Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

My understanding was originally we were going to rentbthat top floor out to the hospital which by the looks of it would be their only realistic tennant.

Could involve miracle cures; get better or we'll tip your bed and make you watch this lot again... 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, whittles left foot said:

To think we were once seen to be in with a chance of signing him.

Good luck to him, played really well for us.

If we had the foresight and funding as a club to pick these lads up for 250k to 500k and develop them there is money to be made.

Just shows the likes of Byrne and Co what they are missing out on if they keep their head down and crack on with what they are paid to do instead of behaving like self righteous bellends.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Just shows the likes of Byrne and Co what they are missing out on if they keep their head down and crack on with what they are paid to do instead of behaving like self righteous bellends.

Excellent point... very well made....

17 hours ago, rudemedic said:

15 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Oldham Council agreed to "Pay a capital grant of £700,000 as a contribution to the redevelopment of Boundary Park based on the community work which the club carry out in the Borough."

That figure is very shy of what was actually contributed so i am lead to believe. 

25 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Great move for the lad tbh, done very well for himself. Hopefully Gerrard doesn’t play him as a centre-back, another Wellens howler imo. 

He often played CB at City's academy and said it was a position he was comfortable with.

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

He often played CB at City's academy and said it was a position he was comfortable with.

I never got the hype at centre-back to be honest - one of the strangest obsessions our fanbase has had in recent times. I can’t bring myself to get excited about a lad who made 30 odd appearances in the club’s worst defence in 5 decades.

20 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I never got the hype at centre-back to be honest - one of the strangest obsessions our fanbase has had in recent times. I can’t bring myself to get excited about a lad who made 30 odd appearances in the club’s worst defence in 5 decades.

When we were on our hot streak, he stood out at CB because we were winning, he looked assured bringing the ball out and is obviously a good player technically. Once we started losing, he started to get found out fairly regularly at the back.

Dembele and Édouard would probably enjoy playing against him.

52 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Just because he played in a leaky defence it didnt mske him a bad player. In the same way that just because a team doesnt score many goals doesnt mean every forward is crap.

I thought he looked better at CB than midfield while you could see he was a talented player he looked abit lost playing there to begin with.

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Just because he played in a leaky defence it didnt mske him a bad player. In the same way that just because a team doesnt score many goals doesnt mean every forward is crap.

I thought he looked better at CB than midfield while you could see he was a talented player he looked abit lost playing there to begin with.

Don’t get me wrong he’s a great player technically but I was just never that impressed with the defensive side of his game. Easily replaceable at the back in my opinion.

17 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

...then sublet it?

We, OAFC Ltd,  cannot sublet it. OEC Ltd could but that doesnt bring any more money into the club unless they let it back to us. In which case we pay them rent or reduce the income charged under the lease!    (Please note that  I am speculating that the top floor is included.)

Archived