• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rvlatic said:

Matt rhead  *shudders*

The pitch would if he and Akinfenwa stepped on it together. 

Nicky Ajose would do for me alongside Doyle, they would bag 50 between them with Byrne in behind them.

4 hours ago, yarddogs said:

Pretty sure he wouldn’t have been allowed to complete a takeaway if he had no money , fit and proper persons and all that.

As I said at the time the fit and proper persons test doesn’t take into consideration financial capabilities. Provided you can afford to buy a club, even if you then can’t run it because you are then skint, you can pass the fit and proper persons test implemented by the EFL.

I’d be confident that AL has more money than Corney, but that's not hard. 

50 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

As I said at the time the fit and proper persons test doesn’t take into consideration financial capabilities. Provided you can afford to buy a club, even if you then can’t run it because you are then skint, you can pass the fit and proper persons test implemented by the EFL.

I’d be confident that AL has more money than Corney, but that's not hard. 

ALL was required to show he had access to a certain amount of money but it'strue that it isn't a test of your wealth or competency to own a club 

Talk of signing new strikers is great but I would think Holloway would be a perfect target man in league two. We'll need more physical players in and he is a great battering ram. I'd much rather we try him out as a regular before signing someone's low scoring plonder. Best to utilise our own. 

I'd drive Davies wherever he wants to go after the tale I have heard following a rejected bid in Jan. Not the sort of character we need. 

13 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Talk of signing new strikers is great but I would think Holloway would be a perfect target man in league two. We'll need more physical players in and he is a great battering ram. I'd much rather we try him out as a regular before signing someone's low scoring plonder. Best to utilise our own. 

I'd drive Davies wherever he wants to go after the tale I have heard following a rejected bid in Jan. Not the sort of character we need. 

Davies scored lots of goals for Chesterfield in division 2 when they got promoted. I would not be too hasty at getting rid of him. It was mainly his goals that took them back up into division 1. So long as we can keep him fit I think he could do well for us.

15 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Wellens can't rate him much as surely he would have played more.

51 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Davies scored lots of goals for Chesterfield in division 2 when they got promoted. I would not be too hasty at getting rid of him. It was mainly his goals that took them back up into division 1. So long as we can keep him fit I think he could do well for us.

I'm told Davies downed tools at the end of the window because the owner would not let him leave. He had been offered £3,500 a week elsewhere. Informed the powers that be that he was only interested in his end of season holiday. He scored one goal after that (tap in vs Bury) and had many mystery absences. 

I would fire him to whichever club is daft enough to want him.

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

I like Holloway but 'battering ram'?!  The guy hardly roughs up opponents, does he?  More often than not he's on the deck complaining to the ref.

2 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

I like Holloway but 'battering ram'?!  The guy hardly roughs up opponents, does he?  More often he's on the deck complaining to the ref.

I think I'm in this camp with both Davies and Holloway.......for a couple of supposed big lads, I don't think we could make an effective target man if we grafted the "best bits" together.

I like Holloway and also Davies to some extent but both spend half their time on-field physically battling with opponents instead of actively attacking the ball. It's an attacker's job to meet the ball and a defender's to prevent them, not the other way round.  

3 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I like Holloway and also Davies to some extent but both spend half their time on-field physically battling with opponents instead of actively attacking the ball. It's an attacker's job to meet the ball and a defender's to prevent them, not the other way round.  

Spot on. Too much time spent battling with / trying to win a free kick from the defender. Rather than looking to break free of them.

With regard to money owed to Preston for Doyle...

My understanding is the situation might not be ideal, but isn't unusual.

This isn't from my usual sources on Doyle, but I'm hearing that Preston were paying his wages while he was with us, with the understanding that we'd repay them that money, possibly on signing him.

The delay might be that Doyle's future with us is uncertain just now, so the money owed remains outstanding until his future is resolved.

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

I'm told Davies downed tools at the end of the window because the owner would not let him leave. He had been offered £3,500 a week elsewhere. Informed the powers that be that he was only interested in his end of season holiday. He scored one goal after that (tap in vs Bury) and had many mystery absences. 

I would fire him to whichever club is daft enough to want him.

Yet wellens picked him ahead of Holloway ???‍♂️

34 minutes ago, Ryan said:

They could be League 1 currently, but L2 next year..

Hopefully this is just Preston trying to create  bidding war.

I wonder if out decision to sign him whilst injured will count for anything?

2 minutes ago, singe said:

They could be League 1 currently, but L2 next year..

I wonder if out decision to sign him whilst injured will count for anything?

No way is Doyle dropping down to League Two.

1 minute ago, Stevie_J said:

No way is Doyle dropping down to League Two.

I think your right unfortunately however he did go to Portsmouth in THAT league. Albeit on loan. But nothing to say that he wouldn’t if we could show intent and ambition to go straight back up. I suppose it depends on the calibre of the interested parties. If , for example it was a side like Walsall , disrespect intended, then he may fancy a fight at (hopefully) the right end of the table as opposed to a relegation battle. He may see it as an opportunity to bag a shitload until Xmas and then get a decent move. Probably just wishful thinking on my half though tbf. 

Also, to the minority on here (BP1960 springs to mind) saying they wouldn’t have him back  HAVE A WORD ! (FACT) 

Archived