Ex players and that

1 hour ago, mickjagger said:

Oh dear we need to get personal why cant people just have a difference of opinion so childish , so Al signed him not to play i dont think so, if you ask me was Placide one of the factors in us being relegated my answer would be 100 % yes.

Well he also signed Omrani and Maouche who both hardly kicked a ball for us.

13 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Isn't that what we've done? A 55 year old with 25 years coaching experience in his first permanent management role. 

Indeed so next few weeks will be intriguing as to player recruitment team formation etc etc because with Al's interference last season  it got us relegated  hopefully we can steady the ship and not do an Orient, cannot see any quick fixes hopefully the new owner has a workable sustainable plan going forward KTF.

12 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Oh dear we need to get personal why cant people just have a difference of opinion so childish , so Al signed him not to play i dont think so, if you ask me was Placide one of the factors in us being relegated my answer would be 100 % yes.

Another debate is how much should the owner be choosing players if it is weighted to to much should we not employ a good coach as apposed to a manager? 

He didn't force him to play him. He let him have the option. He chose to play two inferior players to make a point, this helped contribute to our relegation. Not sure your going to be able to comprehend this from previous posts.

I am not saying JP was brilliant. Just stating an OWTB fact that he is and always will be better than the two dopes Shez picked.

1 minute ago, Clifford said:

He didn't force him to play him. He let him have the option. He chose to play two inferior players to make a point, this helped contribute to our relegation. Not sure your going to be able to comprehend this from previous posts.

I am not saying JP was brilliant. Just stating an OWTB fact that he is and always will be better than the two dopes Shez picked.

Exactly my point Shez playing donkeys rather than the keeper Al brought in to prove a point which he knew could get him the sack, alarm bells were ringing then in hindsight in terms of player recruitment owner interference etc etc which Shez obviously thought was a recipe for disaster ultimately leading to him getting the sack, one can only hope lesson have been learned KTF

20 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Indeed so next few weeks will be intriguing as to player recruitment team formation etc etc because with Al's interference last season  it got us relegated  hopefully we can steady the ship and not do an Orient, cannot see any quick fixes hopefully the new owner has a workable sustainable plan going forward KTF.

I can’t see Bunn or Rhodes sticking around for long if AL does dictate to them who they must play.

1 minute ago, johnafoafc said:

I can’t see Bunn or Rhodes sticking around for long if AL does dictate to them who they must play.

Rookie managers tolerate it more and are great full to get the opportunity Robinson Dunne Wellens, experienced managers would be less accommodating, i hope you are right  .

12 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Name me one player who played for us this season that wasn't one of the factors though lol

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Edmundson, he was class, much improved 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Last min penalty at Fleetwood. Cost us 2 points. Would have seen us safe.

Point being everyone contributed to it. 

Hamer - did nothing wrong and definitely not one of the factors?

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Edmundson, he was class, much improved 

He has improved but if you saw class I think you're watching a very different game to me.

Plenty of mistakes but he is learning and can get better.

5 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Much better than his brother MC but he was caught out of position a few times in his early games. Has the makings of a good pro when he inevitably learns and if supporters cut him the slack his youth warrants.

At least he wears his heart on his sleeve and will only keep improving with game time

Just now, Smiler13 said:

At least he wears his heart on his sleeve and will only keep improving with game time

Agree. Was interesting to see that he and Edmondson showed plenty of heart when playing, in contrast to their more senior peers, who didn't look as if they could be arsed half of the time. 

20 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Agree. Was interesting to see that he and Edmondson showed plenty of heart when playing, in contrast to their more senior peers, who didn't look as if they could be arsed half of the time. 

Yes I know what you mean. That's why I would play both of them this season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Much better than his brother MC but he was caught out of position a few times in his early games. Has the makings of a good pro when he inevitably learns and if supporters cut him the slack his youth warrants.

Agreed. No way Tom should take the rap.

6 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Not quite as good as his sister Lily , who’s living in Norway 

12 hours ago, stevesidg said:

Not quite as good as his sister Lily , who’s living in Norway 

I know he's young and learning, and will make mistakes.  But it bothers me how eager some Latics fans are to insult our own players.

Sledge Hamer? Why don't they call his name?

Sledge Hamer? This can be their testimony.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

I know he's young and learning, and will make mistakes.  But it bothers me how eager some Latics fans are to insult our own players.

Sledge Hamer? Why don't they call his name?

Sledge Hamer? This can be their testimony.

There can be no doubt about it. 

SLEDGE! 

Putting it in capitals makes it more sledge. 

Thanks for putting that song in my head for the rest of the day...