Ex players and that

10 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Football League clubs can sign loanees and free agents until 31 August

(bbc 8th of August this year)

Follow that!!

Outside the transfer window, a club may still sign players on an emergency basis, usually if they have no goalkeeper available. ... Free agents can be signed by a club at any time during the season, if they had been released by their previous club before the end of the transfer window.

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

Outside the transfer window, a club may still sign players on an emergency basis, usually if they have no goalkeeper available. ... Free agents can be signed by a club at any time during the season, if they had been released by their previous club before the end of the transfer window.

Please refer to my last post

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

i was answering a question Mick 

You responded with a suggestion which is your right. However, you could have left it as per your suggestion And not responded.. I suspect you feel the need to have the feel the need to have the last word if it is a pint you disagree with!

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

You responded with a suggestion which is your right. However, you could have left it as per your suggestion And not responded.. I suspect you feel the need to have the feel the need to have the last word if it is a pint you disagree with!

That's easy for you to say :D anyway, game on :chubb:

58 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

56 minutes ago, archiecat said:

That's easy for you to say :D anyway, game on :chubb:

also feels  the need to send me a weird pm for no apparent reason. Strange boy. 

20 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Ripley sent off for Accy for high challenge. It looked a bit Pickfordesque.

Seen it, red card all day. Even if it hadn't been very high it probably should have been a red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity. 

Joel Coleman kept a clean sheet in the same game. 

On 10/7/2018 at 8:43 AM, OldhamSheridan said:

Chris Swailes manages Dunston UTS to victory over Chester (3 leagues above), and one round away from the first round proper. They are the lowest team left in the cup. Deane Smalley scored for Chester. 

Saw that result, but did not realise Chris Swailes was manager. Standout score that. Chester are 5th in National League North having dropped out off Conference last season so not struggling either. They'd only let in 3 in 11 games  in the League too!
He's been manager there since Oct 2016, having been Asst Mgr at Hamilton Accies prior to that.

They've won 6 drawn 1 of their 7 games, sitting 7th, but with their FA Cup exploits have played up to 5 games less than the teams above them.
That was their 12th win on the bounce and 13th of 14 games in all comps.

Average 2017/18 season though, finishing 10th. His first season saw 8-4-12 return.

IS there a lesson there, I wondered if it takes a good couple of seasons to get things ticking the way you would like?

Since Big Joe  24 years ago only 6 managers have 2 seasons: Sharp, Ritchie, Dowie, Shez, Dickov and Johnson. I don't think Sharp and Dickov, to varying degrees, could be considered successful, but the other 4 to relatively were.

Edited by singe