Ex players and that

That is silly, silly money. They have to take that. We could be on for some serious profits tomorrow...

The list of strikers who have come nowhere near to their potential at BP is getting more illustrious by the year. I fear Murphy will be the next name added. It's great getting sell-on fees but it'd be far more satisfying to have them score goals here.

That is silly, silly money. They have to take that. We could be on for some serious profits tomorrow...

The list of strikers who have come nowhere near to their potential at BP is getting more illustrious by the year. I fear Murphy will be the next name added. It's great getting sell-on fees but it'd be far more satisfying to have them score goals here.

It really is a graveyeard.

I think many get their heads turned and want to go for the lure of some easy money. It is the disadvantage of going for drop outs.

Mind you we have been too eager to sell. Hopefuly, after this year quoted and the New Stand starts paying its way, that pressure recedes.

I don't nknow how we get players that want to stay and achieve things. Maybe Shez being happier here will stabilise things.

It really is a graveyeard.

I think many get their heads turned and want to go for the lure of some easy money. It is the disadvantage of going for drop outs.

Mind you we have been too eager to sell. Hopefuly, after this year quoted and the New Stand starts paying its way, that pressure recedes.

I don't nknow how we get players that want to stay and achieve things. Maybe Shez being happier here will stabilise things.

We won't ever until we have new owners. No player who wants to achieve something in their career is going to come anywhere near us.

We won't ever until we have new owners. No player who wants to achieve something in their career is going to come anywhere near us.

Plenty of players have come to Oldham and it has had a very positive effect on their careers. If you wish to bash Corney in every thread make sure you dont post rubbish to back it up ;)

I think the fact they don't play for us any longer proves it totally.

If you expect us to be selling players for a few million a time I suspect that you are following the wrong club.

Its a stepping stone and potential players will see it as such

Edited by ChaddySmoker

no it doesnt!

They played for Oldham while Corney was here and have both achieved things in their career, by that they moved up a level and are now being touted for multi million pound moves. Oldham Athletic helped them to achieve this. Players & clubs will looks at us a good option to improve them

no it doesnt!

They played for Oldham while Corney was here and have both achieved things in their career, by that they moved up a level and are now being touted for multi million pound moves. Oldham Athletic helped them to achieve this. Players & clubs will looks at us a good option to improve them

That's kindof my point. Tarky left us for a club in the same division, JCH went to Rotherham, a club who didn't play in their home town for years yet both Brentford and Rotherham were viewed as a step up. The days when we had any ambition other than bobbing along in League 1 are long gone.

That's kindof my point. Tarky left us for a club in the same division, JCH went to Rotherham, a club who didn't play in their home town for years yet both Brentford and Rotherham were viewed as a step up. The days when we had any ambition other than bobbing along in League 1 are long gone.

Brentford were top of the league and promotion was pretty much nailed on after the previos season

Rotherham despite the past had a brand new stadium and a finacial backer and where in the Championship

both teams are now playing championship football. its a step up and Oldham Athletic helped them in the process, thats just the way it is!

we are league 1 and I hope to be next season. we improve players and we have a good reputation for it. Corney has backed that so your original point is rubbish

Edited by palmer1

I think that the current interest in Tarky & JCH disproves that theory

Plenty of players have come to Oldham and it has had a very positive effect on their careers. If you wish to bash Corney in every thread make sure you dont post rubbish to back it up ;)

Actually it more or less completely disproves it.

Come to Oldham so you won't always have to play for a club like Oldham?

I'm struggling to understand the relevance of this bit...

Lol my point was that not too long ago there is no way that Rotherham would be viewed as a step up, players went there to die. Which is exactly the kind of club we have now become under Corney.

I see!

I had visions of JCH's response to a potentially lucrative move to the Championship being "Ah yes, but more importantly, are they not temporarily based away from their home town? It's a no from me."

Lol my point was that not too long ago there is no way that Rotherham would be viewed as a step up, players went there to die. Which is exactly the kind of club we have now become under Corney.

I struggle with this kind of logic, at least based on the current table.

Rotherham and Brentford are Championship clubs - we are a league one club. History is pretty irrelevant in football terms - you sign for a club based on where they are at the time. When players like Sean McCarthy signed for us back in the early nineties - where they signing for little Oldham who were a bottom half of the Second division team for the previous 20 years? Or did they sign for what we were at the time - a top flight team?

There are plenty of clubs above us in the structure that 10 years ago you wouldn't have predicted - and there are a few with us or even below us, that the same would apply to.

Edited by Scapegoat