Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

11 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

We, OAFC Ltd,  cannot sublet it. OEC Ltd could but that doesnt bring any more money into the club unless they let it back to us. In which case we pay them rent or reduce the income charged under the lease!    (Please note that  I am speculating that the top floor is included.)

It seems you are reaching to find as many possible obstacles, however plausible, as you can in order to justify an agenda.

It's a matter of fact that there is an empty space available that could be put to use by any business that believes it could generate revenue/income and ultimately profit from it. Blitz & Gazal are businessmen. I would like Lemsagam to show he's one too.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

We, OAFC Ltd,  cannot sublet it. OEC Ltd could but that doesnt bring any more money into the club unless they let it back to us. In which case we pay them rent or reduce the income charged under the lease!    (Please note that  I am speculating that the top floor is included.)

Even if it is OEC could open it as a fans bar.

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

True, but lord knows how it demonstrates that he is worth those numbers. 

I think he'd be a good buy for a decent Championship side, probably looking in excess of £10k/week there. Let's wait and see if he actually goes to New Mordor first anyway, they are spinning all manner of shit at the moment to deflect attention from some inconvenient legal matters

13 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It seems you are reaching to find as many possible obstacles, however plausible, as you can in order to justify an agenda.

It's a matter of fact that there is an empty space available that could be put to use by any business that believes it could generate revenue/income and ultimately profit from it. Blitz & Gazal are businessmen. I would like Lemsagam to show he's one too.

Perhaps the benefits would be so minimal as to be not worth bothering.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

True, but lord knows how it demonstrates that he is worth those numbers. 

It's a calculated risk, believe it or not a deal that totals 2.5 million over three years is small fry in the modern game and there were players in League 1 earning 1 million plus last season.

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

It would have been so much easier to say that you did not understand my point. 

42 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

It would have been so much easier to say that you did not understand my point. 

Go on then Einstein, enlighten me with your pearls of wisdom, seeing that my inferior intelligence and clear lack of experience of renting office space is rendered obsolete in your majestic presence.

29 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Go on then Einstein, enlighten me with your pearls of wisdom, seeing that my inferior intelligence and clear lack of experience of renting office space is rendered obsolete in your majestic presence.

I will get back to you asap but I am rather tied up at the moment trying to discover/create/share/ an 'agenda.'

:idea:Perhaps I could lease one from somebody who doesnt own it!:dedhrse:

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

And keep all the dosh?

Yes

Aslong as they pay the rent to OAFC they are entitled to do this.

Its very common in the sports industry, the company I used to work for had 4 current premiership clubs outsource their hospitality to them both matchday and non matchday. After they pay the rent to us and all their overheads I doubt OEC makes much of a profit if any. Despite what some people think we are not missing out on millions here.

33 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yes

Aslong as they pay the rent to OAFC they are entitled to do this.

Its very common in the sports industry, the company I used to work for had 4 current premiership clubs outsource their hospitality to them both matchday and non matchday. After they pay the rent to us and all their overheads I doubt OEC makes much of a profit if any. Despite what some people think we are not missing out on millions here.

I'd heard part of the problem of putting anything in the OEC is the piss poor deal negotiated with JWLees when the stand was fitted out, something along the lines of all the beer sold around the ground generates nil income to the club which is probably why it's bottom of the list in priorities at the moment.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd heard part of the problem of putting anything in the OEC is the piss poor deal negotiated with JWLees when the stand was fitted out, something along the lines of all the beer sold around the ground generates nil income to the club which is probably why it's bottom of the list in priorities at the moment.

Everton had a similar problem with changa beer. Id imagine JWLees have an exclusivity deal in the pouring rights which still exists.

8 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Nobody else concerned with the lack/quality of signings from our new owner as the peak of investment is usually after a takeover ?

We had quality and depth last season and got relegated. These players may work better not having massive egos in the changing rooms. 

55 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Nobody else concerned with the lack/quality of signings from our new owner as the peak of investment is usually after a takeover ?

No, the signings all look decent.

A young striker believed to be arriving on loan from the Premiership next week should add a bit of extra quality.

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

No, the signings all look decent.

A young striker believed to be arriving on loan from the Premiership next week should add a bit of extra quality.

Which club?

Have you seen him first hand?

Has he had any professional minutes so far in his career?

1 hour ago, mickjagger said:

I’m delighted about Baxter but it’s a big risk to expect him to pick up where he left off in 2013 considering what has happened since. Given the calibre of player we have already let go, and with Byrne and Gerrard probably on their way, the rest of the recruitment has been nothing short of a disgrace.

10 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I’m delighted about Baxter but it’s a big risk to expect him to pick up where he left off in 2013 considering what has happened since. Given the calibre of player we have already let go, and with Byrne and Gerrard probably on their way, the rest of the recruitment has been nothing short of a disgrace.

I think the recruitment is about all we could have expected for a club in our financial position

21 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Have you been at the Kusunga juice?

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Oh come off it

? Look at the players we’ve lost: Moimbe, Mantack, Banks, Green, Omrani, Wilson, Doyle, Nazon, Holloway, Davies, Pringle, Tope, Paddy Mac, Ryan Mac and Benyu. If the ITK lads are right and we were paying most of Doyle’s wages then that’s well over £25k per week saved in wages and loan fees without mentioning the compensation received for Ryan Mac and fees for Holloway and Davies. We’ve made two good signings in my opinion in Taylor and Baxter but neither will be on big bucks, it’s disappointing. 

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

? Look at the players we’ve lost: Moimbe, Mantack, Banks, Green, Omrani, Wilson, Doyle, Nazon, Holloway, Davies, Pringle, Tope, Paddy Mac, Ryan Mac and Benyu. If the ITK lads are right and we were paying most of Doyle’s wages then that’s well over £25k per week saved in wages and loan fees without mentioning the compensation received for Ryan Mac and fees for Holloway and Davies. We’ve made two good signings in my opinion in Taylor and Baxter but neither will be on big bucks, it’s disappointing. 

But we've lost £600,000 in income from the EFL payments alone.
That's roughly a 25% drop in income itself.

The Doyle's wage I'll leave as it is unknown bar a handful of people.

Archived