Ex players and that

45 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

City and Arsenal looking at acquiring Tarkowski next summer according to The Times this morning. 

Brentford have a sell on clause.

The decision to cash ours in looked short sighted at the time.  If he gets a big move that would have been a small percentage working back our way.

6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

City and Arsenal looking at acquiring Tarkowski next summer according to The Times this morning. 

Deservedly so.  It is not that long ago when after a few appearances for us, I turned to Mrs K and said... this lad will play in the prem for a top club one day,.  It was blindingly obvious to me.  Unfortunately I wasn't in charge of his sell on clause.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Deservedly so.  It is not that long ago when after a few appearances for us, I turned to Mrs K and said... this lad will play in the prem for a top club one day,.  It was blindingly obvious to me.  Unfortunately I wasn't in charge of his sell on clause.

There's a Mrs K?!? :blink:

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Not quite sure how you worked that out - he was pretty dreadful in his first few games for us...

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Maybe not literally his first few games.  Jesus. 

It was such a shock that a young 19 year old lad chucked into first team action in a struggling team didn’t look the finished article, it's not just Tarky our fans seem to have a real issue with young raw players coming into our team making mistakes and taking time to settle without even giving any thought for how they may develop, can think of others in the past season or two like Coleman and the latest who seems to always get pelters for every mistake he makes Fane. 

9 hours ago, mickjagger said:

Arsenal and Manchester City are monitoring Burnley centre-back James Tarkowski, 25, with a view to bidding for him next summer. (Times - subscription required)

Our sell on clause should be chunky on this one.

Think it might be his agent putting out stories trying to get him a better contract.

8 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Is it 20 or 30%?

The Evening News reports that we flogged our clause before Burnley signed him.  From 2016 ...

"fee following James Tarkowski’s move from Brentford to Burnley. Oldham placed a sell-on clause in the defender’s deal when he left SportsDirect.comPark to join Brentford two years ago, but were forced to sell the clause for a cut price several months ago to help with their financial issues."

Assuming Brentford have a 20% sell on clause and our sold clause was also 20% we've pissed away somewhere in the region of 4% of a very big number if Burnley do sell.

Why would have our sell on clause rolled over from Brentford to Burnley had we not sold it early anyway. Surely we would have just got the percentage sell on clause from the Brentford sale to Burnley and that would have been that anyway making it irrelevant what happened after that?

44 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

The Evening News reports that we flogged our clause before Burnley signed him.  From 2016 ...

"fee following James Tarkowski’s move from Brentford to Burnley. Oldham placed a sell-on clause in the defender’s deal when he left SportsDirect.comPark to join Brentford two years ago, but were forced to sell the clause for a cut price several months ago to help with their financial issues."

Assuming Brentford have a 20% sell on clause and our sold clause was also 20% we've pissed away somewhere in the region of 4% of a very big number if Burnley do sell.

Yet will be told what a great job Corneys done to keep our heads above water, bloke couldn't run a bath.

27 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yet will be told what a great job Corneys done to keep our heads above water, bloke couldn't run a bath.

Well he's kept a club competitive for a number of years in the third tier with little or no help from the townspeople and local council so not all bad.

43 minutes ago, Matt60 said:

Why would have our sell on clause rolled over from Brentford to Burnley had we not sold it early anyway. Surely we would have just got the percentage sell on clause from the Brentford sale to Burnley and that would have been that anyway making it irrelevant what happened after that?

We would have got a percentage of any further sales, Opinions4u has it spot on above. Just like we did with Dale Stephens for example.

Edited by jorvik_latic

Huh? How would that work and why would any club agree to it? So if in five years Tarkowski moves from Burnley to Arsenal to Real Madrid, Brentford are paying a proportionate fee each time? And future buying clubs wouldn’t pay us directly either, there’s no contract between us and them and we don’t hold the player’s registration to attach any conditions to it.

Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that this would be any more than a clause on one onward move from Brentford.

26 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Huh? How would that work and why would any club agree to it? So if in five years Tarkowski moves from Burnley to Arsenal to Real Madrid, Brentford are paying a proportionate fee each time? And future buying clubs wouldn’t pay us directly either, there’s no contract between us and them and we don’t hold the player’s registration to attach any conditions to it.

Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that this would be any more than a clause on one onward move from Brentford.

Perecentage of future profit. It's a chain, so if Brentford have the same clause to Burnley (e.g 25 percent of future profit) when Burnley sell them we would have got 20% of Brentford's 25 percent. And if Burnley have a percentage of future profit from whenever theoretically City sell him to Real, then that filters back to Burnley and would have filtered back to Brentford and then back to us.

As mentioned above Lambert's sale to Liverpool filtered back to Southampton, Brizzle Rovers, Rochdale and Stockport because they all had a clause entitling them to a percentage of any future profit. 

Edited by PlayItLivo