Next Oldham Manager?

58 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Indeed he just needs a break im on your side here, he has a good rest so will energized and ready to go , i realize he has a few knockers screw them, a few are swerving him but in my opinion it is a shot to nothing.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Indeed he just needs a break im on your side here, he has a good rest so will energized and ready to go , i realize he has a few knockers screw them, a few are swerving him but in my opinion it is a shot to nothing.

3 years ago the majority would have loved Davies to come here but it was unrealistic.

His career has gone off track or he wouldn't even be linked. Lets take a chance...

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

Wasn't at the match Tuesday but heard that the defenders were asking who they should be marking at corners. Doesn't smack of him being well prepared enough to be given the full time job just yet.

Could that not be due to them forgetting? Idiots.

6 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Wasn't at the match Tuesday but heard that the defenders were asking who they should be marking at corners. Doesn't smack of him being well prepared enough to be given the full time job just yet.

Unbelievable. Thank goodness we scored more goals than the other team, even with 10 men. 

47 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Our defence against crosses and corners was much better than at Rotherham, though. Despite the slip up in injury time.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

I would imagine that stemmed from OUR first corner. Our defenders all went up only for PBoro to leave 3/4 up front.

Clarke dropped back which wasn't ideal and then they organised for the next one so our most dangerous players could go up and we had cover.

2 hours ago, Markspark92 said:

I'm really warming to giving Wellens a chance comes across really well in his last 2 pressers, obviously very knowledgeable about the game, seems to have a good relationship with the players knows the club and someone we the fans have a connection to, however I doubt the new investors would like him to take it so hopefully he sticks around after they take over. 

i  agree he comes across well, and had a promising start. It'sa bit early to say, but I can't see the new investor involvement if we're looking at the options of Billy Davies, Way or Stubbs 

5 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Alan Stubbs isnt the man to get anyone excited about our prospects i he? 

“I look back at the Rotherham job and there were a lot of elements before I went in that I should have taken greater stock of and thought about them more, but I didn’t, I rushed in and paid the price for it,” he says, candidly.

“So I’ve had a really good experience and a really bad experience, and I’m glad I’ve got the bad experience out of the way so early in my career.

“I know I’m a good manager but I’ve gone on a big learning curve - I wouldn’t put myself in that position again.

“Rotherham was different. It would be very easy for me to say, now, that is was the wrong decision but at the time it felt as if I could do something there but there was just too much to do.”

Stubbs says he inherited 12 players who took up 60% of his playing budget and was left trying to create a squad on little money.

He managed to bring in Chelsea’s Isaiah Brown and, had injury not struck in Dresden, he had designs on asking Everton to loan him Matty Pennington.

“We were also in negotiations with Ossie (Leon Osman) before the window closed and that broke down because of hundreds of pounds, rather than thousands of pounds,” he revealed.

“When I was signing players, I had to take them to the stadium because I couldn’t let them see the training ground, just because it’s not what you would expect a Championship club to be working under.

Stubbs is ready to find a club where he can be the right man.

BITS AND PIECES FROM THE LIVERPOOL ECHO February 2017 wonder if big Joe has been involved in any of this? 

Jesus, he'll love it here :lol:

23 hours ago, Scapegoat said:

Didn't go last night - but another game where we concede 2 goals would indicate that we got a bit of luck rather than a fundamental change in the team?

That said, I am not against Wellens.  Basically finding a good manager is hard - it's why so many get sacked every season.  Newbie, old hand, all the same really - it's a gamble.

Interestingly we seemed to be linked to more candidates that are actually in a job than normal - which would indicate paying compensation and therefore further evidence of investment?

Bit of luck? We had a player sent off and scored two goals!

6 hours ago, Markspark92 said:

I'm really warming to giving Wellens a chance comes across really well in his last 2 pressers, obviously very knowledgeable about the game, seems to have a good relationship with the players knows the club and someone we the fans have a connection to, however I doubt the new investors would like him to take it so hopefully he sticks around after they take over. 

I had my misgivings and I'm certainly not going to proclaim his as the messiah after 1 game but he comes across incredibly well and he actually talks you through his thoughts and tactics - and actually sounds like he knows his stuff

Edited by Buckshawlatic

6 hours ago, mickjagger said:

His record is nothing to baulk at, give it him short term, if it goes well, give him  a extension. Or we could chalk it down to experience