Ex players and that

9 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Whether he was hounded out of the club is still up for debate. What is clear though is that trouble seems to have dogged his short career to date. ..

?

Let's debate it then,

Lemsagam didn't want to pay Byrne's wages, a deal that he himself negotiated only very recently.

He then set about forcing him out of the club,even trying to leave it so late that Byrne couldn't sign for anyone else. Unfortunately he didn't realise that the Scottish window closed 6 hours later than the English one.

21 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Let's debate it then,

Lemsagam didn't want to pay Byrne's wages, a deal that he himself negotiated only very recently.

He then set about forcing him out of the club,even trying to leave it so late that Byrne couldn't sign for anyone else. Unfortunately he didn't realise that the Scottish window closed 6 hours later than the English one.

If he was hounded out why by your own admittance did AL not allow him to sign for another club, surely if he didn't want him here he'd of happily allowed him to leave to anyone prepared to take him because if he didn't go we'd still be paying him 6k a week to do fuck all.

He's gone to Scotland because no team in England is prepared to take a chance on him particularly on the stupid money he's being paid and his piss poor attitude which comes along with it.

37 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Let's debate it then,

Reading  between the lines we probably couldn’t afford him true, he pretty much said that. He also said he had to move on for his career, so to me it was best for everyone he moved  on. Sounds like they were at logger heads. I don’t think he was forced out tho, if he’d had wanted to buckle down work for the team I’m sure he could have stayed. A  few good months till Christmas we would have got a fee. As for the Scottish window he would have been released from his contract so free to sign for anyone.

Edited by latics22

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If he was hounded out why by your own admittance did AL not allow him to sign for another club, surely if he didn't want him here he'd of happily allowed him to leave to anyone prepared to take him because if he didn't go we'd still be paying him 6k a week to do fuck all.

SPITE !

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

Reading  between the lines we probably couldn’t afford him true, he pretty much said that. He also said he had to move on for his career, so to me it was best for everyone he moved  on. Sound like they were at logger heads. I don’t think he was forced out tho, if he’d had wanted to buckle down work for the team I’m sure he could have stayed. A  few good months till Christmas we would have got a few. As for the Scottish window he would have been released from his contract so free to sign for anyone.

Not sure he was released until post 5pm,deadline day .

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He's gone to Scotland because no team in England is prepared to take a chance on him particularly on the stupid money he's being paid and his piss poor attitude which comes along with it.

There may have been offers for him that we don't know about that were turned down, in an attempt to stop him playing in England.

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

Let's debate it then,

So. AL signs the deal himself, knowing how much it is. Then wants to force him out because he didn’t want to pay those wages he agreed to? And then tried forcing him out but tried to leave it late? If you wanted rid, you wouldn’t wait. He tried to get rid to anyone that would take him due to very obvious attitude issues. 

Do you read this stuff before hitting Submit Reply? :blink:

25 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

So. AL signs the deal himself, knowing how much it is. Then wants to force him out because he didn’t want to pay those wages he agreed to? And then tried forcing him out but tried to leave it late? If you wanted rid, you wouldn’t wait. He tried to get rid to anyone that would take him due to very obvious attitude issues. 

Do you read this stuff before hitting Submit Reply? :blink:

Why wasn't Byrne released until turned 5pm? 

The attitude issues are well documented and i think everyone is agreed that Byrne should have done better.

Lemsagam wanted rid after 5pm thus not letting Byrne sign for another club. Can you not see this?

13 minutes ago, archiecat said:

The attitude issues are well documented and i think everyone is agreed that Byrne should have done better.

Lemsagam wanted rid after 5pm thus not letting Byrne sign for another club. Can you not see this?

Because he was trying to organise a transfer up until the deadline but no one would take him, that’s why. Why should he pay him off if he can get rid for free, that was the last resort. Can you not see this? 

6 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Because he was trying to organise a transfer up until the deadline but no one would take him, that’s why. Why should he pay him off if he can get rid for free, that was the last resort. Can you not see this? 

Ok, now you have told me what definitely happened.

It has never been reported that a transfer was trying to be arranged,thank you for making us aware of the facts.

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

Ok, now you have told me what definitely happened.

It has never been reported that a transfer was trying to be arranged,thank you for making us aware of the facts.

It's never been reported that AL hounded him out and wanted to prevent him from finding another club in England but your happy to pass that off as fact. 

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It's never been reported that AL hounded him out and wanted to prevent him from finding another club in England but your happy to pass that off as fact. 

I never said it was fact,this is what appeared to happen but i have been told now (by somebody who has knowledge of dealings at Boundary Park) that this was not the case,Maybe you should have corrected me before.

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

I never said it was fact,this is what appeared to happen but i have been told now (by somebody who has knowledge of dealings at Boundary Park) that this was not the case,Maybe you should have corrected me before.

As I posted earlier, the exact circumstances surrounding his departure are open to debate - we have certainly had a lot of that, sometimes heated. The point still stands. In the fullness of time the truth may well surface.

Now can we move on? Please....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, archiecat said:

He could sign for any club once released, whilst a fee was still a possibility we kept him. It’s not that difficult to follow.

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

Clarke , hunt and dumingham will be on good money he didn’t “hound” these out of the club there is more to this than just money 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

As I posted earlier, the exact circumstances surrounding his departure are open to debate - we have certainly had a lot of that, sometimes heated. The point still stands. In the fullness of time the truth may well surface.

Now can we move on? Please....

I think the cloak and dagger nature of events leading up to Byrnes departure will always create debate.

We will probably never know what really went on,there will be rights and wrongs on both sides and like you say it is probably time to leave it.