Club statement HMRC raid

11 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Can't help but feel this one is slightly more serious due to the raid in November. 

I doubt it's related - this will be AL not paying the tax bill on time.

We still need to see what the outcome of the raid is.

13 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Has that panic button moved closer yet? Look forward hearing the view of the trust sometime in the next few weeks. 

Steady fella we need to sign the minutes off at the next meeting before we can discuss trivial matters like this :petesake:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

Is there a limit to how many of these you can have before serious action takes place such as legal bodies stepping in and taking ownership of the club and putting us in admin or liquidation? 

Genuine question.

No

4 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

Is there a limit to how many of these you can have before serious action takes place such as legal bodies stepping in and taking ownership of the club and putting us in admin or liquidation? 

Genuine question.

The end result of a WUP is liquidation unless it’s settled. This is the serious action. 

49 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Keegan tweets that hmrc have lodged a winding up petition

44 minutes ago, Ryan said:

https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3074422

Just for the #prooflads ?

Awaits the official response and hopes that it comes soon and provides some reassurance ... just getting a tad concerned ? at the frequency of these petitions. ?

10 minutes ago, dec666 said:

So now we should be worried? Last month it was banking issues.

Just my personal feeling, if we pay the wages I could think we're getting back to an even keel and this is a legacy issue, if not I'd be concerned 

3 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Just my personal feeling, if we pay the wages I could think we're getting back to an even keel and this is a legacy issue, if not I'd be concerned 

Depends if it’s a late corporation tax payment (when is our year end?) or recent late PAYE payments really. 

The thing that bothers me is that AL is supposed to have funded the bet part of £3m (IIRC) prior to takeover. Now suddenly it has all evaporated. Can it all have been spent ahead? And all that on Menig, which I  doubted at the time.

My question is did he really spend £3.5m before the takeover, or did he say that he did?