Ex players and that

Jordan Lyden is at Hereford now.

Luke Burgess at Southport with Danny Philliskirk there on loan too.

Southport are away to Ben Tollitt’s Chester and Peter Clarke’s Warrington Town in the next couple of months.

Dean Furman is caretaker at Warrington Rylands.

Callum Dolan has actually been catching at Fleetwood in the last few months. 

1 hour ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Southport are away to Ben Tollitt’s Chester and Peter Clarke’s Warrington Town in the next couple of months.

Totally forgot about burgess

4 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Renshaw the young keeper who left us to go to Everton is also at Southport.

Richie Bennett, Oldham lad is there as well.

4 hours ago, LaticMark said:

. . . and this what we mean when we say a 'wand of a left foot'.

Was this the Port Vale game when Adrian Littlejohn assaulted Pogs?

Cost us promotion that.

1 hour ago, philsalt said:

Junior Luamba signs two year contract extension at Salford 

Just reinforces for me that the toxic atmosphere during the Lemsagam era with 11 managers in 4 years was in no way the right environment in which any of the the club’s youngsters could possibly progress!

Hopefully, academy players like Moore, Atherton & Forshaw will prosper under a settled coaching staff and proper ownership!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Just reinforces for me that the toxic atmosphere during the Lemsagam era with 11 managers in 4 years was in no way the right environment in which any of the the club’s youngsters could possibly progress!

Hopefully, academy players like Moore, Atherton & Forshaw will prosper under a settled coaching staff and proper ownership!

Luamba has worked hard for this. Extra private sessions outside of both clubs and found a club who was clearly willing to give him a chance. Under Unsworth he looked lost playing up top and his confidence quickly disappeared after some early promise. 

10 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

2 hours ago, philsalt said:

Luamba has worked hard for this. Extra private sessions outside of both clubs and found a club who was clearly willing to give him a chance. Under Unsworth he looked lost playing up top and his confidence quickly disappeared after some early promise. 

It seems weird saying something positive about the Ringley brothers and DU. 

But the thing that stopped Luamba from progressing at us wasn't anything to do with the owners, culture or manager. It was his physiology.

He was forever getting injured and he was more prone to the sort of injuries he got, hamstring / calf, due to his physiology. We wanted to sign him on but he was unwilling to sign but that means we should get compensation and Salford giving him a new contract now may be related.

1 hour ago, Ackey said:

Not a subject I'll be very voluble or controversial about given I work for what is essentially an Israeli firm but I do like a good dose of irony and I reckon the Rochdale by-election pretty much redefined it.  

So, the Labour Party has had all sorts of problems with anti-semitism (I'm naive; until that popped into view a few years ago I was unfamiliar with the subject from a left-wing perspective) and clearly hasn't rooted the issue out yet based on the comments of their erstwhile candidate.  But the Moslem community are clearly a significant bloc in local politics there and Galloway won the seat by, in large part, playing to them.  Who knows, maybe there was broad agreement with the Labour candidate's public view?  

Whatever the truth of that and whatever other factors may or may not be involved it absolutely needs rooting out wherever it shows its face.

And that's it from me on politics!

6 hours ago, Ackey said:

Baffles me stuff like that. I genuinely have no idea how anyone can take an antisemitic stance on things or have that viewpoint. Absolutely mind boggling. The Jews are running the world! Mental problems