Posh Away

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be very interesting to see our defensive line up on Saturday. We've got very little experience or quality there now if Gerrard is out. Wilson  as steady but hasn't had the game time.  Stott is still raw. Ryan Mc is only just back.  Hunt is shaky, Bryan needs the experienced head. Edmondson out. Clarke to bury seems like a silly move now. Going to be a big week for us. 10 days left of a crucial window. 

9 minutes ago, Chris Richard said:

It will be very interesting to see our defensive line up on Saturday. We've got very little experience or quality there now if Gerrard is out. Wilson  as steady but hasn't had the game time.  Stott is still raw. Ryan Mc is only just back.  Hunt is shaky, Bryan needs the experienced head. Edmondson out. Clarke to bury seems like a silly move now. Going to be a big week for us. 10 days left of a crucial window. 

stotts on loan at stockport till end of season unless we recall 

43 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Defence is a major concern and has not been addressed.

Lack of goals from other areas other than other areas is alarming.

With the serious decline and are in a relegation dogfight, do we play a weakened team against Shrewsbury or play our strongest side and try and build some momentum? 

I'd go for Ben Heneghan, 6ft 5" centre back not catching at Sheffield United.

Edited by BP1960

4 hours ago, steveecky said:

Having a nice footballing side is ok, but you need strong defensive players when the opposition are on top to get results. Reading a psychology book which talks about confirmation bias ie managers form an opinion about players and keep that opinion even when the evidence goes against it. Also many coaches like players who remind them of themselves as players. Good managers try to avoid those mental traits. So RW needs to consider whether he needs to go against his instincts in order to get better results and save the team from relegation. Tough CB and LB needed and a striker rather than 2 strikers.

LJ had his faults but this was exactly what he did for the last 10 games of his only full season in charge.  The football definitely wasn't pretty but 10 games unbeaten is what kept us up.  He progressed us in the first 15 games of the next season to show it's possible for Wellens to do the same.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Turn the computers off lads, put the phone away. Open a beer, chill out and come back tomorrow. 

We were losing games in December with 2/3 of the catalysts in the team. We’ll sign the players we need and we’ll be fine.

calling for wellens head already is fucking stupid and deep down uou know it. That was ok today, fine margins at front and back as it has been all season, we’ll sort it....

21 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Turn the computers off lads, put the phone away. Open a beer, chill out and come back tomorrow. 

We were losing games in December with 2/3 of the catalysts in the team. We’ll sign the players we need and we’ll be fine.

calling for wellens head already is fucking stupid and deep down uou know it. That was ok today, fine margins at front and back as it has been all season, we’ll sort it....

Robbio Had fine margins, how many times did Erwin hit the post. We need to face facts, we’re losing games and slipping further and further into the mier! When do we change it? Don’t get me wrong I’m for wellens turn it around. But a new manger, who gets the same look all  new mangers get like wellens got, keeps us up. That’s all that matters

8 minutes ago, lookersman said:

Can we recall clarke   ?

I hope so, I’d id starts dragging us down. Bury are far from doomed. Until wellens lovers accept we’re in serious dog fight. We’re lookig down the barrel of a gun, our form is terrible, we can’t score, can’t keep a sheetS we need shez mentality! It’s not about winning pretty it’s about grinding out results !

Can’t believe the amount of fickle fans we have. Yes, it’s a very bad run, yes it’s a little concerning to EVERYONE involved, including the manager, but, calling for his is downright ridiculous.

I understood it under David Dunn and Steve Robinson. The football was, in a word, shite. There were little signs of promise and I don’t think even the managers believed they could do it.

Whilst Wellens persona has changed slightly to questioning himself and his players, he is adament in wanting to form a team that follows his “philosophy” (Hate the cliche, but probably necessary here.) We’re playing good football and it’s clear that players want to come and play for him. (Byrne and Bryan signing are a key sign of this.)

We HAVE to give him the time to get this into place. I am a firm believer that we will survive this season, quite comfortably too. With a striker incoming, hopefully sooner rather than later, we should be capitalising more in these games, especially if it is someone in the Doyle ilk, who will drag defenders around and open up space for the midfield to operate.

I’ve probably rambled on a little bit, but I geninely feel passionate on this subject at the moment. It’s the first season in years (Shez’s masterclasses apart) where I have looked forward to the next game coming round, home or away.

In Wellens I trust, and I believe you all should too.