Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well its now sorted thankfully but lets face it you don't start issuing winding up petitions willy nilly. The tax man a d your staff are most important bills they must be paid on time their are no excuses not too.

Or it could have just been an actual error.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

There can be no element of"error" HMRC send letters, phone up , then visit the premises before it gets anywhere near a Winding up Order. This is clearly negligence and/or inability to pay.

Whilst agree with your sentiment, that is simply not true.  They will possibly do that but not for firms that have a history of ‘offences’.  They have zero tolerance with a lot of football clubs now.  Miss that 19th PAYE payment and within a few days they will just seek the order. They’ve lost patience and I don’t blame them. 

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Whilst agree with your sentiment, that is simply not true.  They will possibly do that but not for firms that have a history of ‘offences’.  They have zero tolerance with a lot of football clubs now.  Miss that 19th PAYE payment and within a few days they will just seek the order. They’ve lost patience and I don’t blame them. 

Minor correction - the club have until 22nd to pay it if they use online banking

On 11/30/2019 at 10:14 AM, kowenicki said:

If this is the case and I am in no way doubting the statement, it is surprising that only 3 clubs to my knowledge have received a WUP petition from HMRC since the expulsion of Bury. 

Southend, Macclesfield and now ourselves. Slightly worrying company to keep in my opinion as both look in severe financial difficulty.

3 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

If this is the case and I am in no way doubting the statement, it is surprising that only 3 clubs to my knowledge have received a WUP petition from HMRC since the expulsion of Bury. 

Southend, Macclesfield and now ourselves. Slightly worrying company to keep in my opinion as both look in severe financial difficulty.

Did the club actually receive a WUP though? HMRC have stated that it shouldn't have appeared in The Gazette.

2 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Did the club actually receive a WUP though? HMRC have stated that it shouldn't have appeared in The Gazette.

I am led to believe they did yes and Darren (Trust Rep) advised that the payment was "a few days late" 

It was then agreed that it would be paid so wouldn't be published in the Gazette but then appeared in there. 

Should that be true, no doubt to disbelieve it then it needs to be reviewed by the Club and ensure that it does not happen again or become a regular occurrence once more

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, pk200 said:

What is the significance of this in reality ?

Well known trick to delay accounts by up to 3 months. Can do it more than once too. (The club has done it in the past also and people on here got a bit animated about it).  

s442 Companies Act 2006:

If the relevant accounting reference period is treated as shortened by virtue of a notice given by the company under section 392 (alteration of accounting
reference date), the period is—
(a) that applicable in accordance with the above provisions, or
(b) three months from the date of the notice under that section,
whichever last expires.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Well known trick to delay accounts by up to 3 months. Can do it more than once too. (The club has done it in the past also and people on here got a bit animated about it).  

s442 Companies Act 2006:

If the relevant accounting reference period is treated as shortened by virtue of a notice given by the company under section 392 (alteration of accounting
reference date), the period is—
(a) that applicable in accordance with the above provisions, or
(b) three months from the date of the notice under that section,
whichever last expires.

Thanx for your explanation.

11 hours ago, kowenicki said:

OEC and Brassbank have just shortened their accounting period by one day. 

Delaying tactic. 

Moore, Blitz, Gazal, Corney, Lemsagam. They’re all motivated to put themselves first. The club is secondary. I long for the day an owner or owners make decisions placing the club 1st.

5 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Moore, Blitz, Gazal, Corney, Lemsagam. They’re all motivated to put themselves first. The club is secondary. I long for the day an owner or owners make decisions placing the club 1st.

Not sure such a person exists (or ever has existed) at any club. Jack Walker, maybe..

Even Ian Stott voted for the formation of the Premier League and came up with the Manchester North End idea, neither of which particularly had Latics at heart.

49 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Not sure such a person exists (or ever has existed) at any club. Jack Walker, maybe..

Even Ian Stott voted for the formation of the Premier League and came up with the Manchester North End idea, neither of which particularly had Latics at heart.

@HarryBosch, @maddog & @deyres42 are gonna bust a blood vessel when I say this.... but fk em..... I raise you Andy Holt of Accy. I thank you.

50 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Id also throw in the owners of Rochdale and Burnley.

How long have Burnley's owners been there (can't be arsed looking it up..)? 

Fair enough if they've been there from the Fourth Division days, but it's hard to judge if they'd really "put the club first" when they're raking in £200 million a year from the Premiership TV deal.

11 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Fair enough if they've been there from the Fourth Division days, but it's hard to judge if they'd really "put the club first" when they're raking in £200 million a year from the Premiership TV deal.

Dunno, bu they're sh1t hot.... when you bear in mind these fookers were in the 4th division when we were in the 1st.....

....their highest paid director earns £0 PA. I wonder how much Mo earns for the great job he's doing?

http://priceoffootball.com/burnley-your-names-not-down-youre-not-coming-in/

11 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Many years they all local men who don't draw a salary they didn't just rock up once they got to the PL. Yes they are taking £200mill in tv money but they have got their through strategy rather than spending power.

19 hours ago, kowenicki said:

OEC and Brassbank have just shortened their accounting period by one day. 

Delaying tactic. 

Probably.

I don't see the point in doing this tbh. They have to produce the accounts sometime, why delay, unless they can't be bothered to get them done on time.

18 hours ago, JoeP said:

Top, top evolving of Pawel’s Law..... 

Archived