Club statement HMRC raid

5 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I really dont get the people on here defending the club for late wages saying that the players should accept it and if it effects their performance they're the ones to blame?

Defies belief. 

Ffs... another one who can’t comprehend.

People are not defending late wages. They are merely saying that you do not go on social media bitching and crying like a baby about it.  Is that clear?  It’s not hard to distinguish between the two things. 

I think it’s time that AL made an announcement about the financial future of our club and his plans to clear the debts and fund the team.   Not interested as to how wealthy he is but simply does he have the funds to clear existing debts plus fund us with a realistic yet competitive budget for the next two to three seasons.

There was talk of substantial investment forthcoming so where is it?  AL could be clearing as we speak and supporting FB with new signings but as were only hearing bad news at moment, it’s time to reassure the fan base.

At least Corney came forward with an interview or two when the shit was hitting the fan.

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

People are not defending late wages. They are merely saying that you do not go on social media bitching and crying like a baby about it.  Is that clear?  It’s not hard to distinguish between the two things. 

One player, supposedly suspended at the moment, tweeting three emojis doesn't represent the whole team nor does it justify them to be paid late. I do accept however that he should not have tweeted at all. 

30 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

At least Corney came forward with an interview or two when the shit was hitting the fan.

And lied through his teeth whilst at it.... North Stand 24/7 income, Sports Direct = challenging at top of League 1.  Whilst I wouldn't mind hearing from AL I don' just want to hear a load of bollocks and if (I don't have a clue) he's just concentrating on his job then fair enough

4 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

And lied through his teeth whilst at it.... North Stand 24/7 income, Sports Direct = challenging at top of League 1.  Whilst I wouldn't mind hearing from AL I don' just want to hear a load of bollocks and if (I don't have a clue) he's just concentrating on his job then fair enough

This is where the Trust hopefully comes in and evidences whatever he states confirming that it’s genuine.  Surely in the age of clarity for fans, the EFLs FFP should be visible for us to understand how he passed the test and on what measures i.e. sufficient funds to clear or manage debt but also demonstrate funds for running the club securely for X period (ideally beyond two seasons)

Just now, Midsblue said:

This is where the Trust hopefully comes in and evidences whatever he states confirming that it’s genuine.  Surely in the age of clarity for fans, the EFLs FFP should be visible for us to understand how he passed the test and on what measures i.e. sufficient funds to clear or manage debt but also demonstrate funds for running the club securely for X period (ideally beyond two seasons)

Can't argue with that

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

Didn’t model pro Peter Clarke report the club to the PFA? Sure I’ve read that on here.

The club were reported to the PFA, it is (possibly wrongly) assumed that as club captain Peter Clarke is the PFA rep, but that’s not necessarily the case. It could be that it’s Gerrard, who as a senior, relatively long-serving, player and vice-captain is a likely candidate for the role.

Assuming someone has spoken to the PFA, they’re well within their rights given how many times they’ve been paid late. That’s the right channel to go down & isn’t a public complaint on Twitter. 

Its fair enough whoever it was.

Not many of us would accept it without seeing a union rep.

22 hours ago, kowenicki said:

And you're the one to determine what anybody, anywhere can say on social media? Who gave you that right?

I'm curious - would you support a player-lead strike over the failure to pay wages that aren't much higher than the average man and woman in Oldham?

Considering a lot of people's lives are connected to the football, from office staff, players right through to the supporters we ought to know when things aren't working. If you're not eager to know if the club is being poorly ran it says more about you then owt else.

6 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

And you're the one to determine what anybody, anywhere can say on social media? Who gave you that right?

I'm curious - would you support a player-lead strike over the failure to pay wages that aren't much higher than the average man and woman in Oldham?

Considering a lot of people's lives are connected to the football, from office staff, players right through to the supporters we ought to know when things aren't working. If you're not eager to know if the club is being poorly ran it says more about you then owt else.

A company social media policy signed up to by an employee of any company these days determines what you can say on social media - Laticd just don’t seem to employ it

social media aside, Gerrard arrogantly parking his Range Rover in the permit holders only section across from the club then bombarding the traffic warden (like it or not doing his job) with eggs and kicking his scooter over 2 seasons ago leading to police involvement (restorative justice saved his blushes) in tandem with his tweets and new information abusing a fan wanting his photo he’s a wanker - Clarke could be double amputated at the knee and I’d have him over the scouse gob shite any day 

10 hours ago, UpTheLatics said:

Spare me your virtue.  I’m talking about a few footballers mouthing off like they are something special. These guys are acting in an entitled and arrogant way but are mostly a bit thick. 

For the avoidance of doubt...I repeat... it’s not right to miss paying wages. FFS!    

Edited by kowenicki

10 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

A company social media policy signed up to by an employee of any company these days determines what you can say on social media - Laticd just don’t seem to employ it

social media aside, Gerrard arrogantly parking his Range Rover in the permit holders only section across from the club then bombarding the traffic warden (like it or not doing his job) with eggs and kicking his scooter over 2 seasons ago leading to police involvement (restorative justice saved his blushes) in tandem with his tweets and new information abusing a fan wanting his photo he’s a wanker - Clarke could be double amputated at the knee and I’d have him over the scouse gob shite any day 

Where did he get eggs from?