Ex players and that

Shez has got the job.

He seems to be working his way slowly down the league which is a shame because he is a decent manager.

Plenty wanted him back here. I wonder if you take out his Latics managerial record how many would want him back?

Sacked by Chesterfield & Plymouth and now at Newport.

Shez has got the job.

He seems to be working his way slowly down the league which is a shame because he is a decent manager.

Plenty wanted him back here. I wonder if you take out his Latics managerial record how many would want him back?

Sacked by Chesterfield & Plymouth and now at Newport.

Sacked by Chesterfield where he won two trophies, and Plymouth where he got them to the playoffs.

Sacked by Chesterfield where he won two trophies, and Plymouth where he got them to the playoffs.

Yes but spent a bit of money at Chesterfield before getting relegated and getting sacked!

Did nothing at Plymouth in league 2 in 3 years really. Under achieving at a big club. OK he lost in the Play offs but seems fans didn't like him

If he hadn't managed Oldham and had that record would you want him here?

Wasn't he also sacked at oldham?

I think Shez was the last manager to have a decent budget here and to be fair he bought in some decent players. He just didn't play any of them, which was quite baffling to me at the time. I wouldn't want him back here but good luck to him at Newport County..will always be a Latics legend

Did nothing at Plymouth in league 2 in 3 years really. Under achieving at a big club. OK he lost in the Play offs but seems fans didn't like him

Not really fair.

Kept them up first year when they were fighting relegation and still recovering from their financial :censored:storm. Got them top half the next year and into the playoffs the year after.

Could've done better in the final year by most accounts. Didn't do a great job overall but certainly did a good one.

If he hadn't managed Oldham and had that record would you want him here?

If he had had no affiliation with us at all player, coach or manager and had the record he had at Plymouth and chesterfield and was then appointed manager here this board would go into meltdown. With his record as a manager the same as us but with another league 1 club then people would be disappointed. Take away his connection with us then he wouldn't be in the running whatsoever.