Ex players and that

15 minutes ago, OnchanJules said:

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Good luck to him. 

Agree. Hope his life is on the up.

It still amazes me that in this day and age and with all the facilities at many clubs disposal that things can go undiagnosed.

I guess George struggled admitting things too, let's hope his and others honesty gradually opens things up for others.

18 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

From match report of York v Leamington last Saturday....

"A positive Connor Brown worked himself into a good position 20 yards from goal, only for his left-footed shot to almost uproot the corner flag."

He's getting closer ...

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

From match report of York v Leamington last Saturday....

"A special mention for Connor Brown who worked himself into a good position 20 yards from goal, only for his left-footed shot to almost uproot the corner flag."

fixed that for you...

I saw Chesterfield play earlier in the season against Notts County... they won quite comfortably against a side in the top 3 at the time. 

They played heilliant football theoughout the game and looked a class above league 2... genuinely shocked they’ve been relegated, thought they’d have enough about them to stay up at minimum. 

They’ve done a Tranmere and if we go down it could easily happen here.

Its frightening to look at that National League these days.

Who would have thought a year or two ago that Chesterfield, Wrexham, Tranmere and Leyton Orient would all have been down there together...it’s scary?

8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Who would have thought a year or two ago that Chesterfield, Wrexham, Tranmere and Leyton Orient would all have been down there together...it’s scary?

And two former league clubs relegated to conf. N/S this season 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

And two former league clubs relegated to conf. N/S this season 

Torquay and Chester, and possibly Barrow too, depending on the last 2 games

national league north could have 8 former football league teams in it next season 

shows what can happen with automatic promotion and relegation to and from the football League 

?

50 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

Torquay and Chester, and possibly Barrow too, depending on the last 2 games

national league north could have 8 former football league teams in it next season 

shows what can happen with automatic promotion and relegation to and from the football League 

?

And a similar rise of non league clubs to the FL, with more like Fylde and Salford to get there in the next few seasons.

It's surprising to me being such a large borough no one has substantially invested in a Tameside club to take them into the FL. 

The one with most potential would probably Curzon Ashton with its scope stadium development.

Edited by BP1960

10 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

There are 11 current non league clubs/grounds where I have seen league games. 9 of them against latics.And I bet there are others who can better that.

2 minutes ago, astottie said:

There are 11 current non league clubs/grounds where I have seen league games. 9 of them against latics.And I bet there are others who can better that.

Conversely in this year's Premier League there are 11 sides we've played in League one. 

That could rise to 13 next season. 

6 minutes ago, astottie said:

If you count FA cup matches and friendlies.

I remember in the 1960s travelling to Crook Town and Rhyl.

Edited by BP1960

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It's surprising to me being such a large borough no one has substantially invested in a Tameside club to take them into the FL. 

There was a time when we could’ve been the team to have dominated the populous of Tameside to take us onto the next level.

Our subsequent demise and Citeh moving to within a stone’s throw and becoming a galactico put pay to that sadly.

If we could find an owner to invest in the medium-long term, there may be a way of connecting with those disenfranchised with footballers that earn hundreds of thousands a week, to be able to grow our supporter base once more and aim for establishment in the Championship. That requires a ‘plan’ however.

Edited by lookersstandandy

9 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

There was a time when we could’ve been the team to have dominated the populous of Tameside to take us onto the next level.

Our subsequent demise and Citeh moving to within a stone’s throw and becoming a galactico put pay to that sadly.

If we could find an owner to invest in the medium-long term, there may be a way of connecting with those disenfranchised with footballers that earn hundreds of thousands a week to be able to grow out supported base once more. That requires a ‘plan’ however.

You are right Latics should be encouraging more Tamesiders to support the club, for some the travelling distance is less than those living in the Oldham Borough.

When was the last time the club advertisesd matches in the Tameside media and visited schools and colleges in the area to raise awareness?

Edited by BP1960

49 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

When was the last time the club advertisesd matches in the Tameside media and visited schools and colleges in the area to raise awareness?

I don’t know. The community trust seem very active and on face value seem to do a great job..... but I’ve no idea whether they keep themselves confined to the borough of Oldham or not?

One suspects funding would be required to allow them to do more, as well as allow the club to advertise to a catchment that could be considered ripe for Latics to harvest support from. Ironcially, the latter is what I do for a living and would be happy to donate some time and advice to the club on how to go about it..... however it would require the club to have an owner that had a ‘plan’ for me to consider it worthwhile.

Edited by lookersstandandy

31 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I don’t know. The community trust seem very active and on face value seem to do a great job..... but I’ve no idea whether they keep themselves confined to the borough of Oldham or not?

One suspects funding would be required to allow them to do more, as well as allow the club to advertise to a catchment that could be considered ripe for Latics to harvest support from. Ironcially, the latter is what I do for a living and would be happy to donate some time and advice to the club about how to go about it..... however it would require the club to have an owner that had a ‘plan’ for me to consider it worthwhile.

You keep putting 'plan'.

Are you insinuating our new owner doesn't have one? Or you just annoyed it hasn't been publically stated?