Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Or are we back to blaming everything that happens on a wealthy bloke we don’t like.

People have a problem with him because of the way he has run the football club that they care about over the last 12 months. Not because of any personal jealousy.

Whatever we all think, he is the only one who has come forward to invest in the club.  Not sure why any sensible person would invest in a club with huge debts and a fan base of 4000.  However, he has and if he can get the club back on a stable footing, I will be thankful.  He will make mistakes no doubt and get a lot of stick by many on here but he is the only hope at this time.   He gets my support for now.

22 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

No idea. 

Surely you have an opinion? 

You follow the club, you’ve seen what’s gone on. 

I’m not trying to coerce you into saying we’re screwed, but you seem to have some optimism or faith he will come good. 

Is it blind faith? If so, fair enough. 

1 minute ago, underdog said:

out with the old in with the new, getting the club on an even keel financially.

It might not seem much now but the club is in a better place than it was 12 months ago before he took over.

We were in League One 12 months ago 🤔

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

What are these historical things that he is trying to fix? 

Off the top of my head and whats been reported as well

There was the ground keeping contract that came up about May time that had to be settled to the tune of £75K ( i think) and the club still have not had an outcome (if its called that) from the HMRC raid last November.

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

out with the old in with the new, getting the club on an even keel financially.

It might not seem much now but the club is in a better place than it was 12 months ago before he took over.

But stability??  There has been absolutely none of that!  If he is genuine and he wants to get fans onside then he has to be transparent.  I think anyone can understand that the club was in a dreadful state under the previous regime but there have been so many apparently irrational decisions that serious doubt is the only possible reaction.  There is a chance to get people to pull together but the way that it has been gone about so far very definitely is not it and the window where that can happen is a narrow one that is having bars nailed across it just now.

31 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But stability??  There has been absolutely none of that!  If he is genuine and he wants to get fans onside then he has to be transparent.  I think anyone can understand that the club was in a dreadful state under the previous regime but there have been so many apparently irrational decisions that serious doubt is the only possible reaction.  There is a chance to get people to pull together but the way that it has been gone about so far very definitely is not it and the window where that can happen is a narrow one that is having bars nailed across it just now.

We have not had an embargo so far this season (think we had two in already this time last season), as far as I am aware we are paying the loan players parent clubs on time (previous seasons we didn't), we have not been taken to court since May, the right business/people are being paid in the right order (yep agreed about the problems with employees pay a few months ago)

Maybe he doesn't want to air the clubs previous dirty laundry in public, maybe its a case he wants everything bottomed out, drawn a line under where he can then roll out the plan. Don't forget we are not entitled to know everything, it his business at the end of the day, don't forget the HMRC raid has not gone away as well 

i am prepared to give him more time, I agree with Kowenicki,  January will see his 1st year of his tenure, lets see

18 minutes ago, latics22 said:

We only have his word he’s paying these debts, late payment of wages, apparently no one’s pension being paid. That a new one, even corney paid pensions

Would we not have had legal notifications or bailiffs at the door  by now? geniune question

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Would we not have had legal notifications or bailiffs at the door  by now? geniune question

There are so many genuine questions fans have put to the Trust but answering  them seems a whole different ball game, suck it and see approach won't wash for very much longer and the rumblings coming from disgruntled ex employees is rather worrying, I suppose you have to tow the line though or you'll be the next to be not welcomed at the club.

Genuine question - do you think Tony Philliskirk has been treated fairly?

7 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Someone answer me this?

Someone 

Andy. We’re not unique. 

Charlton- can’t remember the owners name, but he was interviewed on talksport and basically he said Charlton was a punt. He had load of other interests and while he felt sympathy for the fans, it was just a business that needed offloading. 

Leyton Orient- Italian owner ‘why would he buy a struggling league one side’ Came in, splashed his cash for 12 months and thought wtf have I done here. 

Port Vale another example. 

Point being, they don’t seek us out in cafe bar in Dubai. We’re not in the local foreign press under ‘great opportunity in the north england’

It’s rich(ish) mates to talking to other mates. It plays to his ego to have a go at running a club. It was well documented when he first took over how much he enjoyed saying he was now the owner. There all the same- throw a few quid at it, realise what’s involved- shit themselves- then survive while playing the PR game. 

Archived