Club statement HMRC raid

19 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Spare me your virtue.  I’m talking about a few footballers mouthing off like they are something special. These guys are acting in an entitled and arrogant way but are mostly a bit thick. 

For the avoidance of doubt...I repeat... it’s not right to miss paying wages. FFS!    

The irony is that you're holding average footballers some earning a bit over the average UK salary to a different standard to your common man and woman and considering you ultimately help pay those wages, it is in your interest to know if the club is being handled correctly and tells me you are interested when this sort of stuff comes out (as you should be).

Demanding people shut their mouths, restricting information and controlling criticism. There is a regime in't Far East you'd revel in.

18 hours ago, UpTheLatics said:

The irony is that you're holding average footballers some earning a bit over the average UK salary to a different standard to your common man and woman and considering you ultimately help pay those wages, it is in your interest to know if the club is being handled correctly and tells me you are interested when this sort of stuff comes out (as you should be).

Demanding people shut their mouths, restricting information and controlling criticism. There is a regime in't Far East you'd revel in.

Anthony Gerard and Craig Davies are earning £27k per year. Yeah ok. Of course they are. 

Regardless... not even someone on minimum wage shouldn’t be slagging their employer off on social media. Most employers would fire you on the spot for being in breach of contract (social media policy as part of IT policy).  

Also, social media should not just now be a green flag for a free for all, it’s done enough damage already and it’s getting worse.  I’d argue social media is actually killing free speech and destroying debate. Mob rule and herd mentality is dominating it... dare to have an alternative opinion and you are jumped on. 

Edited by kowenicki

41 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Anthony Gerard and Craig Davies are earning £27k per year. Yeah ok. Of course they are. 

Regardless... someone on minimum wage shouldn’t be slagging their employer off on social media. Most employers would fire you on the spot for being in breach of contract (social media policy as part of IT policy).  

Also, social media should not just now be a green flag for a free for all, it’s done enough damage already and it’s getting worse.  I’d argue social media is actually killing free speech and destroying debate. Mob rule and herd mentality is dominating it... dare to have an alternative opinion and you are jumped on. 

You can have your say back though.

Why wait till a winding up petition was issued to pay the tax bill? Why not pay it off before it escalated to this stage?

Very good news though, wouldn’t have liked that to be hanging over us going into a new season.

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Why wait till a winding up petition was issued to pay the tax bill? Why not pay it off before it escalated to this stage?

Very good news though, wouldn’t have liked that to be hanging over us going into a new season.

Have you ever tried to get excess money back from the taxman? A tax bill is very likely to have been a responsibility of the previous owners and something that will have taken a lot of time to sort out. I wouldn't be surprised if AL paid it as he knew it would be easier than try and get the money back from the landlords. 

11 hours ago, Ryan said:

It’s standard business practice to not pay things until the very last minute, sadly this often leads to many small businesses to go under. It’s a very dangerous game to play doing this with the taxman though!

You know what they say, “death, taxes and Latics in League 1”... oh wait!

10 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

It was definitely a raid. 

I think it was sarcasm.  He meant if a 'raid' is still going on after 9 months then it isn't really a raid.  It would be a very slow and obvious 'raid' after the first few days...

Anyhow, the ongoing investigation (if indeed there is one) has been going for 9 months now?  That's a long time with nothing happening.