13 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Got to disagree with this. Is it not perfectly reasonable to examine how a player performs in every match-that's what I pay my money for. 

Is it? Can't say I have ever handed over my cash with that as an objective.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not sure what you mean Monty?

Should or shouldn't a manager criticise individual players in public?

Fans will do it anyway.

I was refering to the having of a positive attitude.

With regards to public criticism, I would take each case on an individual basis. In this case, I am currently unaware of the comments, but my guarded current assesment is that RW is usually good, clever and honest(ish) in such matters and that AG is big, hairy and clever enough to take them.

42 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I was refering to the having of a positive attitude.

With regards to public criticism, I would take each case on an individual basis. In this case, I am currently unaware of the comments, but my guarded current assesment is that RW is usually good, clever and honest(ish) in such matters and that AG is big, hairy and clever enough to take them.

Hope he takes it the right way being the team captain.

On 17/12/2017 at 10:31 PM, Monty Burns said:

Bit of a bargain £300K isn’t it. Using that price as a barometer, I would speulate that it would cost £1M to permanently sign Doyle, Byrne and Brian. Therefore, in my opinion, the price of a top six finish is £1m.

We have already signed Byrne or was I dreaming

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I thought Gerrard was one of the better players before being subbed.

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I thought Gerrard was one of the better players before being subbed.

He was piss poor you could tell he was carrying an injury . Thank god Wilson came on and played well. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I posted a few weeks ago that I had spoken to Doyle and he had said it had already been agreed. Think it was earlier on in this thread...

Was that in regard to this season or next?

31 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Will he not find a club if we go down then? 

Course he will but I’d guess he would prefer to play here with this group of lads who appear to have become very close mates.

Then factor in Abdallah has probably already told him his plans for next season which, if he’s paid money for Byrne and agreed a fee for Doyle, look to be bloody exciting times for the club!

Archived