Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprisingly interesting and informative vlog this, from an unexpected supporter (I confess I've not idea who he is)
So near, yet so far.
IIRC it was you that placed an advert in the Times @Dave_Og if it was, it gets a mention, were you aware of other interest generated from it?

19 minutes ago, singe said:

Surprisingly interesting and informative vlog this, from an unexpected supporter (I confess I've not idea who he is)
So near, yet so far.
IIRC it was you that placed an advert in the Times @Dave_Og if it was, it gets a mention, were you aware of other interest generated from it?

I saw this last week and it’s a good watch.

At first, I went cold when he mentioned his “Scandinavian consortium” as it was fake Norwegians who built up our hopes when we were in Admin post-Chris Moore but then I realised that he was gazumped by the Torex crook which was part of the timeline.

I’m not sure of his net worth, nor those of his associates (he has links with a Russian oil and gas Company), but it’s nice to dream of what may have happened under the stewardship of someone with links to Oldham and a fan (albeit second team) of Latics.

2 hours ago, singe said:

So near, yet so far.

It would be stretching to say I placed the advert but I had a small role in things then. I was thinking that the vlog would end with him saying he'd got the consortium back together... 

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It would be stretching to say I placed the advert but I had a small role in things then. I was thinking that the vlog would end with him saying he'd got the consortium back together... 

I was really hoping that too.

My recollection was that the club was not really involved advert, & predominatly SAFE, or did the club have more involvement than I  recall?

12 minutes ago, singe said:

I was really hoping that too.

My recollection was that the club was not really involved advert, & predominatly SAFE, or did the club have more involvement than I  recall?

It wasn't SAFE's to sell

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, singe said:

Hope so, but he can clearly own more than one club. If he has the funds.

Feeder club? just being a devil here.

DMaarms is pretty accurate with this kind of stuff and its about now that the Al should be thrashing it out with Blitz about buying the ground too....hmmmm

50 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Big Al supposed to be on his way according to a few rumours time will tell. Wonder if that’s why it’s been quiet on the transfer front to date. 

I'm getting my name down for a season ticket sharpish if this is correct............the waiting list will be massive. 

1 hour ago, Fervid said:

Big Al supposed to be on his way according to a few rumours time will tell. Wonder if that’s why it’s been quiet on the transfer front to date. 

If that's the case, and we can only hope it is, will it signal the end for Detective Redfleece? Now that would be win, win. 

3 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

If that's the case, and we can only hope it is, will it signal the end for Detective Redfleece? Now that would be win, win. 

That will be a winner....marching all together.

21 hours ago, hollandspies said:

It’s no wonder Dino’s Q&A with us was cancelled, and still remains unscheduled.......

He has to get permission from AL anyway before he can appear. I wondered why there were so few interviews with players the last couple of seasons.

27 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'd be amazed if he has just done one. I am sure he will be back soon and the club will be saying how committed he is. The gaffer certainly has no idea when he is coming back...

Can't imagine anyone overseas flying into Oldham just now

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 5:58 PM, Bristolatic said:

The only constant throughout our decline over the last couple of decades

Cant think of any other business that would keep a board member that has worked under different regimes whilst the business has continued to fail 

Archived