Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Ah ok. Didn’t know that. 

I’d very interested to know what was deemed dodgy, and by whom. If they have made false claims on camera then they even more incompetent than I thought. 

Saying they tapped up Maamria in the summer wasn't the sharpest move!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, singe said:

HMRC winding up order potentially imminent. 

6 weeks to pay. 

Guy has no Connection with us as far as I can see.

1 tweet so far, proof is in the pudding. 

Once you get to a WUP being served on a company, there isn’t generally timescale to pay (certainly not 6 weeks)... that process has already been exhausted hence the WUP.  

If no response to WUP within 7 days it is then public domain as it hits the Gazette so others can piggy back it. 

That is my understanding of the process. 

So either he’s confusing a WUP with a simple final demand or the story is a little muddled in the detail.  The 6 week thing is silly in this context. 

If we had a WUP served on Tuesday then we have until late next week (not 6 weeks) before it’s in the Gazette, and then the WUP process continues with a court date being set.  

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

Ah ok. Didn’t know that. 

I’d very interested to know what was deemed dodgy, and by whom. If they have made false claims on camera then they even more incompetent than I thought. 

Tapping up Maamria. 

Adam saying that Barry wasn’t part of the investigation into the North Stand even though Barry had just said that he was at the meeting with the council that day discussing the investigation. 

Barry stating that the board were knowingly trading insolvently under Corney. That’s a big no no. 

That’s just 3.

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

If we are about to get another WUP then it’s close to curtains I think.  I’m not buying cash-flow issues at this stage. 

FLG will need to step out of the shadows with some cash and ideas. 

Silly. It might be for a quid. 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Ah ok. Didn’t know that. 

Adam Morallee claimed he had only heard of Lancaster Club the previous week despite being around for 2.5 years including purchase and  him doing Due Dilligence of the club was not credible.

1 minute ago, singe said:

Adam Morallee claimed he had only heard of Lancaster Club the previous week despite being around for 2.5 years including purchase and  him doing Due Dilligence of the club was not credible.

Yep, I didn’t believe that either. 

57 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Tapping up Maamria. 

Adam saying that Barry wasn’t part of the investigation into the North Stand even though Barry had just said that he was at the meeting with the council that day discussing the investigation. 

Barry staying that the board were knowingly trading insolvently under Corney. That’s a big no no. 

That’s just 3.

Do you know or have you heard if what the accountant claimed about the service agreement was false? 

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

Barry stating that the board were knowingly trading insolvently under Corney. That’s a big no no. 

How the hell the fella is still on the board beats me.  I did like the bit on the forum where someone said that as Corney had his pants down why should we believe the current regime wouldn't be able to do likewise.

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

If we are about to get another WUP then it’s close to curtains I think.  I’m not buying cash-flow issues at this stage. 

FLG will need to step out of the shadows with some cash and ideas. 

WTF? The current owner needs to pony up the cash (and buck up his ideas). Either that or change his 'not for sale' stance.

4 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

WTF? The current owner needs to pony up the cash (and buck up his ideas). Either that or change his 'not for sale' stance.

Perhaps he’s had enough and/or is, as many have said, skint. 

...or the WUP story is horse shit. 

We’ll know by Wednesday. 

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Perhaps he’s had enough and/or is, as many have said, skint. 

...or the WUP story is horse shit. 

We’ll know by Wednesday. 

We signed a player two weeks ago. Do you do that if you can’t pay the basics? Also, there has been no leaks of unpaid wages. 

As you say, we’ll know by Wednesday. 

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

We signed a player two weeks ago. Do you do that if you can’t pay the basics? Also, there has been no leaks of unpaid wages. 

Just because hes paying the wages (as far as we know) doesn't mean that hes paying other bills which could themselves bring about a winding up petition.

It does seem strange to sign a player then a couple of weeks later have a winding up petition but try explaining anything this idiot does.

Will see how this turns out.

12 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

did you deliberately misinterpret my message. 

I’m not asking them to bail him out... obviously. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

did you deliberately misinterpret my message. 

I’m not asking them to bail him out... obviously. 

It's just a strange first thought to have - WUP served (possibly); FLG need to do something!

4 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

It's just a strange first thought to have - WUP served (possibly); FLG need to do something!

It has been reported that they are in negotiations to acquire shares in the club.

Depending on the amount of shares (not stated in the report) and that they do acquire them,  it will give them Shareholders rights as per the companies act 2006. Off the top of my head that is.

Edit: This is the bit that has me interested if it is 10% or more shares.

• To have the company’s accounts audited (section 476) – a request must be made during the financial year in question and more than one month before the year end

18 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Tapping up Maamria. 

That’s just 3.

I think I did do a sharp intake of breath down yours and Latics and Englands ear's when we heard the "insolvency" bit...I forget to say sorry if I burst your ear drums and all..yikes

2 hours ago, underdog said:

It has been reported that they are in negotiations to acquire shares in the club.

Depending on the amount of shares (not stated in the report) and that they do acquire them,  it will give them Shareholders rights as per the companies act 2006. Off the top of my head that is.

Edit: This is the bit that has me interested if it is 10% or more shares.

• To have the company’s accounts audited (section 476) – a request must be made during the financial year in question and more than one month before the year end

Can’t see it being close to 10% given the seller

On 11/2/2019 at 2:02 AM, League one forever said:

I was told yesterday by someone affected, that staff and players wages due 1st Nov have not been paid but will probably be paid tomorrow. Cash flow apparently 

Archived