Ex players and that

When he was here, he was playing in a team where no-one wanted the ball (in contrast with the players he'll be playing with in Swansea's u21s). He's a good player, just one that we'd never have got to see the best of in a team lacking any confidence for one reason or another.

When he was here, he was playing in a team where no-one wanted the ball (in contrast with the players he'll be playing with in Swansea's u21s). He's a good player, just one that we'd never have got to see the best of in a team lacking any confidence for one reason or another.

Definitely

He might be one of them that is OK at a higher level. He did nothing to make me dislike him here but he'll be one of them that you'll ask around the table for his name in 4 years when he crops up in a random conversation.

What about refusing to get cup tied and :censored:ting out of challenges? And being largely :censored:e?

What about refusing to get cup tied and :censored:ting out of challenges? And being largely :censored:e?

Fair point about the cup tie thing if that's right. The challenges thing applies to lots of players who are OK at higher levels. Personally I do like to see opposition players getting kicked into the stands but it's not what they are taught to do.

Yep.

I'm not sure about this Cup tie thing, its just Latics fans wanting to moan because he did what may have been possibley the best option for him and his career & not what suited them....see any player booed when they left!

Results of said games aside if his only opportunity to impress his manager at Swansea was in the FA Cup then why play for us & take that opportunity away. He wasn't our player anyway. He obviously saw more for himself that a relegation battle at Latics.

Edited by palmer1

I'm not sure about this Cup tie thing, its just Latics fans wanting to moan because he did what may have been possibley the best option for him and his career & not what suited them....see any player booed when they left!

I can't believe I'm seeing you defend this.

Your agenda against your fellow supporters is staggering.

I think he is right. Why should a one month young loan player hinder his chances at his club for the sake of a 31 day spell up north in division three.

I think he is right. Why should a one month young loan player hinder his chances at his club for the sake of a 31 day spell up north in division three.

I can understand the lad's rationale, however I also understand why fans would be angry about another mercenary walking in and back out the door at their own leisure...

To act as though it's Latics fans just wanting a moan is ridiculous.

I can understand the lad's rationale, however I also understand why fans would be angry about another mercenary walking in and back out the door at their own leisure...

To act as though it's Latics fans just wanting a moan is ridiculous.

:censored: getting angry about one of swanseas reserves. Far more choice of subjects to rouse that emotion.

Lol So what's my agenda & what do I gain from it?

I try to look at things in black & white not just blue...

Maybe I'm sick of Latics fans in general moaning at every little thing. He did right for himself and if you can't see that then maybe your blinkered biased view that every footballer who puts on a blue shirt should therefore make every decision in favour of this club isn't realistic.

Remember the lad has turned out for Swansea this season in the Cup and in the league so maybe he made the right decision? But then again even though everybody posted how :censored: he was for us alot, he didnt want to stay....BOOOOOOO!!!!

Maybe I'm sick of Latics fans in general moaning at every little thing. He did right for himself and if you can't see that then maybe your blinkered biased view that every footballer who puts on a blue shirt should therefore make every decision in favour of this club isn't realistic.

Remember the lad has turned out for Swansea this season in the Cup and in the league so maybe he made the right decision? But then again even though everybody posted how :censored: he was for us alot, he didnt want to stay....BOOOOOOO!!!!

You may look at the grey areas in those circumstances but you only see fans in the black and white sense.

Either you're moaning or you're supporting. It doesn't work like that...

It's funny how you can't see that it would make fans a tad annoyed that we're in a situation where a player refuses to play for us, even if fans understand the situation the player faces. Personally I think there's no excuse - once a player signs the contract to join us for that month, year or three years, you should be committed to the shirt. I understand it, but I don't have to like it. But no, you're either a happy clapper or a moaner...

You may look at the grey areas in those circumstances but you only see fans in the black and white sense.

It's funny how you can't see that it would make fans a tad annoyed that we're in a situation where a player refuses to play for us, even if fans understand the situation the player faces. Personally I think there's no excuse - once a player signs the contract to join us for that month, year or three years, you should be committed to the shirt. I understand it, but I don't have to like it. But no, you're either a happy clapper or a moaner...

Ive been a supporter for over 30 years you will find I'm neither a happy clapper or a moaner. I'm both! I tend to judge situations as they arise.

That contract that the player signed should mean he should be committed to the shirt & from what I saw he was even though his form was a little up & down. What did that contract say about the FA Cup by the way?

Personally any player who would jump to play for us in the FA Cup when they had a chance to do just that with their Premier League side should be committed because they must be :censored:in crazy.

If he had sign a 3 year contract or even a 1 year loan you are correct he should play in the Cup :) he didn't though did?

Its a problem with loan players-they arent ours except temporarily. It may become more of a problem in years to come if the quotas per club are increased

Ive been a supporter for over 30 years you will find I'm neither a happy clapper or a moaner. I'm both! I tend to judge situations as they arise.

That contract that the player signed should mean he should be committed to the shirt & from what I saw he was even though his form was a little up & down. What did that contract say about the FA Cup by the way?

Personally any player who would jump to play for us in the FA Cup when they had a chance to do just that with their Premier League side should be committed because they must be :censored:in crazy.

If he had sign a 3 year contract or even a 1 year loan you are correct he should play in the Cup :) he didn't though did?

If that's what the contract said then so be it but the word 'refuse' makes it sound bad. If he did refuse when asked then I take no pity because you know what you were signing up for and you should honour the contract. I'm not arsed about Fulton particularly but this is in a general sense - it's not the first or the last time this will happen to Latics or any other FL club.

And I'm not questioning yours or anybody else's support...

Clubs often make it a condition of a loan.

I could understand a player (eg, Yeates) on a temporary deal not wanting to be cup tied if he was hoping for/expecting to need a move to a club at a similar level.

Dunn said Fulton didn't want to be cup tied (Dunn didn't seem to think there was much wrong with that, which said a lot about Dunn in my eyes).

Swansea didn't stipulate he didn't get cup tied as far as we know (not least because they felt there was :censored:s chance of them letting him anywhere near an FA Cup match).

What must his Latics team mates have thought of him not wanting to help them in a match that could make a massive difference to their season?

Oh, and he never did play in the FA Cup for Swansea.

Maybe I'm sick of Latics fans in general moaning at every little thing. He did right for himself

Did he?

Coming on at Arsenal was his first and only involvement for Swansea since leaving us.

You could argue he could have been in the shop window by playing for Oldham in the FA Cup meaning he might have attracted interest from a bigger club than us (smaller than Swansea) that might have wanted him to be an integral part of their team.

Not to mention marking himself out as a bit of a wrong un in the little village that is football?

You're defending the indefensible for some reason :lol:

Just checking Wiki and it says Danny Philliskirk has scored 4 times in 8 games for Blackpool. Is that right?

Just checking Wiki and it says Danny Philliskirk has scored 4 times in 8 games for Blackpool. Is that right?

No. According to the Blackpool FC official site he's played 11 times and scored four