Ex players and that

Matt Palmer out of favour again at Burton due to a disciplinary issue and out of contract at the end of the season.

I’m sure some championship clubs will be after him and alsoas he’s under 24 a tribunal would set a compensation amount.

However I would love to see him and Byrne in the same team!

17 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Matt Palmer out of favour again at Burton due to a disciplinary issue and out of contract at the end of the season.

I’m sure some championship clubs will be after him and alsoas he’s under 24 a tribunal would set a compensation amount.

However I would love to see him and Byrne in the same team!

Fane holding, Pringle left, Palmer right and Byrne central would be some midfield at our level.

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Palmer is not a winger...

Who said he was a winger?

He played on the right for us in his loan spell, granted he was a better player played more centrally but he played on the right of a midfield three, do teams still play wingers anymore? If they do its normally either side of a striker in a front three which isn't what I suggested. 

Agree. He’s a very interesting follow on social media - inspiring, motivating and sharing his knowledge... his thoughts on recruitment/employment, the books he reads, the methods he uses. 

Also, to sack off his playing career to focus on this must show how driven he is.

8 hours ago, MAC0AFC said:

Yep, Dieng a class CB at this level. 

If you ignore him constantly being caught out of position.

It's a wonder he hasn't played any games at centre half for Bradford?

He was an ok centre back & an ok midfielder....nothing more.

32 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Be interested to know how you would rate Dieng against Fane?

I love Fane!

He has a non stop engine & wins enough tackles for 2 midfielders. He is rapidly improving his distribution & is still learning. He has far more chance of playing at higher level than Dieng which he will if he keeps working at it.

I liked Dieng but always thought he was pretty average. Never got the love in especially as a centre half. He was constantly out of position which the he recovered most times but he couldn't do that at the level above were many tipped he was going. I said rhe same about Kieron Lee as a right full back & took loads of flack for that.

Just my opinion....i was right on both occasions though ? Lee proved his class in the position we should have played him in.(typical latics!)

Thanks for the reply.

Find this really interesting as I have the opposite opinion to you. Cannot understand the love for Fane hence the question-one of the least skilled players I have had the pleasure of watching in a Latics shirt. I would take Dieng every day of the week in front of Fane, thought it was a shocking decision allowing him to leave after offering him a poor new contract. He gave us cover at both centre half and midfield and had looked at the time as though he could play at a higher level.

Hey Ho not after a bust up just interested in your thoughts, its a discussion board (sometimes) after all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Thanks for the reply.

Find this really interesting as I have the opposite opinion to you. Cannot understand the love for Fane hence the question-one of the least skilled players I have had the pleasure of watching in a Latics shirt. I would take Dieng every day of the week in front of Fane, thought it was a shocking decision allowing him to leave after offering him a poor new contract. He gave us cover at both centre half and midfield and had looked at the time as though he could play at a higher level.

Hey Ho not after a bust up just interested in your thoughts, its a discussion board (sometimes) after all.

Absolutely everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Possibly one thing that can harm a player is that they can play more than one position especially at Latics, see Kieron Lee. You never get to see where they are at their very best.

I think he’s a very solid CM or CB for this division. Not gonna get a sniff at CB for Bradford though as they’ve two very strong players there. 

Maybe slight exaggeration woth class, but he’s got enough about him to be in the better teams of this divisions starting XI’s.

Agree on Fane though, although there’s an awful lot to work on but he seems like he’s definitely going to do that. 

3 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

I think he’s a very solid CM or CB for this division. Not gonna get a sniff at CB for Bradford though as they’ve two very strong players there. 

Maybe slight exaggeration woth class, but he’s got enough about him to be in the better teams of this divisions starting XI’s.

Agree on Fane though, although there’s an awful lot to work on but he seems like he’s definitely going to do that. 

I think you've nailed it in the first paragraph..

Dieng is a league 1 player no matter the position. The fact he can do a job in 2 positions should see him have a steady career at this level.

I'm not sure he's been catching at Bradford for a while has he? Has he had injuries?