Ex players and that

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Wouldn't say pointless, think it was an outlet for them to do something together and have some fun with it.

Too much pride and money invested to bail out now.

But surely at some point they'll tire of paying inflated wages to lower league journeymen just to hae a tilt at the L2 play offs?

Would be interesting to know the relative playing budgets of Wrexham and Salford. Wrexham were rumoured to be paying silly money to Ben Foster, players like James McLean and Steven Fletcher won't come cheap either and that's on top of Mullin, Ollie Palmer, Elliot Lee, Tozer, Hayden, Forde.... 

2 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

But surely at some point they'll tire of paying inflated wages to lower league journeymen just to hae a tilt at the L2 play offs?

Would be interesting to know the relative playing budgets of Wrexham and Salford. Wrexham were rumoured to be paying silly money to Ben Foster, players like James McLean and Steven Fletcher won't come cheap either and that's on top of Mullin, Ollie Palmer, Elliot Lee, Tozer, Hayden, Forde.... 

Peter Lim is the major shareholder so presumably the main money man, pocket money for a billionaire.

7 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

Just think they'll get bored rather than run out of money.

It's a depressing soulless shithole at the best of times, they'll get bored soon enough but love the fact that Neville can't see further than the end of his big fat conk when criticising what's going on at Old Trafford when much of the problems Salford are having and the poor decisions being made are largely his doing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It's a depressing soulless shithole at the best of times, they'll get bored soon enough but love the fact that Neville can't see further than the end of his big fat conk when criticising what's going on at Old Trafford when much of the problems Salford are having and the poor decisions being made are largely his doing.

Gets me every time. He bangs on about how football should have this independent regulator and that owners should be fit and proper. Yet the owners of Salford lose £40k ish a week ?

Cheers Nev. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Gets me every time. He bangs on about how football should have this independent regulator and that owners should be fit and proper. Yet the owners of Salford lose £40k ish a week ?

Cheers Nev. 

Don't see why they shouldn't be able to lose it if they've got it to lose.

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Don't see why they shouldn't be able to lose it if they've got it to lose.

Because do you not think it adds to the wider issue around football ? On one hand he argues about this financial stability whilst running a club above its means. Hypocrite. 

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Because do you not think it adds to the wider issue around football ? On one hand he argues about this financial stability whilst running a club above its means. Hypocrite. 

Eh? That's some cage rattle there. I've long since argued that owners should be free to spend whatever they like as long as they put a bond in place that would prevent the need for a fire sale if they lost interest and walked away. Struggling to see anything hypocritical about that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Eh? That's some cage rattle there. I've long since argued that owners should be free to spend whatever they like as long as they put a bond in place that would prevent the need for a fire sale if they lost interest and walked away. Struggling to see anything hypocritical about that.

Whilst those owners continue to spend what they want, every club should pray a million/billionaire comes along to save them when it goes tits up. 

I don’t believe a club that sits on an estate in Salford should be losing that amount of money on a weekly basis. It’s baffling.

I like all that he does outside of football, but on football matters, I find it hard to get behind him.  

5 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Whilst those owners continue to spend what they want, every club should pray a million/billionaire comes along to save them when it goes tits up. 

I don’t believe a club that sits on an estate in Salford should be losing that amount of money on a weekly basis. It’s baffling.

I like all that he does outside of football, but on football matters, I find it hard to get behind him.  

It's their money, they can do what they want with it

• Like 2

Dont for the life of me understand why they bought Salford . They would have been better of buying Bury at the time , or even us. Anyways I expect them to get bored with it soon ,and Lim will start looking for a bigger fish to fry. From a footballing perspective they have miserably under achieved given the money spent on players during their time in league 1.

3 hours ago, penrhyn said:

Dont for the life of me understand why they bought Salford . They would have been better of buying Bury at the time , or even us. Anyways I expect them to get bored with it soon ,and Lim will start looking for a bigger fish to fry. From a footballing perspective they have miserably under achieved given the money spent on players during their time in league 1.

In his book he says the web of debts at Bury made it impossible to buy.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, penrhyn said:

League 2

• Like 2

And that..Girona are level on points at the top of La Liga with Real Madrid, while we are in non league.

Doesn't seem that long ago we gave them a good game in a friendly at Boundary Park.

It shows how quickly things can change in football.

Hopefully, we can soon rise again like them.

14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

And that..Girona are level on points at the top of La Liga with Real Madrid, while we are in non league.

Doesn't seem that long ago we gave them a good game in a friendly at Boundary Park.

It shows how quickly things can change in football.

Hopefully, we can soon rise again like them.

citeh own girona its a disgrace 🤬

Visca Barça ✊🏻

On 1/2/2024 at 11:00 AM, Hemel latic said:

not many journeymen there really

Latest cracker from Rick Holden on facebook.

”Interested in the opinion of assessing
 what's going on at Oldham!  Losing  to Hendon?????
I know Micky Mellon very well- was at Blackpool with him!
He will get there but will be probably be a bit perplexed about the number of players on big wages but not good enough!
Got  to be a big clear out!
Owner not helping as brilliant as he's been bailing the club out-rowing across the Atlantic- what is up with him?
Should be concreting on the club not flapping about in the sea!”

I know he’s a club legend and all that, and the 1st half of his post is spot on, but what a strange thing to complain about in his 2nd half of the post. Vast majority calling him out for it, which is good, but very bizarre indeed.

48 minutes ago, daniel said:

He will get there but will be probably be a bit perplexed about the number of players on big wages but not good enough!
Owner not helping as brilliant as he's been bailing the club out-rowing across the Atlantic- what is up with him?

I know he’s a club legend and all that, and the 1st half of his post is spot on, but what a strange thing to complain about in his 2nd half of the post. Vast majority calling him out for it, which is good, but very bizarre indeed.

He'd fit in quite well on here!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, daniel said:

He'd probably do a job in our midfield still, it's about as dysfunctional as Rick's private life.