately's. You can purchase online and print at home so you can still do that on the morning of the match if you so desire (assuming that option is not whipped away at midnight the day before). I'll be doing that anyway as it's often on the morning of the match when I can be arsed / be allowed to go anyway. I can't imagine that many go "fuck it. £4 more? Nah, thanks!" anyway.

It is whipped away at midnight 

9 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

There is completely empty unused space on the top floor of the North Stand. If I owned the l club, I'd be doing everything I could to re-purpose it into a quality space for families to enjoy and subsequently targeting marketing to the community around us. This requires a Business Plan. Cap Ex to increase revenues firstly to cover cost, then to make a profit from it.....

Your money will be doing nothing more than paying off the £6 million it cost to build the whole thing. 

15 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Very laudable but doesn't strike as type of thing that will put an extra 2-3000 thousand on the gate.

Money obviously an issue, but in terms of advertising offers/the club in general, we'd do well to put adverts on the side of local buses. St Helens RL do it..

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=st+helens+bus&prmd=imsvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjx_pT_obrcAhUJWsAKHalmBzEQ_AUIESgB&biw=601&bih=962&dpr=1.33#imgdii=R3-mrsphBDMugM:&imgrc=t5X4jffqB22-nM:

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Very laudable but doesn't strike as type of thing that will put an extra 2-3000 thousand on the gate.

1) With the right facilities/pricing/marketing, why not?

2) How about writing a business plan to work out - given the Cap Ex required - how many I would need to bring in over what period, in order to pay for it. It's what any reputable, sensible, coherent business man/woman, would do....!

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

They've done really well to be fair but they haven't got two of the world's biggest on the doorstep either.

Think it shows that a lot are only interested in a winning team.

1n 1960 the signing of  Bobby Johnstone raised the gate from 5,000 to 17,000. It shows what initiatives can do  in capturing fans imagination.

20 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Why, (role playing this out) I don't own it.....

No you don't but our dear friends at brassbank do so ultimately you'd be dealing with them whilst lining their pockets with your revenues and profit. 

40 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

1n 1960 the signing of  Bobby Johnstone raised the gate from 5,000 to 17,000. It shows what initiatives can do  in capturing fans imagination.

We could sign Messi and probably still struggle to fill the ground.

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We could sign Messi and probably still struggle to fill the ground.

There is a big difference between the 1960’s and now. In those days there where no mobile phones and no internet and broadcasting of full games on TV was very rare. No Sky to inflate players transfers and salaries. So the only media that we got about the club was from the Chron or MEN, and rarely radio. When the Chron announced that we might sign Johnstone people came for curiosity and then got the bug to keep coming because he was a sensation. This would not happen today sadly. 

53 minutes ago, LaticsLen said:

No you don't but our dear friends at brassbank do so ultimately you'd be dealing with them whilst lining their pockets with your revenues and profit. 

Our friends at Brassbank are earning £0 and 0p from the top floor of their asset as things stand. If I owned the club, I'd be attempting to negotiate a suitable lease that would allow me to fit it out, & subsequently earn income from.....

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Our friends at Brassbank are earning £0 and 0p from the top floor of their asset as things stand. If I owned the club, I'd be attempting to negotiate a suitable lease that would allow me to fit it out, & subsequently earn income from.....

Cmon now they’re not that bright. 

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Actually, your first step would be trying to convince the owners of the stand to let you do it ?

Just now, Monty Burns said:

Actually, your first step would be trying to convince the owners of the stand to let you do it ?

Hello owners of stand, you are earning £0 and 0p from the top floor of your asset and I don't see a long of queue of potential suitors, fancy earning some money from agreeing a lease with me?

Archived