Next Oldham Manager?

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

If what Mike Keegan's saying is true, why the bloody hell are we interviewing him... If he wants it, give it him. Absolute footballing legend 

Surely gets a fee hundred extra through the door purely for the spectacle of it all.   Maybe he can get Mario Balotelli or some of his other mates to come over for a game or two. ?

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Surely gets a fee hundred extra through the door purely for the spectacle of it all.   Maybe he can get Mario Balotelli or some of his other mates to come over for a game or two. ?

Balotelli?

He's played with Pirlo, Maldini, Kaka, Raul, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, both de Boer's, Ronaldhino, Rijkaard, Bergkamp, Rivaldo, Zamorano, Ronaldo, Baggio and Robben amongst many, many others and you pick Mario fucking Balotelli?????

Do you even like football? 

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

Balotelli?

He's played with Pirlo, Maldini, Kaka, Raul, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, both de Boer's, Ronaldhino, Rijkaard, Bergkamp, Rivaldo, Zamorano, Ronaldo, Baggio and Robben amongst many, many others and you pick Mario fucking Balotelli?????

Roberto Carlos and free kicks 

Imagine when we reveal Alan stubbs ? There will be a total meltdown. 

Simon we know you read this board. Have you ever seen us measly fans get this excited about a possible new manager like we are now about seedorf. Please don't ruin our tiny hopes of a little bit of flair and something different.

do it do it do it........

13 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Balotelli?

How many of those are under 45? Ha. Only two of them still play to my knowledge. 

I like Mario. So sue me! ?

Edited by kowenicki

Managing us would be a slightly different challenge for him I'd suggest but if he tried and failed then we might as well just board the place up?

If it's true and he comes in then our new owners/investors must have deep bloody pockets or he's doing it for nowt......Why in the hell would he want this job!

Could he be the potential new owner??

Well well well.

Clarence Seedorf is a massive name to be linked to a League One job, never mind us.

However trying to be sensible for a moment, he has no real management experience (and what he has is not successful), he has never played in England (i think), and being a great player has never really been a sign that you will be a great (or even half decent) manager.

You could argue that some of the other names on a practical point of view are better prospects.  Not sure what badges he has got etc.

But in the end you'd have to say sod it - and give him a go wouldn't you?

That said, Wellens comes across well, and if we didn't have 'investment' then I'd give him another game or two and then review.  He picks up 5-7 points out of the next 3 and you'd have to say he's done enough?