Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

14 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

The issue for us has been that Blitz/Gazal stripped the land from the club / wanted too much for the land for any prospective buyer. Anyone prepared to buy the badge had to be filthily wealthy and/or have a structured medium/long term plan to make the club competitive again.... or else they were incompetent, unintelligent dreamers. It quickly became clear to me what we had on our hands. I never believed Corney saying, "I'll only sell to the right person", the right person was the one who would pay him the most for something that was worthless. It was almost inevitable they were going to be incompetent, unintelligent dreamers. While all along, Blitz/Gazal sit there with their appreciating asset. Absolute c%#ts. All of them. The sooner we're rid of the lot of them, Blitz, Gazal, Marco & Mo, the better..... and Barry can f@5k off n'all....

Would you accept a Management Buy Out with Barry Owen at the helm after he had done his Due Diligence?  

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

The issue for us has been that Blitz/Gazal stripped the land from the club / wanted too much for the land for any prospective buyer. Anyone prepared to buy the badge had to be filthily wealthy and/or have a structured medium/long term plan to make the club competitive again.... or else they were incompetent, unintelligent dreamers. It quickly became clear to me what we had on our hands. I never believed Corney saying, "I'll only sell to the right person", the right person was the one who would pay him the most for something that was worthless. It was almost inevitable they were going to be incompetent, unintelligent dreamers. While all along, Blitz/Gazal sit there with their appreciating asset. Absolute c%#ts. All of them. The sooner we're rid of the lot of them, Blitz, Gazal, Marco & Mo, the better..... and Barry can f@5k off n'all....

There are issues at many clubs albeit knowing what we do about Latics makes ours a lot more complex than most granted.

That said, if somebody came in to own the Footballing side of things and entered in discussions/negotiations with the FLG/Brassbank/OEC and could develop a healthy working relationship, there shouldn't be a reason why this Club cannot be run efficiently and relatively successfully.

The fact remains at this current time, our current ownership has no intention of working towards improving a relationship and for that reason alone (but along with many, many others) is a major part in Oldham Athletic suffering. 

As people know, I am one of Push The Boundary and what we have asked is for direct dialogue with the owner in order to try to effect positive change. Sadly, at this moment in time, that does not seem forthcoming and is a frustration shared amongst the support that the Club isn't trying to rebuild relationships and get things right. 

The disconnect is majorly apparent and the Club, however they do it need to arrest this slide quickly and efficiently.

1 hour ago, Macca said:

If there was people interested in buying Bury and Bolton over the summer and Macclesfield currently there'll be people wanting to buy Oldham. Didn't someone contact Abdallah a few months ago seeing if he would sell the club and Abdallah refused?

'buying' Bury... you mean taking on the debts for free.  Did they do so in the end?

Bolton has a huge asset and a decent and relatively loyal fanbase, totally different.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Agreed.... which makes @Frankies6's assertion that they [the FLG] can't 'buy' it, a nonsense..... buying it isn't the issue, running it is. Rochdale & Accrington do alright. There is no reason why we can't be well run and live within our means, esp if he land/ground is reunited with the club from the clutches of the asset strippers. It just takes a competent businessman/woman who places the interests of Oldham Athletic first, to lead us..... something we haven't enjoyed for a very very long time.

It depends really if they can take on the liabilities of the club and how big those liabilities are. I imagine Mr Lemsagam will want some of his Directors loans back that could well be a major sticking point.

42 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

There are issues at many clubs albeit knowing what we do about Latics makes ours a lot more complex than most granted.

That said, if somebody came in to own the Footballing side of things and entered in discussions/negotiations with the FLG/Brassbank/OEC and could develop a healthy working relationship, there shouldn't be a reason why this Club cannot be run efficiently and relatively successfully.

Cant agree fully.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Agreed.... which makes @Frankies6's assertion that they [the FLG] can't 'buy' it, a nonsense..... buying it isn't the issue, running it is. Rochdale & Accrington do alright. There is no reason why we can't be well run and live within our means, esp if he land/ground is reunited with the club from the clutches of the asset strippers. It just takes a competent businessman/woman who places the interests of Oldham Athletic first, to lead us..... something we haven't enjoyed for a very very long time.

100%.  They need to be under common ownership for any proper progress imo.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

It depends really if they can take on the liabilities of the club and how big those liabilities are. I imagine Mr Lemsagam will want some of his Directors loans back that could well be a major sticking point.

Well,  if they are buying it for a pound and are taking on the liabilities then that's a given...  directors loans are liabilities.

30 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Well,  if they are buying it for a pound and are taking on the liabilities then that's a given...  directors loans are liabilities.

Yeah I know but their is different types of debt as I'm sure you know. Mr Blitz' directors loans appear to be somewhat dormant, whereas Lemsagam might want his back straight away. If not all of them at once then maybe some of them atleast if he were to sell the club.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Cant agree fully.

What part can you not agree on in respect of that comment? A good, healthy working relationship with the Landlords would surely provide you with the best chance of any potential income stream? The use of the hospitality boxes, a share of the takings in the OEC and a possibility of a Fans Bar (if you believe that is the next step of the FLG's plans)

To be perfectly honest, to run Oldham Athletic to a sustainable level could well be done in the current situation, however, it would require major fundamental changes which I do not see forthcoming under the current regime. 

