Ex players and that

I struggle with this kind of logic, at least based on the current table.

Rotherham and Brentford are Championship clubs - we are a league one club. History is pretty irrelevant in football terms - you sign for a club based on where they are at the time. When players like Sean McCarthy signed for us back in the early nineties - where they signing for little Oldham who were a bottom half of the Second division team for the previous 20 years? Or did they sign for what we were at the time - a top flight team?

There are plenty of clubs above us in the structure that 10 years ago you wouldn't have predicted - and there are a few with us or even below us, that the same would apply to.

Exactly. If you go off history, we are a bottom of League 2 side scraping to avoid Re-Election.

Exactly. If you go off history, we are a bottom of League 2 side scraping to avoid Re-Election.

Or a side which missed out on the Premier League title by one point?

I agree it's where a club is now that matters, which is why it's criminal that under Corney's tenure we've trodden water at best while watching clubs no bigger than us whizz by.

I agree it's where a club is now that matters, which is why it's criminal that under Corney's tenure we've trodden water at best while watching clubs no bigger than us whizz by.

And clubs bigger than us or equivelant fall below. (Tit for tat)

With Portsmouth, Stockport, Tranmere, Rushden & Diamonds, Wycombe Wanderers and others going the wrong way.

I am struggling. Struggling to find a subject about which, in your eyes, SC is not to blame. If you changed tack for a while, you might gain some credence. Until then, please find something to be happy about.

It's not criminal, it's all we had. We can be jealous of those who had money and went forward (for all the good that will achieve) such as Doncaster, and Rotherham. Or we can apprecaite we did not go the way of Stockport and Tranmere.

If we'd had someone who was willing to plough money in, then they would have.

We operate at a significant loss almost every season. Money has not been thrown away like at Blackpool and to a lesser extent Bolton. If I were a fan of those team, I'd be really frustrated that the sums spent have not enabled at the very least Champsionship stability. The same could be said of Crewe too.

It's just the real world.

I am struggling. Struggling to find a subject about which, in your eyes, SC is not to blame. If you changed tack for a while, you might gain some credence. Until then, please find something to be happy about.

That's because in my eyes Corney and Blitz are to blame entirely for what we have become, a shadow of the club we once were with no ambition and suffering a slow painful death while they make a healthy profit from us in the process. Sorry if that's negative but it's how I truly feel.

I'm happy about lots of other things not latics related though :)

That's because in my eyes Corney and Blitz are to blame entirely for what we have become, a shadow of the club we once were :)

Do you forget what the club looked like right before TTA? I'd rather be where we are now than what we were facing.

That's because in my eyes Corney and Blitz are to blame entirely for what we have become, a shadow of the club we once were with no ambition and suffering a slow painful death while they make a healthy profit from us in the process. Sorry if that's negative but it's how I truly feel.

I'm happy about lots of other things not latics related though :)

If you think for one second that anyone makes a healthy profit from a League 1 football club with average attendances barely scraping 4,500 then you are seriously misguided. I would love to see some "healthy profit" figures to back up your theory. Love it, just love it. Oh :censored:, I've come over all Keeganesque.

Edited by Bristolatic

If you think for one second that anyone makes a healthy profit from a League 1 football club with average attendances barely scraping 4,500 then you are seriously misguided. I would love to see some "healthy profit" figures to back up your theory. Love it, just love it. Oh :censored:, I've come over all Keeganesque.

We made £400k last season didn't we?

It's not criminal, it's all we had. We can be jealous of those who had money and went forward (for all the good that will achieve) such as Doncaster, and Rotherham. Or we can apprecaite we did not go the way of Stockport and Tranmere.

If we'd had someone who was willing to plough money in, then they would have.

We operate at a significant loss almost every season. Money has not been thrown away like at Blackpool and to a lesser extent Bolton. If I were a fan of those team, I'd be really frustrated that the sums spent have not enabled at the very least Champsionship stability. The same could be said of Crewe too.

It's just the real world.

We've done :censored: all for the God knows how many years TTA have now been involved. We haven't left this division (yet). Yet, in the process, the club now apparently has a £6-9m debt hanging around its neck, whilst TTA continue to make money from housing developments, car parks and events.

I struggle to see why fans shoud commend them on that.

6,500 when they took over