Ex players and that

40 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

:lol: 

1. That's what the trust is for.

2. Not properly you can't.

3. You wanted to know what I considered consistent with the semblance of a plan, not how I would conduct a Frost/Nixon interview.

4. Not if he's lying....  but to say getting an answer that he would.....

Agree to personally underwrite losses for up to X years [no financial loans], at the same time increase the budget from the recent era of Corney-austerity, while also investing in infrastructure improvement; for staff [such as pitch & training facilities]; for supporters [such as bars/stands/events]; in youth [scouts/coaches/facilities]; reducing the reliance on a procession of loans, rewarding prospects with good contracts and putting an end to selling cheap; all designed to target an annual profit in player sales. At the same time he would support/fund an extended remit for OACT / and budget to advertise Oldham Athletic and the improvement in infrastructure to the inhabitants of Oldham & Tameside; all designed to target an increase support base / annual revenue.

....would not be consistent with him having a plan, is quite frankly preposterous balderdash.

I said, as you identified, that merely answering in the affirmative would not constitute a plan.  It wouldn’t. It’s just words that may or may not be followed through with.  

I’m done with words and promises. I’ll just wait and see what happens, what tangible evidence we experience. 

31 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Could someone more techie than me (that won't rule out many) develop a short cut key so that I could type 'frankly preposterous balderdash' in no more than a couple of key strokes? I think I would find it very useful.

Pint sometime Andy?

I’m concerned that preposterous balderdash may be a double negative... ?  

??

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

And a similar rise of non league clubs to the FL, with more like Fylde and Salford to get there in the next few seasons.

It's surprising to me being such a large borough no one has substantially invested in a Tameside club to take them into the FL. 

The one with most potential would probably Curzon Ashton with its scope stadium development.

Everybody supports City or United. How would a club market itself as a conglomerate of Tameside?

7 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Can’t believe he played for us for so long, embarrassing really. Brown, reckford and fane most embarrassing players we have had to watch in recent times ? 

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I mean to watch ? Have you seen his technique and footballing ability ? 

Yes he's a bang average defensive midfield player who gets then ball and passes to someone with more ability, not Franz Beckenbauer ! We'd all wish for better but some of us are realists.

Just now, Bobledgersheart said:

Yes he's a bang average defensive midfield player who gets then ball and passes to someone with more ability, not Franz Beckenbauer ! We'd all wish for better but some of us are realists.

And some of us, however pathetic people may think it is, enjoy watching a player giving his absolute all for the club despite his limitations

9 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Realists ? Might as well accept relegation now if that’s the best we can do 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Realists ? Might as well accept relegation now if that’s the best we can do 

Giving up isn't an option though, it's a reason we're in this position. Players who haven't got enough bottle, unambitious owners, people who would sooner sit at home watching overpaid prima donnas on Sky and BT and way back a chronic mis-management of the funds available when we were in the premier division. I meant realists in the sense we are where we are and have to get on with it regardless of who manages or plays for us.

19 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’d say enjoy is a bit strong a word. How about appreciate?

I enjoy watching Fane or Gardner or whoever run 30 yards to put in a last ditch tackle or hammer someone in a 50/50 and I enjoy watching Byrne play a perfectly weighted through ball or Doyle smash a goal in. I even get excited when Fane runs half the length of the pitch and nobody knows what he's trying to do.

I don't enjoy watching players shit out of a challenge in the middle of the pitch and let the other team just have possession. For all Byrne's ability I wouldn't start him today. I'd rather have another Gardner or Fane in there. 

22 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I enjoy watching Fane or Gardner or whoever run 30 yards to put in a last ditch tackle or hammer someone in a 50/50 and I enjoy watching Byrne play a perfectly weighted through ball or Doyle smash a goal in. I even get excited when Fane runs half the length of the pitch and nobody knows what he's trying to do.

I don't enjoy watching players shit out of a challenge in the middle of the pitch and let the other team just have possession. For all Byrne's ability I wouldn't start him today. I'd rather have another Gardner or Fane in there. 

Surely you’re trolling

46 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You’d rather have another Gardner or Fane in ? No goal threat then ? We concede goals anyway so we must try to score. I don’t believe dropping Byrne is the answer to any of our problems. If our manager played him correctly we’d be twice the team we are. 

59 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

You’d rather have another Gardner or Fane in ? No goal threat then ? We concede goals anyway so we must try to score. I don’t believe dropping Byrne is the answer to any of our problems. If our manager played him correctly we’d be twice the team we are. 

I'd rather play with 2 wingers

35 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Duffus has 6 goals in 10 games for his loan spell currently. There is a good player in there 

In Ireland where McEleney was seen as one of the League’s best players and Dean Kelly (sp) managed to carve out a decent career. It’s not far off a pub league.

4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

In Ireland where McEleney was seen as one of the League’s best players and Dean Kelly (sp) managed to carve out a decent career. It’s not far off a pub league.

That’s a bit harsh. It mightn’t be a great standard but I wouldn’t go as far as saying “not far off a pub league”.