• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Course he will but I’d guess he would prefer to play here with this group of lads who appear to have become very close mates.

Then factor in Abdallah has probably already told him his plans for next season which, if he’s paid money for Byrne and agreed a fee for Doyle, look to be bloody exciting times for the club!

I am looking forwards trust me - just interested to know what would change if we go down, would it not be the same group of contracted lads under the same plan that Abdallah has for us? A team with the likes of Byrne and Doyle excites me as much in League 2 as it does in League 1.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I am looking forwards trust me - just interested to know what would change if we go down, would it not be the same group of contracted lads under the same plan that Abdallah has for us? A team with the likes of Byrne and Doyle excites me as much in League 2 as it does in League 1.

Of course and I’ve no doubt they’d tear L2 a new one. BUT I’d be very surprised if we managed to hang on to players like that if we went down. 

21 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Great news if true.Hope we can sign Ripley and a decent centre half.If so then roll on next season already.

Winchester and Baxter back too.

In fact I've just remembered I had a dream about Baxter coming on as a sub at Wigan last night... 

5 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Winchester and Baxter back too.

In fact I've just remembered I had a dream about Baxter coming on as a sub at Wigan last night... 

We didn't play Wigan last night.

Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry.

• 1 month later...
On 01/02/2018 at 6:38 AM, Lee Sinnott said:

I hate trying to put the burden all on one player, but our L1 survival firmly rests on Doyle's shoulders. If he is back before stated by Wellens and Doyle, which I think he will, and he carries on his form from earlier in the season, then we will stay up with ease.

If he is out until mid-March, and it takes time for him to find his feet again, then I think this could be our year...

Told yer...

On 04/03/2018 at 8:55 AM, Lee Sinnott said:

I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he said it was already agreed for him to sign permanently...

I think a lot has changed since then. Namely, the fact we owe Preston quite a lot of money from this deal. I imagine he will still want to play here under Wellens, but I am not so sure Preston will play ball with us any more...

I think players will play in either L1 or 2 if the money is right. Plenty of them have left L1 clubs for a better deal in L2.

Doyle played for Portsmouth in L2 but didn't score many goals.

8 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I don't think the relegation scuppers it as much as us owing Preston money does...

Should we have been paying Preston monthly do you know, or was the agreement to pay at the end of the season?

I thought these kind of problems would not occur after the takeover!!

8 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

I think you may have nailed it there.

Pretty sure he wouldn’t have been allowed to complete a takeaway if he had no money , fit and proper persons and all that.

Just now, yarddogs said:

Pretty sure he wouldn’t have been allowed to complete a takeaway if he had no money , fit and proper persons and all that.

A takeaway may be a better statement of where we find ourselves, rather than takeover 

?

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I think a lot has changed since then. Namely, the fact we owe Preston quite a lot of money from this deal. I imagine he will still want to play here under Wellens, but I am not so sure Preston will play ball with us any more...

....But I thought all the austerity & financial problems we endured under Corney would be resolved now we have a new owner? Fit & Proper Persons and that.

Any of the, ‘I don’t care about Ka-myoo-ni-kay-shun lads’ changed their mind about ka-myoo-ni-kay-shun yet?

Whats the fkin Plan Lemsagam?

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Do we still want him considering what he'll cost and the fact he's stopped scoring since coming back?

There, I've said it :lol:

You are right to ask the question. We have seen 2 different strikers either side of his injury.

That said we should still try and sign him. 

Archived