Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

On 10/27/2019 at 12:25 AM, League one forever said:

This ‘agenda’ thing is laughable. It’s all about opinions. Agenda implies manipulation, or people aren’t being honest with their opinion. 

If you believe AL deserves a chance, your opinion is formed around that. 

If you want AL out, then again your opinion is formed around that. 

Both views can be perfectly valid positions to take, and neither constitute an agenda, it’s just how the individual sees things. 

“AgendaLads” most likely attributed to myself. The origin...back in the summer with seeing comments like “Smoke the fucker out” or “Don’t worry, he won’t get to spend the Edmundson money” etc

Also including responses to my posts about “an attempt at a hostile back door takeover” being met with ridicule and mocking yet lo and behold the FLG are somehow claiming to be about to buy shares.

There’s been plenty of manipulation and dishonesty about. From all sides. Usually in the form of omitting the context. A bit like this here with St Johns Ambulance. From an account barely anyone’s ever heard of...yet had it been a pro-AL post from an account barely anyone’s ever heard of, the immediate reply would be “hello Barry”

Manipulation 👍🏻

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

“AgendaLads” most likely attributed to myself. The origin...back in the summer with seeing comments like “Smoke the fucker out” or “Don’t worry, he won’t get to spend the Edmundson money” etc

Also including responses to my posts about “an attempt at a hostile back door takeover” being met with ridicule and mocking yet lo and behold the FLG are somehow claiming to be about to buy shares.

There’s been plenty of manipulation and dishonesty about. From all sides. Usually in the form of omitting the context. A bit like this here with St Johns Ambulance. From an account barely anyone’s ever heard of...yet had it been a pro-AL post from an account barely anyone’s ever heard of, the immediate reply would be “hello Barry”

Manipulation 👍🏻

Rough night bruv?

On 10/27/2019 at 12:25 AM, League one forever said:

This ‘agenda’ thing is laughable. It’s all about opinions. Agenda implies manipulation, or people aren’t being honest with their opinion. 

If you believe AL deserves a chance, your opinion is formed around that. 

If you want AL out, then again your opinion is formed around that. 

Both views can be perfectly valid positions to take, and neither constitute an agenda, it’s just how the individual sees things. 

Is it not that an opinion/viewpoint becomes an agenda (in this context) when new/different information comes to light that should change that opinion but the holder of the opinion refuses to budge?

The facts/truth become unimportant to him/her (if they ever were) and never admitting to having been shown to have been wrong is the be all and end all. 

Like a “conviction politician”. 

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Is it not that an opinion/viewpoint becomes an agenda (in this context) when new/different information comes to light that should change that opinion but the holder of the opinion refuses to budge?

The facts/truth become unimportant to him/her (if they ever were) and never admitting to having been shown to have been wrong is the be all and end all. 

Summed up perfectly 👌 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Yep, and when new/different information comes to light that the owner and his entourage know what they are doing most rational people will give them a fair chance.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Yep, and when new/different information comes to light that the owner and his entourage know what they are doing most rational people will give them a fair chance.

Yep, and when new/different information comes to light that the FLG have got something credible most rational people will give them a chance. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yep, and when new/different information comes to light that the FLG have got something credible most rational people will give them a chance. 

Why do they need anyone to "give them a chance" or otherwise? 

They're looking to do a business deal or two. 

They'll either do those deals or they won't.... 

Talk me through what I'm missing...

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

They don't need a chance yet, they haven't asked for anything and they are not currently running the football club. 

24 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Why do they need anyone to "give them a chance" or otherwise? 

They're looking to do a business deal or two. 

They'll either do those deals or they won't.... 

Talk me through what I'm missing...

😂

Nice try Harry. 

20 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

They don't need a chance yet, they haven't asked for anything and they are not currently running the football club. 

If people who run one of our stands, buy shares in our club, and can’t agree a deal with the current owner on badly needed funds for the club is of no interest to you, or if you want to claim they haven’t ‘asked for anything’ then I give up. 

I’m not willing unlike some to utterly castigate every decision AL makes. 

I’m also not willing to just assume FLG are knights in shining armour who have the keys to the promised land. 

The truth as always is somewhere in between. But as Harry said earlier there are to many ‘conviction politicians.’ People who have formed there view and opinion and wont look beyond it, or even entertain anything to the contrary of their staunch position. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’m not willing unlike some to utterly castigate every decision AL makes. 

I’m also not willing to just assume FLG are knights in shining armour who have the keys to the promised land. 

