Ex players and that

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Tollitt scores for Chester, John Rooney hat trick for Macclesfield.

I've seen Rooney a couple of times live in the past few weeks and he's gave more goals away than he's help create, particularly against the mighty Radcliffe he was shite and outplayed by a certain Nicky Adam's, add to that he's a bad egg. Personally I think we came out on top shifting him on.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BP1960 said:

John Rooney hat trick for Macclesfield.

Let's put it into perspective here. Macc are two levels below us. The level we're at now is dreadful enough. You're essentially a similar grade to park football there. 

Absolutely show pony him and  we should have been embarrassed to try and build a team around him last season.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Let's put it into perspective here. Macc are two levels below us. The level we're at now is dreadful enough. You're essentially a similar grade to park football there. 

Absolutely show pony him and  we should have been embarrassed to try and build a team around him last season.

He’s a dick, so don’t get me wrong.

But I think you are being a bit harsh considering he’s won POTS in this league twice. 

Doesn’t make up for being a twat mind. 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

But I think you are being a bit harsh considering he’s won POTS in this league twice. 

Apparently,  Peter Clarke put him in his place for his un professional behaviour towards other team members.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Yeah perhaps. He clearly had the Billy big bollocks attitude about him and was sussed out and then canned, even by DU. The Turkey-teethed twat.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly
  • Like 2

Junior Luamba continuing to start regularly for Salford alongside Matt Smith & McAleny. Don’t think he’s scored yet, but wasn’t expecting him to play a level above when we binned him off.

Anyone wish we’d kept him on to play & develop in the NL?

1 hour ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Junior Luamba continuing to start regularly for Salford alongside Matt Smith & McAleny. Don’t think he’s scored yet, but wasn’t expecting him to play a level above when we binned him off.

we tried

18 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Yeah perhaps. He clearly had the Billy big bollocks attitude about him and was sussed out and then canned, even by DU. The Turkey-teethed twat.

I couldn't stand him. Never forgave him for trying to lob the keeper from the halfway line when we playing atrociously away at Alty. And the keeper was stood on his goal line 🤦‍♂️

His talent was so far below his ego 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I couldn't stand him. Never forgave him for trying to lob the keeper from the halfway line when we playing atrociously away at Alty. And the keeper was stood on his goal line 🤦‍♂️

His talent was so far below his ego 

Do you know him then?, that's quite the opposite opinion to the one I have of him.

Any kid whose left this club in the last decade goes with my best wishes, up to and including Unsworth we've had a succession of managers who've played absolute cranks and borrowed other teams untried youngsters in favour of throwing 'one of our own' in. 

Most players don't show their best until they reach their twenties but many are wrote off here in their teens given little opportunity, it doesn't surprise me at all that some of these players go on and do just fine higher up the pyramid the EFL is littered with ex players deemed surplus. 

With regards to Junior he was raw but the best memories I have of him were winners at Scunthorpe and Sutton on two good days out following Latics in what were pretty dark times. He along with others who have moved on goes with my best wishes.

• Like 1

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Do you know him then?, that's quite the opposite opinion to the one I have of him.

Any kid whose left this club in the last decade goes with my best wishes, up to and including Unsworth we've had a succession of managers who've played absolute cranks and borrowed other teams untried youngsters in favour of throwing 'one of our own' in. 

Most players don't show their best until they reach their twenties but many are wrote off here in their teens given little opportunity, it doesn't surprise me at all that some of these players go on and do just fine higher up the pyramid the EFL is littered with ex players deemed surplus. 

With regards to Junior he was raw but the best memories I have of him were winners at Scunthorpe and Sutton on two good days out following Latics in what were pretty dark times. He along with others who have moved on goes with my best wishes.

He was talking about Rooney wasn't he?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yeah we're in the same pilates class

Also I was talking about Rooney

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Yes 🙈 I'll leave it up for the comedy value 😂

😄 

It's a tough one with Luamba, I think he was given plenty of opportunities and never really did himself justice. But in his defence he was coming through in, to put it lightly, a rocky period for the club, under a succession of managers, and was in and out of the team. Ultimately i think the move was best for everyone and I really hope he goes on to have a good career 

9 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

No

The fact that we’ve had 30 managerial appointments since 2004 hasn’t exactly helped the development of young players & the period post Corney has been a total piss boil!

I’m pretty sure under our new ownership things can only get better.

I think it’s likely the likes of Luamba, Simms & Vaughan would still have been here under a more settled coaching environment.

Fighting for league survival during two relegations and coming on for 10 minutes here and there when we’re chasing the game is definitely a pressure young players can do without!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

😄 

It's a tough one with Luamba, I think he was given plenty of opportunities and never really did himself justice. But in his defence he was coming through in, to put it lightly, a rocky period for the club, under a succession of managers, and was in and out of the team. Ultimately i think the move was best for everyone and I really hope he goes on to have a good career 

Let's be honest, he was pretty rubbish whenever he played for us... Good luck to the lad - hope he does well. But not many of us were shedding a tear when he left.