Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Just listening to Mike Keegan on the Chrons podcast, he said he put in a number of freedom of information requests to Oldham council about the North Stand and the numbers in the FOI don't match what was being said in the fans forum.

<Pretends to be shocked>

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:39 PM, sjk2008 said:

The numbers stack up too if we are to believe that Al paid ~£3m for the Club.

Where's this £3m come from? If he paid that for the Oldham Athletic name, plus loads of debt and no assets, then he is even more dumb than can be imagined.

2 hours ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Just listening to Mike Keegan on the Chrons podcast, he said he put in a number of freedom of information requests to Oldham council about the North Stand and the numbers in the FOI don't match what was being said in the fans forum.

Did he say when he was going to publish said discrepancies or do we still have to wait for the Brassbank Special?

Would be interesting to know the facts without us all having to raise FOI requests.

50 minutes ago, singe said:

<Pretends to be shocked>

Didn’t he have Brassbank as the villains? Aren’t they villains any more then? 

I haven’t listened... Did he elaborate? Has he said whose figures he thought were wrong and why? 

52 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Didn’t he have Brassbank as the villains? Aren’t they villains any more then? 

I haven’t listened... Did he elaborate? Has he said whose figures he thought were wrong and why? 

I suspect that the discrepancies are more related to Brassbank’s involvement and full disclosure with regards transfer of assets.

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Where's this £3m come from? If he paid that for the Oldham Athletic name, plus loads of debt and no assets, then he is even more dumb than can be imagined.

from memory, I think the amount was published in the newspaper on the day we were relegated.

58 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

I suspect that the discrepancies are more related to Brassbank’s involvement and full disclosure with regards transfer of assets.

Yes.  Listened now.  He seems to be implying that all is not well with the history and finances of the stand. So perhaps the club have a point here?  

(that’s my inference 😉)

3 hours ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Did he say when he was going to publish said discrepancies or do we still have to wait for the Brassbank Special?

Hes waiting for chuckle to publish his expose on the trust first 😉

Really enjoyed the podcast. 

Mike Keegan was eloquent and interesting to hear speak. He clearly cares, is a genuine fan, but the fact he fears for the future of the club is another alarm bell ringing. 

Aware he has his critics and don’t understand what’s gone on before, can only take as I find. 

Every Oldham fan should listen to it - especially the Realistic Facebook group!

1 minute ago, Theoutsider said:

Mike Keegan was eloquent and interesting to hear speak. He clearly cares, is a genuine fan, but the fact he fears for the future of the club is another alarm bell ringing. 

Aware he has his critics and don’t understand what’s gone on before, can only take as I find. 

Think mike keegan has been given a really rough ride by Oldham fans myself included. Cares a lot and clearly knows his stuff. Time to maybe listen to him from now on I think. 

8 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

Where can I access the podcast?

9 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Think mike keegan has been given a really rough ride by Oldham fans myself included. Cares a lot and clearly knows his stuff. Time to maybe listen to him from now on I think. 

Don’t know this history so in this context, but I don’t get the criticism. 

I’d like to hear some more of what he has to say. 

34 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Personally I didn’t disagree with anything he said in his article. My only issue was with the timing, that being in the days before the crucial Northampton game, it must have caused further unrest in the camp.

i understand the timing was possibly the only time he’d have got his editor to run a story on Oldham Athletic in a national newspaper though.

58 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

Personally I didn’t disagree with anything he said in his article. My only issue was with the timing, that being in the days before the crucial Northampton game, it must have caused further unrest in the camp.

i understand the timing was possibly the only time he’d have got his editor to run a story on Oldham Athletic in a national newspaper though.

Are you not referring to the Sun article written by Ken Lawrence?

A lot took the clubs side when Mike wrote in 2017 that the club was trying to use Paul Scholes to help sell the club to those Chinese businessmen that were knocking around flagging Corney the advertising boards https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/january/club-statement-/

there was also this article which got plenty of peoples backs up https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5808305/The-story-Oldham-Athletics-financial-troubles-mystifying-transfers-unpaid-wages.html

17 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Yes.  Listened now.  He seems to be implying that all is not well with the history and finances of the stand. So perhaps the club have a point here?  

(that’s my inference 😉)

No way. . . . 

I’m sure the club actually told us all this recently, and some choose to put their fingers in their ears. 🙄

The most relevant comments from Mike Keegan on the clubs immediate future which struck a cord with me, and it could definitely happen, is another relegation.

With this squad, and benefit of hindsight with the way things have been done over the last few seasons, lessons not learned,  nepotism for certain players etc, sometimes bizarre squad selections, manager turnover we are staring the exit door from this league in the face.

That's the best outcome (realistic) I can hope for this season.

Another manager sacking, and no real movement in January player wise and we are gone.

Archived