I think you'll struggle to find many people who do either of those things.  A lot of decisions AL makes are castigated because they're shit decisions.  If he makes more good decisions there'll be less folk complaining. Pretty simple really.

And as for the FLG, people are hopeful that they could be the answer because AL doesn't look like turning things around yet.  Since he's been in charge there has been rapid decline on the pitch and general incompetence off it.

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I think you'll struggle to find many people who do either of those things.  A lot of decisions AL makes are castigated because they're shit decisions.  If he makes more good decisions there'll be less folk complaining. Pretty simple really.

And as for the FLG, people are hopeful that they could be the answer because AL doesn't look like turning things around yet.  Since he's been in charge there has been rapid decline on the pitch and general incompetence off it.

It’s all so simple. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Agree 100% Dave, I am no lover of this current regime but that's because whatever I see in front of my eyes tells me that what they are doing is not right for the good of OAFC - nothing more nothing less. I do not want them to fail, I want them to be a success because, if they are, by definition OAFC should be doing something right. I will happily say I was wrong and give them a FAIRER chance (I already think they have had a fair chance).

I cannot at present see anything right about the club - I don't look too closely either, just what I can see. I do not go along looking for faults but in this case, they are appallingly easy to find  

It's interesting a number of people saying we should not demand to know everything  about AL, are amongst those saying they want to know more about the FLG before supporting them.

Some that want to know the details of FLG backers are quite content to know absolutely nothing of Lemsagams finances, and ask no questions of him.

3 hours ago, singe said:

It's interesting a number of people saying we should not demand to know everything  about AL, are amongst those saying they want to know more about the FLG before supporting them.

Some that want to know the details of FLG backers are quite content to know absolutely nothing of Lemsagams finances, and ask no questions of him.

Been said before... and it was bollocks then too. 

So are you saying it’s fine for them to be unbelievably secretive because AL isn’t 100% transparent too?

Is that your actual stance? Really? 

16 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

So are you saying it’s fine for them to be unbelievably secretive because AL isn’t 100% transparent too?

When they want support they won't get it unless they are open.  I'll wait till then before demanding much from them.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

When they want support they won't get it unless they are open.  I'll wait till then before demanding much from them.

They wanted support by releasing how ‘reasonable’ they were being in the Service level agreement of the North stand. Then club officials on camera (which leaves them open to being sued if there lying) completely refuted what the FLG said. 

The idea that the FLG are some lads in the background with no material effect on the club is bollocks. They are playing in an active role in a reduced budget for the club. 

If we are holding AL to account (rightly) for the shit show he is running. Then other stake holders in the club deserve scrutiny as well. 

Just now, League one forever said:

They wanted support by releasing how ‘reasonable’ they were being in the Service level agreement of the North stand. Then club officials on camera (which leaves them open to being sued if there lying) completely refuted what the FLG said. 

The idea that the FLG are some lads in the background with no material effect on the club is bollocks. They are playing in an active role in a reduced budget for the club. 

If we are holding AL to account (rightly) for the shit show he is running. Then other stake holders in the club deserve scrutiny as well. 

Maybe so but as yet they haven;t demonstrated staggering incompetence.

48 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I'm clearly not saying anything of the sort. They are significantly less secretive than the owner.

I'm comfortable with the level of tranparency so far, and the business need for it. Of course, I want to know and given the initial date of Sept slid to Dec for the takeover of BrassBank I reckon I'll start getting twitchy around Feb time depending on the situation.

I've been very twitchy about the lack of information on our owner for 2 and a half years.

26 minutes ago, League one forever said:

They said a few dodgy things on the night, that's why the video was pulled from YouTube...

26 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You seem to be the only one that heard they completely refuted what he said, yet have not issued any of the points stated. So again, what did they say? What points did they contradict. I'm happy if what they said refutes it, I genuinely could not hear and no where has it been shown. I'm open minded , he may have valid points, I'll concede if they are.

35 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You'd think the owner would be trying much harder to reach an agreement then...

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You'd think the owner would be trying much harder to reach an agreement then...

Yes, he should. Although negotiations are a two way street. The FLG want to make as much money as possible for their landlord. AL wants Some of his investment back. Two vested parties interested in the same pot. 

The only loser is the club. 

40 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

They said a few dodgy things on the night, that's why the video was pulled from YouTube...

Ah ok. Didn’t know that. 

I’d very interested to know what was deemed dodgy, and by whom. If they have made false claims on camera then they even more incompetent than I thought. 

Archived