Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Sjk2008 Triggered 😂😂😂

'Triggered'

Your use of this Twitter-obsessed word surprises me - thought you'd have filed it under 'childish vocabulary I refuse to get on board with' along with 'banter'.

I don’t care if he’s going so long as someone with some credibility and cash is there to step up.

It would be nice if for once in the history of our club (since ‘pinch me’) we had someone with a combination of common sense, ambition and cash, with no attached agenda around property or any other self interest.   Not too much to ask is it. 

3 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

Just see on Twitter a Dutch consortium interested to buy us lock stock and barrel!!! Land club the lot !

Sounds double dutch to me.

More chance a new sponsor being Hollands pies.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

I don’t care if he’s going so long as someone with some credibility and cash is there to step up.

It would be nice if for once in the history of our club (since ‘pinch me’) we had someone with a combination of common sense, ambition and cash, with no attached agenda around property or any other self interest.   Not too much to ask is it. 

You want someone to stump up and risk multi millions with no self interest? 

How and why would someone do that? 

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

They can profit if they run it well.  I don’t want the starting point to be driven by that self interest.  i.e. land sales being required to even begin being able to run the club and getting a mate to build on said land. 

13 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I want the self interest to be 

‘I’m willing to put multi millions in sensibly and with good governance (I’ve already sacked Barry) because I want to enjoy the ride. I know full well that there’s a very good chance I won’t see my investment again, or if I do it will take a long time. I won’t sell anything I can when 12 months in, I realise how expensive running a football club is.’ I understand there are far better ways to make money, than buy a small community football club. 

Corney was lucky to find one fool to part with his money on a lower league club, so not sure where the next one is coming from! It’s not like there is a queue of charitable millionaires heading down Sheepfoot Lane in our direction. Why would a Dutch consortium part with its hard earned wonga. I’d love it to happen but I’m sceptical, plus AL would want his money back no doubt.

I spoke to someone about four weeks ago who’s involved with one of four clubs who had been in talks with the consortium including Bergkamp, Kuyt and Larsson.  His club was told that 2-3 years ago members of that consortium had similar talks with three other English clubs before looking abroad.  This consortium also includes Kluivert, a football agent called Rob Jansen, Ronald Koeman as a consultant and, this is where it got interesting,  Clarence Seedorf.

They claimed that they spoke with one L1 club at the start of the 2017/18 season.  Apparently the consortium walked away when they discovered that another interested party had already begun funding the club!  Too many coincidences especially as Seedorf was linked to our managers job in September 2017 having been spotted the club?  

Admittedly I should have posted this sooner but I’ve been busy with other commitments and to be frank, I’m really apathetic about the club at moment so haven’t frequented this site as much as would normally.  

However, when I saw this rumour earlier today on social media linking us to a Dutch consortium, I spoke again with this bloke.  He told me that they are still actively looking to buy a club at L1/L2 level and it wouldn’t surprise him if they’ve approached our club again.

He believes Oldham would definitely be on their radar because it’s common knowledge that our owner is desperate to sell (his words not mine) so they’d achieve a decent purchase price and they saw massive potential with us (I’m scratching my head with that comment) along with other clubs at L1 and L2 level.  They have the funds but want to reduce the long-term reliance of them bankrolling the club through off-field activities and they’re passionate to create a community environment.  This has been the stumbling block with other clubs because they want to buy the stadium too but they’ve found stadium ownership is complex at our level.  Now I’m no conspiracy theorist but their plan is similar to the OEC/FLG model!

He reckons that this consortium is that ambitious that they were looking to be owning a club by January 31st (that was September but before closure of transfer window?) or at very least “their manager” installed before that date whilst the sale is completed/passed by EFL.

Here’s hoping.....

Archived