Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, singe said:

Oldham Athletic Football Club PLC was "featured" on p1249 of the 29th Oct 2019 edition of the Gazette from 21st Oct 2019

Not sure why it's still active but has been dormant for 4 years. I don't recognise the Howarth name, but thought it was Chris Moore's old co.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/827524/supplement/1249

I do know about this and I do know the person. 

It is definitively nothing to do with Latics. 

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I do know about this and I do know the person. 

It is definitively nothing to do with Latics. 

Absolutely Dave, but could it be to do with the rumoured winding up order d you think ie confusing the two?

52 minutes ago, singe said:

Oldham Athletic Football Club PLC was "featured" on p1249 of the 29th Oct 2019 edition of the Gazette from 21st Oct 2019

Not sure why it's still active but has been dormant for 4 years. I don't recognise the Howarth name, but thought it was Chris Moore's old co.

I don't think this is us is it?...First of all, its not the clubs current business name/address and secondly it is not the current number of registration of us at CH....see below...Please feel free to tell me if I am wrong..thanks

OLDHAM ATHLETIC FOOTBALL CLUB PLC

04917927 - Incorporated on 1 October 2003

The Counting House, St Mary's Street, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 0EL

We are:

OLDHAM ATHLETIC (2004) ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

04989487 - Incorporated on 9 December 2003

Boundary Park, Furtherwood Road, Oldham, England, OL1 2PA

16 minutes ago, underdog said:

Now I know I am blond but I don't think this is us is it?...First of all, its not the clubs current business name/address and secondly it is not the current number of registration of us at CH....see below...Please feel free to tell me if I am wrong..thanks

OLDHAM ATHLETIC FOOTBALL CLUB PLC

04917927 - Incorporated on 1 October 2003

The Counting House, St Mary's Street, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 0EL

We are:

OLDHAM ATHLETIC (2004) ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

04989487 - Incorporated on 9 December 2003

Boundary Park, Furtherwood Road, Oldham, England, OL1 2PA

Thasnk for thius, I knew the numbers were quite similar.

It's just whether someone has confised the info or not, and assumed that is us.

3 hours ago, singe said:

I'd guess your spot on Singe, makes sense...

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

No, it isnt

We might be at cross purposes here.

When I  first saw that a Winding Up Order was likely be forthcoming in a tweet by Andy Royle, who seemed unrelated to OAFC apart from his surname! I asked his source and bascially he said industry inside info.
It went quiet but gathered momentum, but nothing official ie bascially Companines house or gazette so I qualified till it was oficial.

I then saw this entry in the gazette for OAFC PLC, and wondered if someone (basically Andy Royleunrelated to OAFC had assumed it was OAFC current, epecially at cursory glance they are not too far disimilar.

ie maybe the name was wrog but it was the right Company number.

So seeing PAddy's post put paid to that, it was not a mistake between the name and number, the company in Paddy's post is in the name of the current owner and nothe PLC. And I thought LondonBoy agreed with my hypothesis, but I don't think it is.

So can I check what you mean? It's still not related to Abdallah after all?

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

It'll get paid just in time as usual.

Darren has indicated it will. So we're not 95% debt free and are looking in as parlous financial state as we were 2 1/2 years ago-arguably worse given the position in the league and attendance drop.

54 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You simply can’t go from being completely up to date with all tax payments, as I believe was stated at the fans forum, to a WUP in a few short weeks.  So I can only presume they were lying. 

Correct.It will take months to get to the stage of a winding up order with HMRC. Along the way they will have failed to arrange a payment plan to catch up on arrears. Having said that I am told that HMRC in recent years have been taking a more active and agressive stance with football clubs.

16 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Correct.It will take months to get to the stage of a winding up order with HMRC. Along the way they will have failed to arrange a payment plan to catch up on arrears. Having said that I am told that HMRC in recent years have been taking a more active and agressive stance with football clubs.

That is true I think... but 3 weeks!?  It surely can’t be in relation to late PAYE due on 19th October, so must be from prior months.  i.e. before the fan forum. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

You simply can’t go from being completely up to date with all tax payments, as I believe was stated at the fans forum, to a WUP in a few short weeks.  So I can only presume they were lying. 

That's fans forum eh.

brenda-from-bristol.gif

5 hours ago, singe said:

We might be at cross purposes here.

When I  first saw that a Winding Up Order was likely be forthcoming in a tweet by Andy Royle, who seemed unrelated to OAFC apart from his surname! I asked his source and bascially he said industry inside info.
It went quiet but gathered momentum, but nothing official ie bascially Companines house or gazette so I qualified till it was oficial.

I then saw this entry in the gazette for OAFC PLC, and wondered if someone (basically Andy Royleunrelated to OAFC had assumed it was OAFC current, epecially at cursory glance they are not too far disimilar.

ie maybe the name was wrog but it was the right Company number.

So seeing PAddy's post put paid to that, it was not a mistake between the name and number, the company in Paddy's post is in the name of the current owner and nothe PLC. And I thought LondonBoy agreed with my hypothesis, but I don't think it is.

So can I check what you mean? It's still not related to Abdallah after all?

Probably crossed wires. I'm referring to the Oxford addressed company. I know what it and that it isn't and never has been anything to do with Latics. 

10 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Probably crossed wires. I'm referring to the Oxford addressed company. I know what it and that it isn't and never has been anything to do with Latics. 

Cheers Dave. Appreciate the info about the PLC Co. I was under misapprehension it was. Moore's Co. Ta. 

Archived