Ex players and that

Hmm. The only way I could see it working is if Club 1 gets a percentage of any sell-on fee Club 2 gets when the player they sold to Club 3 moves to Club 4. It looks like that’s what happened to Lambert. But I don’t think you could get many more links in that chain, or demand fees if any of the future moves don’t involve a sell-on fee.

9 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Hmm. The only way I could see it working is if Club 1 gets a percentage of any sell-on fee Club 2 gets when the player they sold to Club 3 moves to Club 4. It looks like that’s what happened to Lambert. But I don’t think you could get many more links in that chain, or demand fees if any of the future moves don’t involve a sell-on fee.

It is howit works the deal is usually a % of future pgofit not future transfer free. Eg halifax  were looking at further profit when leicester were supposed to be selling vardy to arsenal.

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Well he's kept a club competitive for a number of years in the third tier with little or no help from the townspeople and local council so not all bad.

Competitive :applause1::applause1::applause1:

- Maybe from January. 

He lost the townspeople bit by bit by removing any hope year on year and I'm pretty sure Oldham Council contributed to the new North Stand by way of grants didn't they?

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Well he's kept a club competitive for a number of years in the third tier with little or no help from the townspeople and local council so not all bad.

True. But if he is using money from player sales to fund a stand, then the stand shouldn't be owned by a third party that he controls, nor should its completion be delayed by over 18 months. Nor should the fans have to sort out a bar off their own backs because the landlords are taking money out of the club to fund a stand, their taxes etc.

We have been owned by blokes who can't afford to own a football club for 8 years. But they've all got nice gold bricks.

The sooner the landlords leave the better. 

17 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

True. But if he is using money from player sales to fund a stand, then the stand shouldn't be owned by a third party that he controls, nor should its completion be delayed by over 18 months. Nor should the fans have to sort out a bar off their own backs because the landlords are taking money out of the club to fund a stand, their taxes etc.

We have been owned by blokes who can't afford to own a football club for 8 years. But they've all got nice gold bricks.

The sooner the landlords leave the better. 

Won't find me arguing with any of that.