Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

5 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I was told yesterday by someone affected, that staff and players wages due 1st Nov have not been paid but will probably be paid tomorrow. Cash flow apparently 

Next home game is not until December, cash will definitely be in short supply this month 🤔

Need to win the cup games methinks.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah...nowt to worry about, just get AL to throw another 200k in to the pot and all will be hunky dory😳

With income almost non existent in November I fear the shit is about to seriously hit the fan.

This regime in its short time here has brought just about the biggest drop in attendance, interest, and ambition at the club in living memory. 

I also think with AL at the helm the situation is totally irrecoverable. We are staring into the abyss and personally would prefer he walks away.

We are heading towards administration no doubt so I would rather take a chance on new owners coming in than sit here waiting for the bailiffs!

**********ABDALLAH OUT**********

On 11/1/2019 at 3:37 PM, League one forever said:

They wanted support by releasing how ‘reasonable’ they were being in the Service level agreement of the North stand. Then club officials on camera (which leaves them open to being sued if there lying) completely refuted what the FLG said. 

The idea that the FLG are some lads in the background with no material effect on the club is bollocks. They are playing in an active role in a reduced budget for the club. 

If we are holding AL to account (rightly) for the shit show he is running. Then other stake holders in the club deserve scrutiny as well. 

On 11/1/2019 at 4:04 PM, jorvik_latic said:

They said a few dodgy things on the night, that's why the video was pulled from YouTube...

I'm quietly confident that pulling a video from YouTube doesn't stop anyone being sued. Especially when the video was downloaded and then uploaded by someone else after it was pulled. 

Even if it did anything slanderous could result in litigation anyway, as it was a public event. Nevermind anything criminal. 

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Nah...nowt to worry about, just get AL to throw another 200k in to the pot and all will be hunky dory😳

With income almost non existent in November I fear the shit is about to seriously hit the fan.

This regime in its short time here has brought just about the biggest drop in attendance, interest, and ambition at the club in living memory. 

I also think with AL at the helm the situation is totally irrecoverable. We are staring into the abyss and personally would prefer he walks away.

We are heading towards administration no doubt so I would rather take a chance on new owners coming in than sit here waiting for the bailiffs!

**********ABDALLAH OUT**********

Going into admin. now would almost certainly put us in the Conference next season, and all the ramifications that would bring.

It would indeed but he surely cannot subsidise/loan the club at this rate for too much longer and can’t see why he would want to...

If he were to walk away, then providing we were to get a competent new owner (easier said than done) then I think the home crowds would increase by a substantial amount overnight.

Under this regime I just cannot envisage the lost fans returning anytime soon or even at all!

We are heading for the National League at best with this clown and I would rather he left now. I feel absolutely no connection to my football Club anymore  and AL & Co are wholly responsible for that!!

***********ABDALLAH OUT**********

Cant just be me that's baffled by the recent announcement from the FLG stating they are in the process of purchasing a number of 'A Shares' in our club.

But as its gone quiet and I had a bit of free time I have checked some past accounts filed at Companies House

Our Annual Return, made up to 9th December 2015 shows a statement regarding the 'Full Statement of Shareholders' as listed below:

• Shareholding 1 :   3 ORDINARY B shares held at the date of this return
  • Name:                    OLDHAM ATHLETIC SUPPORTERS FOUNDATION LIMITED
  • Shareholding 2 97 ORDINARY A shares held as at the date of this return
  • Name:                   SIMON CORNEY

This reporting period is well before the purchase of shares owned by Corney by AL and this Annual Return categorically confirms there are only 2 shareholders

Now call me old fashioned but if the Trust has 3% and as confirmed, they have not sold any and AL purchased the 97% off Corney, its impossible is it not that additional legitimate shares in Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd can exist   :detectivegm0:

Time the FLG updated our supporters

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Abdallah could have sold some?

The issue I have with that is shares in our club don't really have any £value other than to control/influence our board and of course as an asset in a transaction in buying the club

Not sure if they would hold water as security for a loan either as AL doesn't own the stadium or the land.

Our shares don't trade on the financial markets like PLC shares

Baffling

23 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Maybe his advisers weren't as duly diligent as they should have been, as might be the case with the lease/council/Lancaster club thing, and didn't spot he was buying 77% rather than 97%.... ??? 

If that were true they would be negligent, not diligent and AL would sue them. As the person carrying out the due diligence sits on the board, AL trusts him, and I don't think for one minute that this is the case.

3 minutes ago, al_bro said:

If that were true they would be negligent, not diligent and AL would sue them. As the person carrying out the due diligence sits on the board, AL trusts him, and I don't think for one minute that this is the case.

Yet we're told there are some extra shares knocking about.... 

On the Companies House website on the 6th March 2018 there is a ‘Statement of capital following an allotment of shares’ on the 24th January 2018, the very same day that AL was appointed as a Director of the Club

Confirms:

97 x A ORDINARY Shares

3. x  B ORDINARY Shares 

Clearly there are no more legitimate shares in Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd than those listed. 

14 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Yes, there are shares available for the FLG to purchase. Abdallah wasn’t as diligent as he should have been!

Are you saying that Corney kept some shares after the sale of the club? BO stated at the forum that AL had 97% of the shares. Was he lying, or didn't he know?

10 minutes ago, tGWB said:

On the Companies House website on the 6th March 2018 there is a ‘Statement of capital following an allotment of shares’ on the 24th January 2018, the very same day that AL was appointed as a Director of the Club

Confirms:

97 x A ORDINARY Shares

3. x  B ORDINARY Shares 

Clearly there are no more legitimate shares in Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd than those listed. 

Is it possible SC sold a controlling % of shares, but kept the rest.  Didn’t he initially stay on as a director?

6 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Is it possible SC sold a controlling % of shares, but kept the rest.  Didn’t he initially stay on as a director?

On the day AL was appointed a Director of the club, the shares in the club was also confirmed

We know AL isn't a genius but am pretty sure he wouldn't have signed off the shares statement if he hadn't got the 97%

26 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If that’s the case then he must have sold some since, who knows who to but it can be the only explanation.

or the FLG haven’t bought any is also an explanation 🤔

4 minutes ago, tGWB said:

On the day AL was appointed a Director of the club, the shares in the club was also confirmed

We know AL isn't a genius but am pretty sure he wouldn't have signed off the shares statement if he hadn't got the 97%

Is it possible that AL sold some shares  at a later date to help his funds ?

36 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Confirms:

97 x A ORDINARY Shares

3. x  B ORDINARY Shares 

Companies House is not a trustworthy record, it's just a filing cabinet. 

Archived