Ex players and that

7 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Are you disabled?

4 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Fucking wow ! Hope this gets the response it deserves. What a horrible cunt you must be ! 

You two need to calm it down a tad, otherwise both of you will probably get your asses banned.
It's all about opinions but there is no need to take it down to this level.

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

You two need to calm it down a tad, otherwise both of you will probably get your asses banned.

Couldn’t agree more, far too much schoolyard squabbling here these days - surprised no one has offered to meet up on the all weather pitch at 3:30 yet. The disabled comment is disgraceful, this is a football forum, can’t we just talk football and have differing opinions like adults and debate them as such? This is, in the main a great community and we see some great and funny banter - can’t we carry on in that vein and cut the childish name calling and “agenda shaming” 

10 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

What relevance would it have if he was? Disagree with him by all means - argue with him if you really want but that’s a fairly shocking question/statement in the 21st century 

7 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I need to ? You must be joking ? I was actually looking how to report that disgusting comment , and I’m far from touchy by the way . It’s amazing what a negative rep does for you. My reputation has been destroyed by a very very bitter old man constantly voting me down ten times a day every day. Now people just presume I’m a troll/ ass hole whatever. I think you have just been guilty of that presumption Wardie. Guess I will just have to knock it on the head and stop posting. But OMG that was a fucking horrible thing to say , I am not myself disabled , but without going into it , it does affect me. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I need to ? You must be joking ? I was actually looking how to report that disgusting comment , and I’m far from touchy by the way . It’s amazing what a negative rep does for you. My reputation has been destroyed by a very very bitter old man constantly voting me down ten times a day every day. Now people just presume I’m a troll/ ass hole whatever. I think you have just been guilty of that presumption Wardie. Guess I will just have to knock it on the head and stop posting. But OMG that was a fucking horrible think to say , I am not myself disabled , but without going into it , it dies affect me. 

You do realise I was supporting you in my comment don’t you? 

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I need to ? You must be joking ? I was actually looking how to report that disgusting comment , and I’m far from touchy by the way . It’s amazing what a negative rep does for you. My reputation has been destroyed by a very very bitter old man constantly voting me down ten times a day every day. Now people just presume I’m a troll/ ass hole whatever. I think you have just been guilty of that presumption Wardie. Guess I will just have to knock it on the head and stop posting. But OMG that was a fucking horrible think to say , I am not myself disabled , but without going into it , it dies affect me. 

I'm not joking. I have no presumptions of you and your nature whatsoever, I was merely stating that the both of you should calm down before it escalates out of hand...which is something that could easily happen. Oafc_lover used an inappropriate term of reference, you called him a c**t. It's not rocket science to see where this could lead to.

We all have our opinions and we are all entitled to them.

11 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I'm not joking. I have no presumptions of you and your nature whatsoever, I was merely stating that the both of you should calm down before it escalates out of hand...which is something that could easily happen. Oafc_lover used an inappropriate term of reference, you called him a c**t. It's not rocket science to see where this could lead to.

We all have our opinions and we are all entitled to them.

Read it back. I gave my opinion of Molly Banks. It was ridiculed as a pile of spunk ! Glossop replies I’m a decent manner. I answer in a jovial manner after having my opinion rubbished. Then the extremely offensive comment was thrown out there. I’m not being put in the same bracket as that ! You would never ever find a comment like that from me. Disgusted to say the least. But I’m gonna be the bigger one and leave it there. I do get that people don’t want to be reading bollocks like this. I think I enjoyed this site more when I was a reader only. And I know certain others enjoyed it more deffo - hey smoker hahaha 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

7 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Read it back. I gave my opinion of Molly Banks. It was ridiculed as a pile of spunk ! Glossop replies I’m a decent manner. I answer in a jovial manner after having my opinion rubbished. Then the extremely offensive comment was thrown out there. I’m not being put in the same bracket as that ! You would never ever find a comment like that from me. Disgusted to say the least. But I’m gonna be the bigger one and leave it there. I do get that people don’t want to be reading bollocks like this. I think I enjoyed this site more when I was a reader only. And I know certain others enjoyed it more deffo - hey smoker hahaha 

So you (and many others) actively targeting Banks with insults is fine? 

Someone calling you out on it isn’t?

I’ve apologised to anyone including yourself who found my comment distasteful and have removed it as I have accepted it was silly and irrational of me. But what I will say is if you genuinely are ‘disgusted’ by it, then I feel sorry for you. You mustn’t be able to leave the house for fear of being offended.

Just now, oafc_lover said:

I’ve apologised to anyone including yourself who found my comment distasteful and have removed it as I have accepted it was silly and irrational of me. But what I will say is if you genuinely are ‘disgusted’ by it, then I feel sorry for you. You mustn’t be able to leave the house for fear of being offended.

If you go through all of my posts you will find it hard to find any 1 post that ive said has offended me. People are affected by different things fior their own reasons. Nice hollow apology btw. Not interested in discussing anything with you. 

5 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

To be fair it was out of order - you’ve apologised and so that should be the end of the matter - but to say he was wrong and scared to leave the house for being offended sort of makes your apology useless. Being disabled is something some people struggle with massively on a day to day basis - in spite of that many of those so called disabled people achieve things that us able bodied could only dream of, Stephen Hawkins, hell even Oscar Pistorious before he decided to murder his girlfriend. I was disgusted by the comment and if by apologising but then suggest I’m in the wrong for thinking as such makes the apology worthless 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

9 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

To be fair it was out of order - you’ve apologised and so that should be the end of the matter - but to say he was wrong and scared to leave the house for being offended sort of makes your apology useless. Being disabled is something some people struggle with massively on a day to day basis - in spite of that many of those so called disabled people achieve things that us able bodied could only dream of, Stephen Hawkins, hell even Oscar Pistorious before he decided to murder his girlfriend. I was disgusted by the comment and if by apologising but then suggest I’m in the wrong for thinking as such makes the apology worthless 

He makes a valid point though, you don't agree with his joke and it was hardly a serious comment. Tell him to go fuck himself and go about your day.

I don't think for one minute he was using the term literally, or intended to demean any group of people.

10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

It's sometimes forgotten football is a team game and players like Banks could very well fit into some clubs game plan, they don't have to be a great individual.

It helps too if they are played or stay in the correct position.

Perhaps we might be able to get that through to Byrne pretty sharpish.

It is patently obvious why Wigan wanted rid

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

He makes a valid point though, you don't agree with his joke and it was hardly a serious comment. Tell him to go fuck himself and go about your day.

I don't think for one minute he was using the term literally, or intended to demean any group of people.

Agreed. Shit comment. Apologised. Admitted it was distasteful and not reflective of his opinion. Removed the comment. In the grander scheme of things, it's not worth going on about.