Club statement HMRC raid

Just now, Buckshawlatic said:

Yet Gerrard can afford to be unemployed for 6 months a season waiting for Real Madrid to come in for him...

Probably done the best in the game club wise. Even if he can have a break it doesn't mean he hasn't got financial commitments does it?

You think Fane and Gardner are mortgage free? Nepo high rolling in a new country? Come on ffs.

Edited by Clifford

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Didn’t model pro Peter Clarke report the club to the PFA? Sure I’ve read that on here.

Maybe it was him or maybe it wasnt but if he did he did the right thing. Ranting on social media is the wrong way to go about it.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Maybe it was him or maybe it wasnt but if he did he did the right thing. Ranting on social media is the wrong way to go about it.

Depends if your a soppy soft cunt. It's 2018, people complain via social media daily. How do we know these players have not raised their concerns internally before?

Davies had a good deal on offer, Wellens wanted him to go, the new owner said no. It affected his performance and once he left he had a pop. AL to blame as much as anyone there.

6 minutes ago, Clifford said:

His post suggests the late wages would not play a part in affecting their performance. I say it 100% would. It would make you question the clubs future and make you look elsewhere, as it would in any industry, especially when on a fixed term contract.

Some of them are just cunts, fair play. Not having that the off field didn't affect things. To think money doesn't affect players on £60k a season is mental.

Yeah. I was right. You missed the point. 

Just now, Clifford said:

Depends if your a soppy soft cunt. It's 2018, people complain via social media daily. How do we know these players have not raised their concerns internally before?

Davies had a good deal on offer, Wellens wanted him to go, the new owner said no. It affected his performance and once he left he had a pop. AL to blame as much as anyone there.

So you’re a “soppy soft cunt” if you DONT go on

social media to complain about your employer by crying like a child and posting silly little emojis?  Ffs. The irony. 

Just now, kowenicki said:

So you’re a “soppy soft cunt” if you DONT go on

social media to complain about your employer by crying like a child and posting silly little emojis?  Ffs. The irony. 

I'm talking about the people on here having a massive issue with it. Missed my point, perhaps?

18 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Alot of companies these days have social media policies which can involve diciplinary action if you bitch about them on any given platform.

Interms of Davies going  well he was denied a move he may have been upset about it but its not an excuse. He owed it to his team mates and to us the supporters who pay his wages and turn up rain or shine to encourage him to do his job.

If you've read my posts over the summer you will know I think Lemsagam takes his fair share of responsibility for last season. But last season was a collective failure owners current and previous, manager coaches and players.

Edited by GlossopLatic

23 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Didn’t model pro Peter Clarke report the club to the PFA? Sure I’ve read that on here.

The same Peter Clarke who told fans at a recent friendly he was glad to be back, and you could tell he meant it.

44 minutes ago, underdog said:

‪Trust announcement re todays wind up order on 24/0718 for your info and posted in Trust pinned thread cheers

Further to article in the London Gazette regarding a winding up petition by HMRC against the club, we have sought clarification from the club and can assure fans that the matter is in hand.‬

‪We can’t comment further on the matter but will if more information comes to light.‬

Hate to be picky but does that mean that the trust knows the matter wiil be sorted, or does it know that the club have said it will be sorted, or is it just that is being addressed? 

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

This is total bollocks. These lads are on £2k a week on at best 23 month contracts. They are not on the sort of money where they can afford to have wages late month after month. 

Salt of the earth proper bloody good blokes like your Brian Wilson's etc won't their mortgages paying on time. I agree we have some cunts but please don't think people like Gardner Clarke and Hunt won't be fucked off with the wages shambles.

If that cap fits and all that...... 

Think the lads you allude too know who they are the cunts are the clique that effectively relegated us, I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush and may I jusr say paying wages one day late is unacceptable but the way some of these boys are behaving is laughable. 

Edited by yarddog73

42 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Just had a look. Gardner is 28, played about 120 league games at the most. Been in the football league since 2014. One of the good guys.

If you think someone like him isn't affected by missed wages you are mental.

Ffs. You aren’t listening. Nobody is saying they aren’t affected. But you don’t go bitching on social media about it.  Most employers would fire you on the spot for such a breach of social media policy (which all companies have now). Employees in my company aren’t even allowed to say they work for the company on their personal social media. 

Edited by kowenicki

45 minutes ago, Clifford said:

I presume Davies was happy to sign the deal we put in front of him and also the terms of the contract he signed to be an OAFC player? On that basis he should of cracked on doing what he was being paid to do and not start feeling sorry for himself because the club weren't prepared to give their top scorer away for buttons.

Let's face it if AL had let Davies move on for peanuts he'd of been crucified for that as well in the long run.

Any footballer, who earns a living playing full-time football, and then airs his employment woes on social media, does not deserve to be called a "Professional!. If I did that, it would be instant dismissal for me. It should be written into their contracts like it is in mine and if they don't like it, then don't sign. It's about time these grown men started acting the part.

45 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Employees in my company aren’t even allowed to say they work for the company on their personal social media. 

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Even on Linkedin?

They get a bit funny about it at MI5. :wink:

Edited by lookersstandandy

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Just had a look. Gardner is 28, played about 120 league games at the most. Been in the football league since 2014. One of the good guys.

If you think someone like him isn't affected by missed wages you are mental.

He is.

Are the Trust having the wool pulled over their eyes and taking AL at face value?

The Representative, as a Director of OAFC should have known about this winding up order for at least some time.

And rumours of the very recently departed Rep now falling out with AL as well as Corney, trouble ahead I fear.

I am highly sceptical AL put £3m in now. Any evidence of this other than his word?