Charlton away

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

:petesake: it needs to because there isn't a goal in that team.

I must correct you there....that team has scored a total of 5 league goals this year!!

Record this season in league games where Holloway has started.....

P 6

W 0

D 1

L 5

F 4

A 11

pts 1

Sorry to be depressing 

11 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

McEleney scored 10 goals between March and Oct '17.....

I'm not gonna judge him on his form in Ireland, despite the positive reviews it's still a huge step up to League 1 level, for me he is one for the future and I just hope he settles in and finds his feet and gets confidence from that, of course it would be great if he hit the ground running but I think he should be given time.

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I've seen the clips everyone else has and whilst it can look impressive at first glance he will be better judged on what he actually does for us.

True but I cant wait to see him play, however I think we need to give him a few games to get up to speed.

Just listened to today’s presser with Wellens. Few things that stood out...while talking about some of the reasons Jewell quit, he mentioned the state of training at Chapel Road. Frequency of it being flooded & unable to train on. Then added he’s trying to work on team shape with the players we’ve got, but he’s not sure what 11 he will have for the game. 

Also let slip that we haven’t been able to register McEleney yet. Very odd. Terribly difficult to prepare for a game like Saturdays. He added how they’ve added a body or two including a lad from arsenal he would’ve liked to have captured. 

Was hoping we couldve fired a few more nails in that prick Karl Robinson’s coffin but the task looks impossible. But then, football is a funny old game. 

44 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Just listened to today’s presser with Wellens. Few things that stood out...while talking about some of the reasons Jewell quit, he mentioned the state of training at Chapel Road. Frequency of it being flooded & unable to train on. Then added he’s trying to work on team shape with the players we’ve got, but he’s not sure what 11 he will have for the game. 

Also let slip that we haven’t been able to register McEleney yet. Very odd. Terribly difficult to prepare for a game like Saturdays. He added how they’ve added a body or two including a lad from arsenal he would’ve liked to have captured. 

Was hoping we couldve fired a few more nails in that prick Karl Robinson’s coffin but the task looks impossible. But then, football is a funny old game. 

and the similarities...

Charlton Takeover

1 hour ago, ThaiLatic said:

Stick the kettle on. I'll pop down and watch it with you.

According to Google Maps it’s a 14 hour drive and then a nifty 30 minutes by speedboat...I think you’d want more than a cup of chah after that journey ?

Edited by TheBigDog

On 03/01/2018 at 1:32 PM, dannyboy55555 said:

Current side:

Placide

Dummigan

Wilson

Gerrard

Hunt

Fane

Flynn

Gardner

Nepo

Holloway

McEleney

Lets see how this changes before weekend..

McEleney isn’t registered yet.

Placide

Dummigan

Wilson

Gerrard

Hunt

McLaughin

Fane

Omrani

Nepo

Flynn

Davies

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Edmundson for me, been playing and in form by all accounts.

Be good to see if Maouche can actually kick a ball.

Davies or Holloway but never together so Tope up front with Davies.

Forgot about Tope, again ?

Nearly put Edmundson, I rate him I like his nasty edge.