Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

43 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Are you really at a loss? Can you not comprehend that some fans might be concerned that we’re heading into a new season with our only striker being fifth choice in a relegated team? 

‘Keep the faith’ - eurgh. 

FFS do you ever stop whinging Ryan ! Give it a rest lad or my head will be in the gas oven before a ball is kicked in anger .

No matter what it is there is bugger all you can do to change it , so give us all a break and shut the fuck up moaning !

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, madlatic said:

FFS do you ever stop whinging Ryan ! Give it a rest lad or my head will be in the gas oven before a ball is kicked in anger .

No matter what it is there is bugger all you can do to change it , so give us all a break and shut the fuck up moaning !

OK buddy.

5 hours ago, josh_latics said:

Think Ryan has been quite fair here...

If Byrne is out of the picture, there's a lot of pressure on Jose to create and score everything, after 2-3 years out. Not much going forward at the mo. 

If this is the squad on the 9th of august then Id be concerned however I think it will look a little different in 2 weeks time.

8 hours ago, josh_latics said:

Think Ryan has been quite fair here...

It's the hyperbole.  He described it as a disgrace which is ridiculous.  A bit disappointing but still time might be described as "fair".

58 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's the hyperbole.  He described it as a disgrace which is ridiculous.  A bit disappointing but still time might be described as "fair".

This for me. The exact words were ‘nothing short of a disgrace’.

To be fair, Ryan did modify his comments in subsequent posts but it’s the initial statement that will resonate the most - we all have our opinions and sometimes, perhaps in the heat of the moment, the words come across harsher than intended.

Is it a disgrace? Not for me. Is it a disappointment? Probably. But we are not awash with cash or even an attractive option for ‘big club’ loanees. So we make do with what we can bring in and what we have.

For what it’s worth, I think that FB has gone about his business with a certain aplomb and a quiet dignity. So far so good given what he has at his disposal. Nice one Frankie ?

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere, but I see Alan Howarth isn't  taking pics on match day any more because the club "continues to treat its staff in an indefensible manner". 

Grim. 

Regularly car shared to games with Luke the commercial lad that got sacked.

Would imagine they became friends.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

What happened with Luke?

Got sacked along with Simon Brooke and Simons commercial assistant. 

To be fair if AL thinks the club needs a complete clearout and start again I’m all for it. Club has been stagnant for too long now. I’m gutted for the staff who have lost their jobs but maybe a fresh approach is needed. 

I can understand Alan reacting like that if he has a mate that’s been sacked, but I can’t get to sentimental about anyone who has gone that’s been involved in the admin of this club over the last few years. Shambles.

Cant help felling Alan might feel a little put out by the emergence of the other ‘official’ photographer too?? 

6 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Got sacked along with Simon Brooke and Simons commercial assistant. 

To be fair if AL thinks the club needs a complete clearout and start again I’m all for it. Club has been stagnant for too long now. I’m gutted for the staff who have lost their jobs but maybe a fresh approach is needed. 

I absolutely agree and the website is spookily short of spelling mistakes and bad grammar at first glance since.

my only odd one is Simon Brooke - he’d only just started and seemed to have a good relationship with AL being brought back out of exile by him at board level 

12 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I can understand Alan reacting like that if he has a mate that’s been sacked, but I can’t get to sentimental about anyone who has gone that’s been involved in the admin of this club over the last few years. Shambles.

Cant help felling Alan might feel a little put out by the emergence of the other ‘official’ photographer too?? 

Strange comment given there’s always been two or more of them at a time. Alan wasn’t ‘put off’ when Lee Dickenson was doing it with him.

There’s clearly something wrong behind the scenes at Latics.

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Strange comment given there’s always been two or more of them at a time. Alan wasn’t ‘put off’ when Lee Dickenson was doing it with him.

There’s clearly something wrong behind the scenes at Latics.

Yes.  That’s why AL has sacked them all. 

Just now, Nohairdontcare said:

I'm thinking what's wrong behind the scenes is that Abdallah is barking mad and might not have a clue how to run a football club. 

If he thinks the incumbents are not up to scratch then he is entitled to get rid. Are you saying Latics was run and staffed by amazing individuals over the last 10 years?  All I’ve read on this forum forever is how terrible every aspect of the club was. 

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yes.  That’s why AL has sacked them all. 

You were similarly defensive of Corney. Look how that one turned out. You do realise that the football club and the majority shareholder aren’t synonymous, don’t you? You can love Oldham Athletic without having to defend every bonkers decision that is made at boardroom level.

Archived