Ex players and that

16 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

1. Do you know if he has one?

2. He most certainly hasn't shared one with us if he has.

1. I'm 99.9% sure he does

2. Maybe he's waiting to see what division we are in. No good him coming out and saying he wants to win league one next season then we go down

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

1. Do you know if he has one?

2. He most certainly hasn't shared one with us if he has.

1. I don't know ( but if he hasn't he's not the man we all hope to take us forward ).

2. He doesn't have to ( I'm not one of the ones who need to know every minutiae of the club I support's business ).

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

2. Maybe he's waiting to see what division we are in. No good him coming out and saying he wants to win league one next season then we go down

1. Really? Wow. How do you know that?

2. Making a statement about winning a League is not a 'plan'. A desire maybe, but not even close to a 'plan'.

7 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

1. I don't know ( but if he hasn't he's not the man we all hope to take us forward ).

2. He doesn't have to ( I'm not one of the ones who need to know every minutiae of the club I support's business ).

1. Correct. If he hasn't..... he's not the man.

2. Minutiae and the basic tenets of a 'plan' are not the same thing.

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Can we not just have a go at winning whatever division we are in? Going down under a new owner wouldn't in my opinion be that disastrous providing we had a good go at coming back up, either way I hope he is learning along the way and will allow the manager to do his job with his own players, like Lookersstandandy I'm still a little pessimistic about his intentions because he's hardly projected a vision for the future although the calibre of player and level of wages seems to be more than we are used to.

29 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Can we not just have a go at winning whatever division we are in? Going down under a new owner wouldn't in my opinion be that disastrous providing we had a good go at coming back up, either way I hope he is learning along the way and will allow the manager to do his job with his own players, like Lookersstandandy I'm still a little pessimistic about his intentions because he's hardly projected a vision for the future although the calibre of player and level of wages seems to be more than we are used to.

I hope we do have a go. 

I think going down could be disastrous although I'd hope it wasn't and hope to God we don't.

I just think we should wait till the season is over then am sure he will make some comment on what he wants for us.

35 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

1. Really? Wow. How do you know that?

2. Making a statement about winning a League is not a 'plan'. A desire maybe, but not even close to a 'plan'.

Because he hasn't made money and been a success without having a plan in any other aspect of his business life.

What kind of plan do you want? He's made some decisions already with getting more fans back in the objective. He didn't announce those before he did them.

As long as we see progression he can't never speak again for all I care.

I'd rather actions than words

29 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Because he hasn't made money and been a success without having a plan in any other aspect of his business life.

What kind of plan do you want? He's made some decisions already with getting more fans back in the objective. He didn't announce those before he did them.

As long as we see progression he can't never speak again for all I care.

I'd rather actions than words

Well this is a turn up for the books, I had no idea we had someone amongst us who knew so much about Mr. Abdallah Lemsagam, his personal wealth and his historic business dealings. Do tell us?

I'll agree with you on actions speaking louder than words..... and if we see action, I'll be less inclined to seek words. However, to date I've seen little that could constitute a medium/long term plan, such as the contents/questions in this post....

Edited by lookersstandandy

46 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Well this is a turn up for the books, I had no idea we had someone amongst us who knew so much about Mr. Abdallah Lemsagam, his personal wealth and his historic business dealings. Do tell us?

I'd say someone who has got to the stage where he can buy a football club has done okay for himself. That's pretty obvious

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

1. Correct. If he hasn't..... he's not the man.

2. Minutiae and the basic tenets of a 'plan' are not the same thing.

can you give me a few examples of what you expect to hear with regard to a 'plan'?

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Well done. You found the absolute minority. 

Chris Moore @ Latics

Oyston @ Blackpool

Carson Yeung @ Birmingham

Stephen Vaughan @ Chester

Venky's @ B@stard

Becchetti @ Leyton Orient.

Sisu @ Coventry

Ridsdale @ Leeds

Gaydamk, Faraj, Balram Chairai and Vladimir Antonov @ Pompey

Edited by lookersstandandy

7 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Chris Moore @ Latics

Oyston @ Blackpool

Venky's @ B@stard

Sisu @ Coventry

Ridsdale @ Leeds

I am pretty sure that these are all before the more recent and, one would hope, more stringent fit and proper tests.  Venkys are extremely wealthy, they just don't give a shit any more. Cant legislate for that.  It will happen.

7 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Chris Moore @ Latics

Oyston @ Blackpool

Venky's @ B@stard

Sisu @ Coventry

Ridsdale @ Leeds

And how many of those aren't r weren't successful businessmen? The point wasn't how they've run a club. My point was that you need to be successful to afford to buy a club. You showed me one example of someone who stole money to do so

25 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

With pleasure; I posted the same link only half a dozen posts earlier;

Send them to him.  I'm sure he can answer those in 2 mins.  Not exactly a forensic interrogation are they?   Positive answers to those wouldn't confirm a plan either...  

45 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

1. Send them to him. 

2. I'm sure he can answer those in 2 mins. 

3.Not exactly a forensic interrogation are they?  

4. Positive answers to those wouldn't confirm a plan either...   

:lol: 

1. That's what the trust is for.

2. Not properly you can't.

3. You wanted to know what I considered consistent with the semblance of a plan, not how I would conduct a Frost/Nixon interview.

4. Not if he's lying....  but to say getting an answer that he would.....

Agree to personally underwrite losses for up to X years [no financial loans], at the same time increase the budget from the recent era of Corney-austerity, while also investing in infrastructure improvement; for staff [such as pitch & training facilities]; for supporters [such as bars/stands/events]; in youth [scouts/coaches/facilities]; reducing the reliance on a procession of loans, rewarding prospects with good contracts and putting an end to selling cheap; all designed to target an annual profit in player sales. At the same time he would support/fund an extended remit for OACT / and budget to advertise Oldham Athletic and the improvement in infrastructure to the inhabitants of Oldham & Tameside; all designed to target an increase support base / annual revenue.

....would not be consistent with him having a plan, is quite frankly preposterous balderdash.

9 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

:lol:

....would not be consistent with him having a plan, is quite frankly preposterous balderdash.

Could someone more techie than me (that won't rule out many) develop a short cut key so that I could type 'frankly preposterous balderdash' in no more than a couple of key strokes? I think I would find it very useful.

Pint sometime Andy?