If you're tight on the monetary side of things, cut your cloth accordingly. Instead of building a squad of players who are unknown in the country and ones that would require relocation packages on top, simply build a young, hungry, domestic based side which would keep costs to a minimum. 

Instead of building a squad of 30+ players, have a squad of 16/18 players which collectively have the same budget or lower but possess more quality. 

Make sure you maintain healthy working relationships with Clubs who could do you a favour or two in the loan market. Leicester, Wigan, Bournemouth and Villa must have been impressed with how we developed their loanees. Use that as your pitch to get better quality loan signings once more to bolster a small squad that has been assembled. 

Be active in and around the community. I've seen a number of things from OACT going into schools, this is great but get onto local businesses, see what you can offer them to attract them to Oldham Athletic once more. Likelihood is that they would be chomping at the bit if provided with the correct care and attention for their sponsorship. This was evident when I attended Curzon Ashton v York on Saturday. 

Plenty of things that have gone amiss at Oldham Athletic and ones that have been neglected even further since the current regime has been in office.

2 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

What part can you not agree on in respect of that comment? A good, healthy working relationship with the Landlords would surely provide you with the best chance of any potential income stream? The use of the hospitality boxes, a share of the takings in the OEC and a possibility of a Fans Bar (if you believe that is the next step of the FLG's plans)

To be perfectly honest, to run Oldham Athletic to a sustainable level could well be done in the current situation, however, it would require major fundamental changes which I do not see forthcoming under the current regime. 

If you're tight on the monetary side of things, cut your cloth accordingly. Instead of building a squad of players who are unknown in the country and ones that would require relocation packages on top, simply build a young, hungry, domestic based side which would keep costs to a minimum. 

Instead of building a squad of 30+ players, have a squad of 16/18 players which collectively have the same budget or lower but possess more quality. 

Make sure you maintain healthy working relationships with Clubs who could do you a favour or two in the loan market. Leicester, Wigan, Bournemouth and Villa must have been impressed with how we developed their loanees. Use that as your pitch to get better quality loan signings once more to bolster a small squad that has been assembled. 

Be active in and around the community. I've seen a number of things from OACT going into schools, this is great but get onto local businesses, see what you can offer them to attract them to Oldham Athletic once more. Likelihood is that they would be chomping at the bit if provided with the correct care and attention for their sponsorship. This was evident when I attended Curzon Ashton v York on Saturday. 

Plenty of things that have gone amiss at Oldham Athletic and ones that have been neglected even further since the current regime has been in office.

I'm not disagreeing that a good working relationship is essential.... for now and the short term. 

But for the long term, we need common ownership of ground and club... without it there will be trouble again in the future.  Just my opinion.

13 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Just like most clubs then really

Based on absolutely nothing then really.

Feeling better for that wonderfully positive comment? Are you Barry in disguise, by any chance?

Good to see that @unsworthlatic has handed you your arse on a plate. Without hope and optimism we might as well give up. Unless you enjoy wallowing in gloom, that is.

25 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I'm not disagreeing that a good working relationship is essential.... for now and the short term. 

But for the long term, we need common ownership of ground and club... without it there will be trouble again in the future.  Just my opinion.

As frightening as a statement as this is, I agree with Kow. :wink:

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

'buying' Bury... you mean taking on the debts for free.  Did they do so in the end?

Bolton has a huge asset and a decent and relatively loyal fanbase, totally different.

'buying Bury' they didn't in the end due to the ground being mortgaged to the hilt and complication of who actually owned the ground at this point. There were however 7 interested parties (confirmed to us by the MP James Frith and by Forever Bury Committee Member)

Taking on debts for free...yes and wouldn't we be in a similar situation to that? Once more there is no concrete evidence that the debt levels have decreased under the current ownership and it is totally unclear as to what has been put in and what it has been placed as (presumably Director's Loan Account) 

Bolton isn't too different, their main issue was the split Administration of the Club and the Hotel. Buying one without the other would not have been beneficial.

Why would somebody want Macclesfield? What about the others mentioned?

Plenty out there, 99% of them better than what we are currently experiencing i'd wager too.

30 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

The fact that AL purchased the club without the land tells us all we need to know about his motives....I don’t think there’s any chance of a future takeover unless the stadium and land is part of the deal.

I’m really glad in hindsight that AL just owns the badge, if he owned the lot I think we would be in a far worse situation and the chances of getting him out would be a lot more difficult!

*********ABDALLAH OUT*********

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Frankies6 said there wouldn't be a queue of investors lining up to buy us, I was just stating that these clubs had or have people trying to take them on. While every club is different I'd suggest that there would be people that would want to buy us.

7 hours ago, Witty said:

What is everyone hoping for / expecting with the prospect of something happening tomorrow?

The Lemmys know a protest is planned for the Leyton Orient game on the 7th I expect them to play their joker which they intend will create a smokescreen.

Or more than likely nothing will happen tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, No Pyro No Party said:

The usual clowns on Twitter shouting about a groundshare with Rochdale. When did our rumours become so mediocre?

That would be a really far fetched stupid brain dead illogical thing to do which would alienate more fans just to prove a point to the FLG.

So thats exactly what he will do :)

Archived