Clarence Seedorf

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we appoint him, and anyone who would rather appoint someone else needs to give their head a wobble.

It might make the staff v fans game a lot more popular. Heck it's actually not safe for me to play football (and not cos I'm crap) but I'd sign up to share a pitch with Clarence Seedorf, that is how good of a footballer he was (and to be frank probably still is).

Wonder what the bookies will say if we appoint him for a future date (i.e. When the takeover is done) and leave Wellens in charge until that date.

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Might have got it wrong but thought I heard BBC news sportsday just said Clarence is the surprise new manager of Oldham Athletic. 

Would Twatter not have exploded by now, if that was what you heard?
Hope your hearing isn't failing you, though! :)

Oldham Athletic would like to update all supporters with regards to the managerial position at the club.

The club can confirm a number of candidates have been interviewed this week, with further interviews to take place over the next 10 days. As the process continues, we will endeavour to update supporters when possible.

Richie Wellens will continue to lead the side, having impressed everyone with his attitude and application shown.

Club statement - just now

Edited by Stagger Lee

9 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Oldham Athletic would like to update all supporters with regards to the managerial position at the club.

The club can confirm a number of candidates have been interviewed this week, with further interviews to take place over the next 10 days. As the process continues, we will endeavour to update supporters when possible.

Richie Wellens will continue to lead the side, having impressed everyone with his attitude and application shown.

Club statement - just now

10 days..the agony goes on.

Maybe an appointment before the Blackburn home game and if it's Clarence a full house?

Edited by BP1960

29 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Confident Seedorf is more classy than that. But showing a high profile candidate round the gym in public gaze is setting the club up a lot for comment if it isnt him who is appointed. 

Bit like looking in the Ferrari garage and then buying a 2nd hand Corsa with dubious past. 

I asume all other candidates are treated to the same hospitality ?

10 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Doesn't scream long term plan to me which most of you lot are usually banging on about.

Long term was Sheridan on a low budget trying to make a silk purse from a sow's ear.  I had no problem with that if it was all we could have, but this potential rollercoaster of craziness is what we've needed for a while.