Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

28 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Did this ‘substantial’ amount of money ever come through from Dubai?

I know we got relegated but this funding was alluded to after relegation.

We’ve also since trimmed the squad with Davies, Holloway etc moving out and saving their wages plus received undisclosed amounts in return.

We need two decent strikers at very least ... is deadline August 4th?

Loan window end of August.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

We need two decent strikers at very least ... is deadline August 4th?

Deadline is 5pm on Thursday 9 August for permanent signings.

Not sure what time on Friday 31 August for loan signings.

The window also applies to out-of-contract players - can register them up to Friday 31 August.

Can transfer players out at any time if the signing club is in an open transfer window. Fairly sure this includes non-league clubs here.

21 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Looks like Kusungas assertion that we would be at the back of the queue was not without merit.

Someone asked FB and AR about whether clubs would deal with us for loans after our rumoured reticence in paying for them.

They said they weren't aware of what had gone before (they did this on a few matters, clearly untrue but very professional I thought) but that it would be the two of them the clubs would be trusting with their players and that would carry a lot of weight. They only seemed to mention Premier League loans so I got the impression we'd be taking players where we wouldn't necessarily need to pay the parent clubs..

41 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Someone asked FB and AR about whether clubs would deal with us for loans after our rumoured reticence in paying for them.

They said they weren't aware of what had gone before (they did this on a few matters, clearly untrue but very professional I thought) but that it would be the two of them the clubs would be trusting with their players and that would carry a lot of weight. They only seemed to mention Premier League loans so I got the impression we'd be taking players where we wouldn't necessarily need to pay the parent clubs..

Hopefully that is the case.

Bit uneasy at prospect of going into another season where the squad isn't complete and loaning young players can be a bit of a dice roll but we are where we are I guess.

2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Deadline is 5pm on Thursday 9 August for permanent signings.

Not sure what time on Friday 31 August for loan signings.

The window also applies to out-of-contract players - can register them up to Friday 31 August.

Can transfer players out at any time if the signing club is in an open transfer window. Fairly sure this includes non-league clubs here.

Not quite. Players can be signed at any time if released before 31st of August.

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I heard we are talking to a couple of Premiership clubs regarding loanees.

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

Not quite. Players can be signed at any time if released before 31st of August.

Thanks Simpo. I found that bit of the EFL page really confusing, wrongly interpreted it as a deadline.

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

People implying that we can just wait until the end of august and all will be well...

Didnt we do that last season and effectively caused us to go down? 

We definitely didn't go down by the end of August..... :D
7 draws out of the last 8 games means we were 1 goal from staying up through the 6 weeks April to May.

Just now, singe said:

We definitely didn't go down by the end of August..... :D
7 draws out of the last 8 games means we were 1 goal from staying up through the 6 weeks April to May.

Well August definitely set the pace. If it wasn’t for a freak purple patch by wellens we would have been down long before the final game of the season. It’s Shez’s start that crippled us. What was it he said after the Walsall game saying he needed 5 or 6 players? 

Peoples mindset and acceptance of mediocraity is so frustrating. 

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Well that would be a massive favour to them because prem clubs don’t loan out players for free.... 

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Well August definitely set the pace. If it wasn’t for a freak purple patch by wellens we would have been down long before the final game of the season. It’s Shez’s start that crippled us. What was it he said after the Walsall game saying he needed 5 or 6 players? 

Your constant moaning is frustrating for the rest of us. 

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

No idea where you have a clue about my mindset or that I accept mediocrity from my post. You are projecting your believed superiority.

We should have been safe long before, the issue was that Wellens turned out to be a poor manager.

13 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I would suggest you support one of the big boys in Manchester because you are kidding yourself.

I've supported us for over 40 yrs and can guarantee mediocrity is part and parcel of being a latics fan.

We've had good times yes, and it was great but success will be few and far between. Accept it, enjoy being an Oldham fan and what it brings.

It's all hopes and dreams.

28 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

People implying that we can just wait until the end of august and all will be well...

Didnt we do that last season and effectively caused us to go down? 

19 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Err. No. Not at all.

Just because you like to be Mr negativity doesn't mean you are correct in your assertions.

We lost three of our last sixteen games. A losing percentage of 18.75%. That is a better percentage than any of the four teams that finished in the playoffs.

Wellens fucked it by playing players out of position and not pushing on to win games. Nothing to do with August last year.

Even with that said, there were fine margins and hair pulls in the mix. Penalties that should have been and dick head left backs who should have known better.

17 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Whilst agreeing with the first part of your post the fact is that a lot of our fans look back on the pinch me years as the norm, they are not in a  lot of people's eyes. I can understand any younger fans frustration with the way things have gone recently but try to be a little more realistic in your expectations of the club. By all means have ambitions for our club but don't expect them all to be met.

36 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

No one accepts it as such, but it’s just the reality of supporting a skint League 2 football club.

Archived